What car did you pass your test in ?

ATTAK Z

Either a Ford Fiesta or a Vauxhall Corsa - I can't remember

I do remember doing 'Pass Plus' in a Fiat 500 (one of the first released)

Driving instructor asked me "This is quite powerful, don't you think" ? I was like errrrr not really lol

Mazda 323 in white after 7 lessons.

My dad had lots of cool cars at his disposal and would come home in a different one each night. Some nights it would be some cool cars so I would go out in them with him. Stuff like Alfa 33 Cloverleaf, BMW M3, MG Metro Turbo, XR3i's, Citreon BX GT Turbo :)

My dad had lots of cool cars at his disposal and would come home in a different one each night. Some nights it would be some cool cars so I would go out in them with him. Stuff like Alfa 33 Cloverleaf, BMW M3, MG Metro Turbo, XR3i's, Citreon BX GT Turbo :)

Yes, I only had 7 lessons with a driving instructor too. Although my dad didn't have multiple cars at his disposal he did let me drive his Hillman Minx on every opportunity, including driving us both to work every day, 30 miles there and back, driving down to Orpington in Kent and back a couple of times (no M6 back then), must have driven over 5,000 miles I reckon. The lessons were just to iron out my bad habits, like not using the mirrors, etc.

Pete

• Like 1

Yes, I only had 7 lessons with a driving instructor too. Although my dad didn't have multiple cars at his disposal he did let me drive his Hillman Minx on every opportunity, including driving us both to work every day, 30 miles there and back, driving down to Orpington in Kent and back a couple of times (no M6 back then), must have driven over 5,000 miles I reckon. The lessons were just to iron out my bad habits, like not using the mirrors, etc.

Pete

I used to go to a big surface car park and practise parking and reversing. The best car my dad came home in for that was a Citreon BX estate. It was huge so perfect for practising in :)

• Like 1

Pete

I only had 6 lessons with an instructor, I couldn't handle my instructors constant chain smoking and terrible attitude so ended up parking up half way through lesson number 6 and after telling him what I thought of him gave him the sack and just practiced driving on quiet roads in my cortina with my mate sitting in the passenger seat, (he had a full licence so it was legal) until I felt ready to take my test

I never had any paid for lessons with an instructor, I just had my grandad pick me up from school and I'd drive back, taking the back roads and practising manoeuvres on very steep hills that my 350z's handbrake would never have held on!

• Like 1