380Rs

Davectr

The 380RS engine (VQ38HR) was developed for Super Taikyu series racing - it's the same VQHR block as the old nismo, but with lighter / stronger cranks cams etc. It's stroked to 3.8 over the original 3.5 and tuned to 400PS.

Only the RS-C has the 400 engine , the road going ones are 348 bhp. The RS-C cost a cool $250,000. As to the value of this car, I'd guess 16-20k.

Pete

• Like 2

18's front and 19'e rear wow

This was an OEM option stateside, sold my 350 before it became a reality.

350z wheels

Track 18/19" v.2

18/19-inch Track and GT wheels V2

Super-light Forged Aluminum Alloy

Front

Size: 18x9.0

Offset: +30mm

Weight: 21 lbs 4 oz

Tire: Bridgestone RE050A 245/40/18

Rear

Size: 19x10.0

Offset: +30mm

Weight: 29 lbs 8 oz

Tire: Bridgestone RE050A 265/35/19

http://www.350z-tech.com/wiki/index.php?title=File:2006_350z_005.jpg

Only the RS-C has the 400 engine , the road going ones are 348 bhp. The RS-C cost a cool $250,000. As to the value of this car, I'd guess 16-20k.

Pete

It's the same engine - the street version is detuned to 350ps.

The RS-C WAS worth that, Rick at Racecarparts is selling one for anyone interested in owning one. Comes with a spare engine I believe.

As for cost. Put it this way, you can't buy one in Japan in any condition for less than 3.5m yen - which is £22k at today's exchange rate. That's before you deregister it, ship it, pay tax on it, IVA it, register it, tax it and insure it.

Not cheap.

• Like 1

Pete

It's the same engine - the street version is detuned to 350ps.

The RS-C WAS worth that, Rick at Racecarparts is selling one for anyone interested in owning one. Comes with a spare engine I believe.

As for cost. Put it this way, you can't buy one in Japan in any condition for less than 3.5m yen - which is £22k at today's exchange rate. That's before you deregister it, ship it, pay tax on it, IVA it, register it, tax it and insure it.

Not cheap.

So not a ridiculous price. Worth it imo. I'd get one.

Some pics of the 380RS-C Rick was offering a while back, probably still on offer.

11873949_10153296612601130_1316195546_n.jpg?oh=0c4c0e848f6e05ce4bb011ecacd4dc95&oe=56C3A000

Very odd, just checking out a few photos of the 380RS-C something very strange popped up. Both photos from Nismo site.

380rsc_main.jpg

Look closely and spot the difference? The above Zed is the 2007 model

This is the 2008 model.

380rsc_main.jpg

Pete

Its a great car G, no denying it, but it lacks one thing compared to the other two you mention, the word Skyline, the z series just doesnt have the same cult following, all in my opinion of course.

You're right but unfortunately the cult of skylines as it exists will die with this generation. The skylines built today have been returned to the luxury saloon class they once came from and as of current writing, are a strictly a japan-only enterprise.

The Z does have an international following but its far more muted I'll agree - time will tell how well it will endure and whether it will flourish or die.

• Like 1

Headlight indicator? Maybe it was crash damaged? Good spot though

I doubt that Nismo would use a crash damaged vehicle for its publicity photo and also quite a number of photos show the RS-C with the old style headlights, including the black/red one above. Can't imagine why Nismo would downgrade to Xenon's on a competition car.(unless they're a couple of kilos lighter)

Pete

Looks like an awesome car, any idea whats involved to retune it to the 400PS?

Here's a list of differences from a U.S.A forum, may be incomplete.

Pete

Dual cone intake with carbon fiber heat shield and metal (aluminum perhaps?) piping.

- Individual throttle bodies (the plenum isn't really a plenum per say, just to maintain an an environment with clean air. you can run 6 individual air filters for each TB, but this setup actually helps reduce turbulence)

- Long tube catless headers

- 2.5" Y-pipe with single titanium 3" y-pipe-back

- Upgraded oil system with better oil jets/squirters (Not dry sump though)

- Nismo camshafts, springs and retainers

- 3.8L forged crankshaft, forged rods and forged pistons (possibly higher compression)

- A/C delete (obviously)

- Auto belt tensioner delete

- Upgraded radiator

- Radiator thermostat delete

- Stock crankshaft damper pulley (hint hint)

- Race clutch

• Like 1