Moving on from my Mk1 TT.

Hi, I've hade a Mk1 TT for nealry 3 years and its been great but now I have an itch, at first I was wanting an SLK 350 and still think they are a great looking motor, but I finally settled on the 350z for my next car. So I've watched the review vids and read about some of the regular faults to look for (nothing new to me after having the TT which has numerous "common" faults.) Will be going for a pre 2006 as I don't fancy paying £200 more in road tax.

So hello folks

AL

• Like 1

Don't discount 06+ cars just because of the VED, as that's a minuscule cost of owning the car over a year. It's roughly the equivalent to an extra pint of beer every week, and for me the driving experience with an extra 500rpm to play with is massively worth it. Also you get the significantly better interior & MUCH better headlights, well worth it on it's own.

Of course, if you can't afford an 06+ car in the first place then the point is moot, but if you can I'd strongly urge you to consider one.

• Like 1

Don't discount 06+ cars just because of the VED, as that's a minuscule cost of owning the car over a year. It's roughly the equivalent to an extra pint of beer every week, and for me the driving experience with an extra 500rpm to play with is massively worth it. Also you get the significantly better interior & MUCH better headlights, well worth it on it's own.

Of course, if you can't afford an 06+ car in the first place then the point is moot, but if you can I'd strongly urge you to consider one.

Yes I see your point. £200 not that much when spending so much on a car. As for how much depends on whether I get one sooner or wait a year and have an extra couple of grand to spend.

Welcome!

It's a common thing on welcome threads to say about DE vs Rev Up/HR tax prices but I assure your that you will save 200 quid a year by being on this forum :)

Great traders and loads of hints and tips to save money

Edited by 370Ad
  • Like 1

Welcome!

It's a common thing on welcome threads to say about DE vs Rev Up/HR tax prices but I assure you will save 200 quid a year by being on this forum :)

Great traders and loads of hints and tips to save money

I'm sure I will save loads from tips on here. On the TT forum I saved about £200 in locksmith fees and new key cutting, simply by a little knowledge, a flat head screwdriver and 2 minutes fiddling.

Cheers

• Like 1

Hello and welcome. I believe that the road tax charge is changing next year. Not sure of the details but sounds like the cost could be the same. Any one know?

Just did a bit of research, think it only effects all new cars

sent by Zed using my phone.

Edited by modo
  • Like 1

Hello and welcome. I believe that the road tax charge is changing next year. Not sure of the details but sounds like the cost could be the same. Any one know?

sent by Zed using my phone.

It's only affecting new cars unfortunately :(

Welcome along EcoFriendlyAL :)

• Like 1

Welcome along. We had a brand new TT way back in 2002, nothing but problems mostly electrical, The 350Z I bought new in 2007 has been trouble free.

Pete

Mine has the usual problems, wonky temp and fuel gauge, need pod sending off at £120 and no car for 3 or 4 days, plus the door micro switch witch I mended twice and it still doesn't work. headlight washers of course, but apart from that I've enjoyed my 3 years with it. Some call it a hairdressers car or not even a sports car? But at 225 BHP, mines stage 1 remap so maybe 250 BHP and 4WD it certainly moves and sticks to the road round bends,

Hello and :welcome:

I had a Mk1 225 TT before my Zed. Had loads and loads of little niggles and issues and it's how I first found car forums (I was constantly Googling 'How To' guides) and 99% of searches would point me in the direction of the UK owners forum, which I'm sure you're familiar with given the list of things you've had to change on yours :lol:

You'll find this place a similarly valuable resource for information and advice. You will still find yourself looking for 'How To' guides if you do buy a Zed, but it will not be 'How to fix....' guides, more so 'How to remove X and replace with Y as I've bought yet another mod/upgrade due to Zeditis' guides. :lol:

• Like 1

Hello and :welcome:

I had a Mk1 225 TT before my Zed. Had loads and loads of little niggles and issues and it's how I first found car forums (I was constantly Googling 'How To' guides) and 99% of searches would point me in the direction of the UK owners forum, which I'm sure you're familiar with given the list of things you've had to change on yours :lol:

You'll find this place a similarly valuable resource for information and advice. You will still find yourself looking for 'How To' guides if you do buy a Zed, but it will not be 'How to fix....' guides, more so 'How to remove X and replace with Y as I've bought yet another mod/upgrade due to Zeditis' guides. :lol:

Hi, and thank you Z Legend, oh yes, very familiar with the TT Forum and has saved me loads of hassle and money. "Zeditis" lol, I like it.

• Like 1