Powerball

Jetpilot

http://promotion.lottoland.co.uk/powerball/buy-one-powerball-line-get-another-free.html?pid=goadwukpb&gclid=Cj0KEQiA5dK0BRCr49qDzILe74UBEiQA_6gA-q1R1wKhbOd-pBsT28tjW7XDYKgY62kWRmJUFpYKxeoaAraE8P8HAQ&mc=PB2for1N

To be fair the lotto is absolute sh*t, i had 5 numbers back in the day, less than £800 :surrender: I doubt it even covered the money i had spent over the years, i gave up after that but still have a lucky dip for the odd big one just in case, someone has to win at some point :)

• Like 1

http://promotion.lot...HAQ&mc=PB2for1N

To be fair the lotto is absolute sh*t, i had 5 numbers back in the day, less than £800 :surrender: I doubt it even covered the money i had spent over the years, i gave up after that but still have a lucky dip for the odd big one just in case, someone has to win at some point :)

Totally agree with you ~ the Lotto is a load of BS. :thumbdown:

Me & my work colleague were looking at the Lotto allocated prize pots the other day and for two people that luckily got 5 numbers plus the bonus they "only" received £74K each ~ I say "only" as for 5 numbers plus the bonus ball I'd expect at least a few hundred thousand each. :shrug::glare:

I'm part of a syndicate in work and we are currently voting on which way to go. Either Euromillions, Thunderball, Irish Lottery or stick with UK Lotto.

So far Thunderball is winning which is good as that's the way I'd prefer to go. With it only costing £1 instead of £2 we can double the amount of lines we are entering for each draw plus the odds of winning the £500K jackpot are a lot better.

they "only" received £74K each

Your being generous, it was only £64k ;) and there was only 5 people who matched that too. I know £64k is a reasonable sum, but dam, you would at least want to pay off your mortgage or something for a 1 in 2.5 odd million chance.

Still, someone has to do it and dont mind the odd £2 here and there for a chance, but no way in hell i would be spending every week.

they "only" received £74K each

Your being generous, it was only £64k ;) and there was only 5 people who matched that too. I know £64k is a reasonable sum, but dam, you would at least want to pay off your mortgage or something for a 1 in 2.5 odd million chance.

Still, someone has to do it and dont mind the odd £2 here and there for a chance, but no way in hell i would be spending every week.

Exactly for the odds you'd expect a lot more cash.

I occasionally do my own personal stake but generally I just stick to the £2 per week with the works syndicate as technically I get 10 lines for my cash instead of just the one line although obviously anything we win will be split between the ten of us but I'm happy with that ~ I'm not a greedy person.

Any extra cash would be nice. :)

The US Powerball is open to any non-US citizen, so you can go buy a ticket, I can pop across the border and get a couple, and I can bring the ticket home with me

. . . . unfortunately it is illegal to import a lottery ticket back in to the US. The border people are warning everyone going across the border from here who are buying them.

You can buy a ticket, but you must leave it in the US . . . stupid i know, but apparently thats the law.

If no one wins by Sunday, then I will get a few tickets when I go the Monterey nest week :teeth:

The US Powerball is open to any non-US citizen, so you can go buy a ticket, I can pop across the border and get a couple, and I can bring the ticket home with me

. . . . unfortunately it is illegal to import a lottery ticket back in to the US. The border people are warning everyone going across the border from here who are buying them.

You can buy a ticket, but you must leave it in the US . . . stupid i know, but apparently thats the law.

If no one wins by Sunday, then I will get a few tickets when I go the Monterey nest week :teeth:

Forum syndicate $100 buy in?

Before you even think of it. I'd find you :lol:

Forum syndicate $100 buy in?

Before you even think of it. I'd find you :lol:

Thanks for the offer . . . you want a ticket . . . . get a plane ticket and buy your own :lol:

beside which, you have more chance of . . . .

Dying from an asteroid strike.

or

Taking home a gold medal at the Olympics.

or

Finding buried treasure.

or

Taking a ride to the moon

or

Being a 40-year-old virgin.

or

Becoming the President of the United States.

or

Being killed by a vending machine.

or

Dating Leonardo DiCaprio.

or

Getting injured by a toilet.

than you have any chance of winning the powerball :lol:

• Like 2

Well, since I have so many friends in USA, I'll give it a go :lol:

We can have some fun, I'll throw $100 in, that's 50 lines, you guys come up with the lines. Whatever / If we win, we split equal with the guy that came with the winning line :lol: :lol:

I'm not sure I believe you Adrian but unfortunately I'm poor enough not to be able to take the risk, :dry::lol: ...my numbers would be: 09, 16, 30, 31, 49, 67

:D;)

My folks are addicted to the damn lotto thing I swear to god.

Literally buy 2 tickets for every draw... my dad rang me the other day to ask if I can go buy him another ticket "just in case"

I laughed n said fine, but luckily their website was down and I couldn't be bothered to go to the shop ;)

Surely nobody wins on this? working on £6 a week minimum you're over £300 a year, yet he refuses to spend that extra money on a nicer car "cause the tax is ridiculous"

The most we've won in one ticket ( this has only happened 3 times in 10 years ) so far have been 2x £100 and 1x £50 - Seems like a bit of a lost cause to me but hey.

Odds on the lottery isn't that bad compared to premium bonds. 1 in 45 million for the jack pot on the lottery ??

We have a decent amount of premium bonds, the odds of wining a big prize on that is something like 1 in 27 BILLION!! Last 2 years we've been lucky, have got over 10% return on premium bonds (estimated annual return is only 1.36%). But last 6 months have got virtually nothing so thinking of what to do with it, still don't fancy the idea of gambling all of that on the lottery :)

Edited by gangzoom

Odds on the lottery isn't that bad compared to premium bonds. 1 in 45 million for the jack pot on the lottery ??

We have a decent amount of premium bonds, the odds of wining a big prize on that is something like 1 in 27 BILLION!! Last 2 years we've been lucky, have got over 10% return on premium bonds (estimated annual return is only 1.36%). But last 6 months have got virtually nothing so thinking of what to do with it, still don't fancy the idea of gambling all of that on the lottery :)

Watched the movie "The Big Short" the other day, was quite interesting