370z nismo recaros

bigjackb

I have done about 500 miles in my 370z nismo and have noticed that there is staining on the red alcantara bit of the seat where my right let sits. It looks like colour transfer from jeans. Does anyone know how to clean this and also if there is anyway of protecting them or if a cover is the only option?

Thanks in advance!

What have you tried so far? On the alcantara part, then regular interior shampoo cleaner usually works, along with a stiff brush but be careful not to tear it. You can also try a bit of water with lemon juice in as a gentle solution if that doesn't work.

Got it sorted today. A mate of mine had raceglaze alcantara cleaner. Sprayed a little on agitated with a soft brush then wiped clear. Has dried up now and stain is completely away. I think I will definitely be looking into getting covers.

• 1 month later...

Slight change of tack, but are the recaros lower than the stock 370 seats? I'm 6,2" and have a slight issue with feeling too high in the stock 370 when I've driven it...

I was surprised to find that the Mk2 Nismo seats are the standard 370 base with the Recaro back fitted so I would think the height would be the same

Got it sorted today. A mate of mine had raceglaze alcantara cleaner. Sprayed a little on agitated with a soft brush then wiped clear. Has dried up now and stain is completely away. I think I will definitely be looking into getting covers.

I have some of the Raceglaze - works very well.

I have done about 500 miles in my 370z nismo and have noticed that there is staining on the red alcantara bit of the seat where my right let sits. It looks like colour transfer from jeans. Does anyone know how to clean this and also if there is anyway of protecting them or if a cover is the only option?

Thanks in advance!

I would recommend to protect them gtechniq I1 smart fabric .It makes them water and stain resistand and lasts around a year or so . I did mine a few months ago . You literally soak the fabric only not the leather in the stuff leave it atleast a day to dry thats it . It doesnt effect the colour or feel of the fabric

http://www.theultimatefinish.co.uk/gtechniq/-i1-smart-fabric-anti-bacterial.aspx