Hit & Run - Brighton

-G-

Even cameras on surrounding roads, problem is proving who was at the wheel...either way if they do catch the person it should be ten years and never allowed to drive again - astonished at how lenient penalties are for dangerous driving in this country.

Between this and the woman from the village I grew up in getting caught keying an X5 on CCTV its been a week of wonder.

I don't particularly like the idea of being surveiled constantly but you'd think the halfwits of the world would know what the internet & technology have done for catching criminality.

Cat-bin lady anyone?

That's good news, hopefully it will be 10 years inside but will probably be a 2 year driving ban and £100 fine!

I am astonished at the consistently low punishments for this sort of behaviour - as a start never allowed to drive again, absolutely no way. Whats a few years driving ban? Prison on par with manslaughter as far as I am concerned.

• Like 2

A few years back a local fella left a wine bar after a few to many to drive less than one mile home and subsequently killed two people, a mate was a paramedic at the time and was first on the scene, it was horrific by all accounts, body parts literally scattered everywhere, he hit them doing 70+.

7 years is all he got.