Gave my Z Back to dealer - Desperate for another

kbad

After just 1 month of ownership of my Z I have given back to dealer as issues seem to much . Now looking for a new Z to buy without niggling issues I had with old one. I felt after spending £5200 I was not prepared to shell out more for it especily since it only came with 1 key (Glyn Hopkins Milton keynes quoted £350 for the additional key) the code for reprogramming was missing from the steering cowl (which was a pain)

1. Water Pipe leaking

2. Underbody rotten

3. Nearside inner chassis corroded

4. Steering rack leaking both sides

5. al steering rack pipes heavily corroded

6. Water pump had play in it

7. Front sub frame mounting heavily corroded

8. W Brace rotten

Overall i thought i was not prepared to shell out so much on top on my initial investment Although its gone I miss it so badly

seems you found one that was in pretty poor shape, tbf from a garage that sort of money wont find you a great example. ideally need to be looking at least £6500 i would say.

plenty about on autotrader matey

david

@davey_83 I have increased my budget to £6500

@jimmy.farrow7 I have my head fully on now and not my heart it being seduced by the car look only

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 2

:rant: Stitched up by my Z dealer who did not refund my full payment for the car less £1000. I have found another Z ,

:DI have just done an RAC £14.99 passport check on the car which is clear

I have scheduled a full RAC check £256 tomorrow and all things being good I will pick up tomorrow

:teeth:http://www.pistonheads.com/classifieds/used-cars/nissan/350z/nissan-350-z-v6-gt------------------2007/5104709?v=b

The dealer was a bit of a fraudster, he said as I was another owner and put about 200 miles on the car the value (rubbish) of the car had gone down Pro Car sales http://www.procarsales.co.uk/.

Rubbish service , feel cheated, fight the full refund battle but will get a replacement Z first

the RAC check is a 317 point check just o mitigate against rust/structure issues like my last Z :boxing:

I got an RAC check because I don't know a thing about cars and it was my first time, but what's been said is true, no security comes with it it's purely informational.

I did successfully use it to get a number of jobs (replaced front hubs being one) done before I collected though, so it more or less paid for itself. He also picked up on a paint repair I didn't spot and some minor corrosion spots which I budgeted to sort myself.

The dealer was a bit of a fraudster, he said as I was another owner and put about 200 miles on the car the value (rubbish) of the car had gone down Pro Car sales http://www.procarsales.co.uk/.

Rubbish service , feel cheated, fight the full refund battle but will get a replacement Z first

the RAC check is a 317 point check just o mitigate against rust/structure issues like my last Z :boxing:

Irrelevant as far as I know - you have the right to reject a purchase if it was not fit for purpose, doesn't matter if you put 200 miles on it. Ekona can give you a bit more of a detailed lowdown on your rights but the dealer certainly is not in his rights to with-hold an arbitary £1000.

Absolutely :teeth:

Hello Kbad, sorry to hear about the £1000. However, you are well within your rights to get it back. I had a similar experience, so I checked my rights and they are definitely in the favour of the customer. Here is a link with some steps on how to sort it out.

http://www.which.co.uk/consumer-rights/action/how-to-complain-about-a-second-hand-car-to-a-dealer

Also phone citizens advice and then phone the dealer and tell them that you have contacted them and you will start proceedings to take if further unless the matter is resolved.

good luck with it