Thoughts on this roadster

Stan

Hope this is allowed, but as I'm doing research I need some advice on a few things zed-related.

I have seen this car for sale:

http://www.junction17cars.co.uk/used-cars/NISSAN-350Z-V6-ROADSTER-MK1-002156#view

Now I have already read the Junction 17 thread... but aside from that I had a couple of queries

Firstly, is 109k miles a problem for a 10 year old zed? I have owned jap cars in the past and usually this is not a problem, but I don't know how well these engines run for 6 figure mileages. Also, it says it has had a new clutch, would anything else need replacing at this stage?

Secondly, there is a picture of it with the roof up, but just above the door handle it seems like the corner of the roof is bent up? Is this normal or something that can be fixed?

Lastly, is a 55 plate still the pre-facelift/cheaper tax model?

Thanks in advance!

The engines (provided their well serviced and looked after) can run over 150K from what I've heard, people on here passing MOT's at well over 100k. Yes its in the cheaper tax band. The roof bit above the door does look a bit odd, but I've no experience with the roadsters so best hear from someone else. I'd look around though, you may find ones similar with the better looking Rays.

Edited by AMT

109k miles is average a car that age but it all depends on how its been run, serviced at regular intervals and what petrol it has been run on, for me the mileage wouldnt be a problem if it had a good service history and clutch has been changed like it has been.

Banana arms and bushes tend to be a common issue on a zed but thats a few hundred pounds to fix.

With regards to the roof i have a coupe so i cannot help you with that one

55 plate will be cheaper tax

Plenty of Z's with that sort of mileage so as long as it's been looked after and fed super unleaded fuel that shouldn't be a major issue

The roof issue would concern me greatly though with J17's reputation for NOT fixing things even when they say they will.

If you have read up on them then you will know customer service doesn't seem to be their strong point but that doesn't make their cars bad just have your eyes wide open and don't expect ANYTHING more than you see for your money.

Edited by davedutch

Whatever you do don't base your decision on a couple of hundred pounds difference on V.E.D. Both the cars AMT found will be higher tax but look cleaner, are lower mileage and NOT from J17

The difference in tax is approx £4 a week or less than 20 miles in a Z

Edited by davedutch
  • Like 1

That blue one won't be... not sure about the other reg, looks NI and I've no idea how that works lol The convertibles do look good in the blue! And davedutch is right, I was looking at that when I first looked at mine but trust me... the running costs alone will make you not bother about the tax haha...the fuel too if its a daily.

Edited by AMT

So you want advise on a car from members, but you dont want to acknowledge the advise on the well documented issues with the seller :surrender:

I have read the good and the (lot!) of bad about J17 - but in my eyes though I'm just after a car, not aftersales or warrantys etc, so would treat it with the same risk as a private seller. If in fact the roof (in this case) was broken and they didn't fix it, I would never buy the car.

Funnily enough I was also looking at the first car AMT linked to as they are roughly the same distance from me as J17 are, but I do have my heart set on a black zed. I'm in no rush though and have a relatively high budget, so will keep looking!

What is the tax difference between the pre- and post-facelifts then?

So you want advise on a car from members, but you dont want to acknowledge the advise on the well documented issues with the seller :surrender:

I have read the good and the (lot!) of bad about J17 - but in my eyes though I'm just after a car, not aftersales or warrantys etc, so would treat it with the same risk as a private seller. If in fact the roof (in this case) was broken and they didn't fix it, I would never buy the car.

Funnily enough I was also looking at the first car AMT linked to as they are roughly the same distance from me as J17 are, but I do have my heart set on a black zed. I'm in no rush though and have a relatively high budget, so will keep looking!

What is the tax difference between the pre- and post-facelifts then?

So you just want the car....and I am sure you expect a decent car for your money, with no issues, even small ones.

So listen to us and avoid unless you want grief, no matter how small.

Plus it's advertised as a GT, there are some buttons missing on the steering wheel to prove that it is a GT

If your in no rush, avoid that one, wait until another pops up somewhere else :thumbs: You have risks with any sellers/dealers and you might have to 'fight' with them but its seems anyone else but J17 is best to have a 'fix this' argument with haha

Edited by AMT

Plus it's advertised as a GT, there are some buttons missing on the steering wheel to prove that it is a GT

Indeed but early GT roadsters only had three buttons, the extra buttons were added around 2006.

Pete

Posted · Hidden by Ebized, January 12, 2016 - trying to sell and not in accordance with rules
Hidden by Ebized, January 12, 2016 - trying to sell and not in accordance with rules

If you have a bit more money I'd possiblely sell mine for £7800, it's only done 29k miles with fsh. Only because I really want a GT-R

Indeed but early GT roadsters only had three buttons, the extra buttons were added around 2006.

Pete

So do all 2006+ GTs have the stereo control buttons and the cruise on the wheel then? (just learning some more bits here!)

Looks like I'll be steering clear of J17 as well ;)

• Like 2

£7k for a 109k roadster with a shafted roof from a sh!t dealer.... it's a no brainer to me.

I paid less than that for less than half that mileage. Be patient, get something better, don't rush into buying you'll just end up kicking yourself

• Like 1

£7k for a 109k roadster with a shafted roof from a sh!t dealer.... it's a no brainer to me.

I paid less than that for less than half that mileage. Be patient, get something better, don't rush into buying you'll just end up kicking yourself

Same here.