Need advice... Is this a good buy?

Brookesyboy

Firstly hello, long time lurker first time poster.

I'm going to buy a Zed at the earliest but know very little other than what I've gleamed looking at threads on here. I've seen one on eBay near to where I live and so ill be making an offer but wanted the experienced eyes of this forum to help me out.

The link to the eBay item is here : http://www.ebay.co.uk/ulk/itm/401038614426

The description is here for hose that don't want to leave and go to eBay:

2005 Nissan 350Z Convertible

Rare Genuine UK-supplied 'GT'-specification Car

Black, with contrasting 'Caramel' leather interior.

HPI clear - never damaged or abused.

Genuine 19-inch forged Nismo magnesium alloy wheels (some nibbling to the edges, so if I was keeping the car, i'd get them refurbished. These were a £3700 option when new including VAT)

Brembo brakes.

Japspeed de-cat and performance exhaust.

Induction kit.

Bose Audio equipment.

Nismo rear splitter.

I am a car collector and the car has been in storage for around 16 months, although it is started and moved every week. Only reason the car is for sale is due to lack of use.

Full service history, with all books, manuals, paperwork, two keys etc.

12 months MOT with no advisories.

Purchased new by a Nissan UK managing director, who did the high motorway mileage in the car early in its life.

Number Plate not included - This is a good, honest 10 year old car - It is therefore not in perfect condition, but has never let me down and I have been across Europe in it.

So much bang for your buck - nothing else in this price bracket turns as many heads.

Please note -

There are two small tears in the corner of the hood that have been repaired.

There is a small bubble forming on the very edge of the bonnet. I only noticed this when taking the photographs of the engine.

There is a light on the dashboard because of the de-cats, however the original cats and airbox are included with the car.

The air-bag light is intermittent and is a common fault with 350z's due to the connection under the seat, which traps if the seat is moved all the way forward. I will have this switched off before the end of the auction.

The car wasn't MOT'd in 2014 because it was SORN'd and in storage.

Please feel free to text or call me on 07429 600332. (ADAM)

I'd be interested in a PX deal on a Porsche Cayenne Turbo, with cash your way.

You are bidding to buy this vehicle, not to come and look it, to chip the price down. I have tried to be as honest as I can be.

CASH ON COLLECTION - NO PAYPAL.

On 10-Dec-15 at 14:23:52 GMT, seller added the following information:

PLEASE NOTE THE REGISTRATION NUMBER ADZ 1 HAS NOW BEEN REMOVED AND PUT ON RETENTION - THE CAR IS NOW BACK ON ITS ORIGINAL REGISTRATION NUMBER GY55 PWZ.

-----

I'm looking to pay 4-7k, ideally black and ideally UK version ( for insurance purposes).... Many thanks in advance

Welcome to the forum, why don't you put up a post and introduce your self properly. :thumbs:

In answer to your question, "Is this a good buy " ?

Well that will depend on how much you pay for it.

Factor in £850.00 for a new roof and £500.00 for a wheel refurb (diamond cut)

And perhaps a grand as a contingency plan due to the mileage.

Also best to pull the codes to check out the EML light, in case it is something more sinister than the cats (before you hand over your cash.)

Definitely get the EML sorted first, even if it says that it's a cat below efficiency code doesn't actually mean that it's definitely the decats! Personally I'd want cats back on, and check that the airbag light does actually work and isn't just cut as that's another MOT fail.

But yeah, get it for a good price and I'd say it's a decent car. Seats are very rare, and lovely!

Something seems not quite right about it all.

The seats don't look stock or have been retrimmed unless they were a Nismo special.

The GT spec is supposed to have electric/heated/ leather. But can't see the switches for the adjustments.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The seat adjustment switches are there.

With that colour of leather seats, shift knob and hand brake lever, you usually get the same on the steering wheel, don't you.

When I got my Roadster in 2005 I never got a seat option, that is not to say that there wasn't one.

However with that sort of mileage I would assume that the seats have had a retrim as they appear to be in pretty good shape.

I'm looking to pay 4-7k, ideally black and ideally UK version ( for insurance purposes).... Many thanks in advance

Forgive me for pointing out the obvious but if you trying to keep insurance costs down (by looking at UK cars) why are you then looking at modified examples? Have you checked what insurance would be like with:

- decats

- japspeed catback

- LMGT4 alloy wheels

- rear diffuser

Despite the seller trying to pass these off as Nismo they are not, they are modifications that have been added to the car.

• Like 1

Those seats were a Roadster-specific option.

They werent just for the Roadsters. They were an optional extra on top of the GT pack. On my 2007, if you went for the GT pack you got the black leather seats and you could pay an extra £600 (I think it was) to go for either the Frost Grey/Blue or the Alezan Orange. Both are an acquired taste, so a lot of people didnt bother.

Where the Roadster seats are different is that they are vented, so the seat back has like a fishnet style material rather than being solid like on the coupes.

With that colour of leather seats, shift knob and hand brake lever, you usually get the same on the steering wheel, don't you.

On the early cars they did, the bottom of the steering wheel was also colour matched to the seats, but on the later ones they didnt bother. So you had the alezan seats, gear knob and handbrake but not the steering wheel.

With regards to this particular car, make sure the hood in general works okay. They have a tendency to get stuck half way down.

Edited by rabbitstew

Those seats were a Roadster-specific option.

They werent just for the Roadsters. They were an optional extra on top of the GT pack. On my 2007, if you went for the GT pack you got the black leather seats and you could pay an extra £600 (I think it was) to go for either the Frost Grey/Blue or the Alezan Orange. Both are an acquired taste, so a lot of people didnt bother.

Where the Roadster seats are different is that they are vented, so the seat back has like a fishnet style material rather than being solid like on the coupes.

So those seats in that car are Roadster specific then, just like I said? :p;)

• Like 2

Forgive me for pointing out the obvious but if you trying to keep insurance costs down (by looking at UK cars) why are you then looking at modified examples? Have you checked what insurance would be like with:

- decats

- japspeed catback

- LMGT4 alloy wheels

- rear diffuser

Despite the seller trying to pass these off as Nismo they are not, they are modifications that have been added to the car.

And the induction kit. And those badges aren't standard either so technically they should be declared as well (the Nismo one on the boot will certainly class as a modification by certain underwriters as it's "up-badging").

Also, no one going to mention that those seats are roadster specific?

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Have you checked what insurance would be like with:

- LMGT4 alloy wheels

Do these really count as a modification? Got insurance renewal coming up soon, guess I'd best declare them eh? :wacko: