Clinging onto the Z with finger nails

Pritchard

There is a solution. Source a Nissan Skyline 350GT for a swap. It's the same engine, body & parts but it has a skyline badge & rear seats. Love affair renewed :-)

I'd rather get divorced. Fugly cars those 4 seaters.

I agree they look a bit 'bubbly' as standard but a bit of work and they can look rather nice in my opinion...

9tro_051413_010720_IMG_8708.jpg

jae16.jpg

0704_impp_07z+2003_infiniti_g35+side_view.jpg

• Like 1

Tough one really. Either way, one of you will have to swap your car for a 4 seater if you ever want to all go out in the car together. Im fortunate that my wife needs a 4 seater for work purposes, so it was her car we got shot of and got a 4 seater "family" car, which meant I could have whatever I wanted really.

In the end I went for a 4 seater coupe, as its handy to have another 4 seater as a backup in case we ever need it. Also, I didnt want to have a baby seat stuck on the passengers seat perminantly. Its much easier to just leave it in the back of the car 24/7 rather than either leaving it on the passengers seat or having to keep putting it in/out all the time when im dropping the little one off at nursery in the week.

Ive been considering changing my car for the last few months, and needing a 4 seater for a baby seat is causing me some pain as it is limiting the choice of car I can go for.

even tallying up the bills wont convince her.

if she can't see the simple fact that her car costs more per month than your car then either money isn't the real reason (which is fair enough, she might love her TT as much as you love your zed but feels she has to talk practicalities not feelings) or she just doesn't trust/believe the maths.

so this kinda depends on the level of communication you have. hopefully you can find out which of the 2 it is. if it's feelings then there is no clear answer, you both have 2 seater cars you love and only practicalities can differentiate them, which isn't what feelings are based on. you'll need to do some serious work together to come to some agreement that you can both live with.

if it's the maths then try talking to someone she trusts that is more maths friendly and walk it through with them. maybe (assuming your maths is right) they will be able to talk to her and explain how her car costs your family more per month than your car does.

There is a solution. Source a Nissan Skyline 350GT for a swap. It's the same engine, body & parts but it has a skyline badge & rear seats. Love affair renewed :-)

I'd rather get divorced. Fugly cars those 4 seaters.

I agree they look a bit 'bubbly' as standard but a bit of work and they can look rather nice in my opinion...

9tro_051413_010720_IMG_8708.jpg

jae16.jpg

0704_impp_07z+2003_infiniti_g35+side_view.jpg

Pick up some cracking examples for chump change - Infiniti kept the options rife too. Not a bad choice for a 4 seater imo

I think they look a bit Gtr ish from the side, similar lines but better, which is a sad thing to say :(

A tt is a tt, she could sell it buy another in 5 years and it would still look exactly the same as her current one, you cant say that about yours.

The answer is simple:

Get her to write down exactly what hers costs a month to run, fuel, tax, insurance AND finance and you write down yours, the figure at the end of hers will undeniably be more than yours and it cannot be argued.

Edited by Jetpilot
  • Like 1

A tt is a tt, she could sell it buy another in 5 years and it would still look exactly the same as her current one, you cant say that about yours.

The answer is simple:

Get her to write down exactly what hers costs a month to run, fuel, tax, insurance AND finance and you write down yours, the figure at the end of hers will undeniably be more than yours and it cannot be argued.

+1

A newish TT will cost ALOT more than any 350Z to run. Deprecation is nearly always the biggest cost to car ownership, on finance all your doing is just borrowing money to pay for deprecation.

Cannot see how anyone can argue with the numbers if it comes down to cost been the deciding factor between the two cars....Still just bear in mind the saying 'A happy wife is a happy life ' :)

My opinion:

If she's having the baby and will more than likely be the one who does the majority of the driving with the little'un in the car, then her car is the one that should go the journey. Especially as both current cars are 2-seaters.

Simple as that, as far as I'm concerned :)

My wife has our 2nd in the oven and I'm glad I never got rid of my little zed as it's cheap fun and I know I'll be able to keep it . As said previously my car is a retreat from work, family , stress and I'm glad I've got it as it can distract you when times are hard ( for me that was loosing my dad )

All the work you've put into your zed I'd be really trying to keep it . Get rid of the tt and finance . Buy something practical yet affordable , having a children is stressful enough without worrying about debt imo

Oh and congratulations ..... There's is nothing in this world that comes close to having a son or daughter to love :)

Edited by Bodyboarder81

My opinion:

If she's having the baby and will more than likely be the one who does the majority of the driving with the little'un in the car, then her car is the one that should go the journey. Especially as both current cars are 2-seaters.

really? it came out of her so it must be all her doing?

how about we rework that to say if one of them decides to be a stay at home parent then it makes sense for them to have the practical car.

My opinion:

This. What's the point in you getting a practical car if she's the one who will be driving it? If you lose the zed to a family car she will only pinch it off you and give you the keys to the TT

Methinks you need to grow a pair :lol: