Interesting footage from my dashcam @ the dealer.

nrenz123

If you went to pick the car up and on the way home found out it had an issue that only become apparent on the road, you'd be on here complaining that they didn't road test it.

Also, why wouldn't the young passenger (I'm guessing apprentice or mechanic) want to go out in a 370 if he has the chance? I'd consider it a perk of the job.

When Mark (Abbey MS) used to take my car out for a spin after mapping or part fitting, I don't imagine he drove it like Doris drives her Micra would but then I don't care. He needs to test it, the car is capable and being used in a manner that it was designed for... If I then took it home and found out at 5k RPM the engine cut out or something silly, I'd be more annoyed that he didn't drive it hard enough to find that out :lol:

I'm not defending all those people you see take customer cars out and do 120mph past a bus full of nuns but you lot complain about some strange things.

• Like 6

I was in the trade and we always had to road test everything we worked on to make sure it was correct and without any additional faults the owner might not have mentioned as they were not aware of them.

Lots of sexy motors and lots of grin inducing road tests. All part of the job and if you have mechanical sympathy you aint gonna do em any harm.

Most stuff has ignition cut out rev limiters now anyway so what yer worried about.

I suppose it depends how you get on and how much you trust the dealer. Reason I go to Infiniti Glasgow is I've been there for a few year now and I'm so pernickety about stuff and checking etc but I have every confidence in them especially David the tech. Speak to him all the time, he talks to you like a person not a company representative, the dealership don't charge you for what you don't need, if you do need something expensive they tell you to try and get it on here or elsewhere cheaper and they'll fit it etc, how you'd want it to be. I expect and don't mind David giving the car a punting, but I would not expect them to be 'clutch busting' it away from the lights and the sorts. Best thing is to find somewhere on recommendations and try it a couple of times see how you get on. I chose them through people on here and after a few visits and my own 'paranoid' checks (lol) later I knew the car wouldn't go anywhere else.

Even if I change my car and its out of warranty (as most 2nd hand will be besides the usual 3 month thing) I think I'll still take it to David and the other Glasgow techs. Note I didn't say Infiniti.... as its the person that gives you the confidence. I understand half the time you never see the person working on your car and they usually don't come out to talk to you...that's where they differ. Key to the excellence service that keeps me a customer.

Edited by AMT

Ah, my car is still under warranty for 12 months (though thats worth nothing as proved from the clutch issues thread) once the warranty is gone i'll take it to Mitz. I've been to the store a few times and trust them completely.

You do realise you can get it worked on anywhere and keep the warranty perfectly intact? As long as OEM or equivalent quality parts are used, any registered garage can work on it happily.