Car modifications thread #VOTE NOW!#

brillomaster

350z Modifications thread  

94 members have voted

1. 1. Which of these Mods would you consider for your car?

• Wider/larger diameter wheels
    • Stretched tyres
    • Suspension/Stance modifications (cosmetic)
    • Sports exhaust
    • High Flow Cats/Decats
    • Suspension modifications (performance)
    • Extreme weight loss
    • Vinyl Wrap/extreme colour respray
    • BGW/Massive spoiler
    • Bodykit (sideskirts/front bumper/rear bumper)
    • Under car Neons
    • Lambo Doors
    • Window tints
    • Engine remap/Uprev
    • Major engine work (forged engine build, engine swap)
    • Supercharger/Turbocharger conversion
    • No Mods - exactly as it left the factory

Thought it would be interesting to see the total forum consensus with regards to car modifications - important to answer with regards to actual modifications you would consider doing to your own car, the car you actually drive on a day to day basis.

Obviously theoretically i'd love a lowered car, big wheels, loud exhaust, the full works, but i'd never actually make a car undrivable on our shoddy british roads (shots fired!)

And also then if someone asks an opinion on a particular modification, this thread will provide a rough approximation of the number of positive and negative responses one expects to receive!

Edited by brillomaster

Zeds need to be slammed so suspension all day long for me. Even if your car has no power upgrades or fancy wheels, lowering it instantly makes it look more attractive.

In truth, once I've sold my Black Zed I'll be the antithesis of Zeditus. I plan on keeping whitey as gloriously stock as the day she rolled off the Omori assembly line.

Edited by -G-

Zeds need to be slammed so suspension all day long for me. Even if your car has no power upgrades or fancy wheels, lowering it instantly makes it look more attractive.

In truth, once I've sold my Black Zed I'll be the antithesis of Zeditus. I plan on keeping whitey as gloriously stock as the day she rolled off the Omori assembly line.

'Slammed' makes them useless to people like me who live in an area with speed bumps. lowered makes them look good and still practical

• Like 1

but slammed purely so it looks better? at the possible detriment of performance? I like a lowered car, but not so much that the camber, ride height and tyre rubbing compromises drivability.

and yeah, I appreciate that some cars you want to keep stock, and some cars you are happy modding the heck out of, but i'll confidently say i'll never consider lambo doors on anything!

Interesting.....but there is a but......many of us would love(d) many of the options listed, but when it comes down to the real world so would be kinda nice to say upgrades in total up to, say, £1k; up to £5k; up to £10k and finally no limit :scare::lol:

Just a thought..... :)

I have no taste and would consider under car neons/LEDs for a bit of fun. :p Would definitely install a switch though as I wouldn't want it on all the time. :surrender:

On my first car, I put neons inside and out, both controlled with rocker switches by your knee whilst driving. Only used them at night (obviously pointless in the day!) but never had problems with police, they were more curious than anything. they were green neons and never flickered or flashed, so wasnt seen as a dangerous distraction!

My 350z has interior red neons around the footwells and seats, but these only come on with the interior light, so goes off when the doors shut.

im actually surprised that HFCs/decats are actually running almost equal with a sports exhaust - i'd pretty much always consider a sports exhaust purely for sound more than anything, but i'd only consider a HFC/decat if it was a major restriction to power - for example on a turbocharged engine. the rest of the time I just consider them to add unwanted rasp, extra complexity with o2 sensors and difficulty passing an MOT.

but then again, I'm generally against tuning an N/A engine for power, but I can appreciate that if that's your bag then HFCs and a remap make sense.

Interesting.....but there is a but......many of us would love(d) many of the options listed, but when it comes down to the real world so would be kinda nice to say upgrades in total up to, say, £1k; up to £5k; up to £10k and finally no limit :scare::lol:

NAE%20LIMITS_zpsxgaug42q.jpg

• Like 1

On my first car, I put neons inside and out, both controlled with rocker switches by your knee whilst driving. Only used them at night (obviously pointless in the day!) but never had problems with police, they were more curious than anything. they were green neons and never flickered or flashed, so wasnt seen as a dangerous distraction!

It really is low down on my list of things to do, but in terms of legality, wasn't it legal as long as you can only see the glow (i.e. can't see the light source itself) and it's not a certain colour? Or am I wrong?

On a different note, was following a car the other day who had installed blue LEDs (?) in his rear lights, which was flashing intermittently. Looked poop and highly illegal. :wacko:

NAE%20LIMITS_zpsxgaug42q.jpg

I think this question is based on no limits... but with regards to the big two modifications on the list (supercharge/turbo and major engine work/engine swap) i'd certainly consider supercharging what was previously an NA engine, but I would have to be really stinking rich to consider doing an engine swap rather than just buying the car that has that engine in in the first place.

for example my hierarchy of spending would be as follows:

lowest cost - standard n/a 350z

moderate cost - 350z with a supercharger kit

high cost - R35 GTR

higher cost - Tuned R35 GTR

seriously minted - 350z with a GTR engine swap

ridonkulously minted - 350z with a tuned GTR engine

Edited by brillomaster