Peak District 2016 **Interest and ideas thread**

MrsNiki

*This post is just to gauge interest and gather idea's*

I'm looking to host a 350z-uk weekend in the Peak District for 2016.

Initially, I'd like to propose a few weekends as potential dates, with the Saturday and Sunday having organised drive-outs.

1) 21st/22nd May (INSTEAD OF WALES FOR 2016)

2) 20th/21st August

3) 27th/28th August (Bank Holiday)

This will be a very similar concept to the Wales weekend, just in a different location. Hotel would probably be either Sheffield or Derby due to close proximity to the M1. (Nobody has picked up Wales 2016, hence why I am proposing this as an alternative!)

I know I won't be able to please everybody with the dates, but if anybody can see any potential clashes with anything else, please let me know.

If you could comment with the following, I would be greatly appreciative:

• Potential clashes

• Date(s) which would suit if you are interested

• Hotels around the Peak District (Sheffield/Chesterfield/Derby) that would be an ideal base if you know of any! If not, I can scout some out myself!

• Any other information/ideas that are worth considering.

Looking forward to getting some feedback from you guys!

Edited by MrsNiki

Dates for Japfest will be released soon, so that will give you an idea if it clashes with your May dates or not :)

The May date is the weekend before the modified nationals I think... Fingers crossed Japfest doesn't clash!

• Like 1

**UPDATE #1**

It appears that May is a busy month with Japfest (potentially) and Modified Nationals, and August Bank Holiday is notoriously manic in the Peak District.

I'm leaning towards August 20th/21st for this event.

I've been in touch with some hotels already to find out rates/availability too, so if interest for August 20th/21st keeps growing then i'll put the wheels in motion :D

Keep adding to this thread if you are interested, and add any useful information!

Feel free to ask any questions and I'll answer what I can :D

• Like 1

August 20th/21st sounds good to me, haven't checked other dates but at this stage it looks like this is the main choice anyway. May do a vanishing trick at one point as we have friends in the area that would be good to see but I want to get in on the main drive so we'll fit it round that :)

Seems to be that the Peak District is fairly accessible to most people! I'm looking at accommodation in Chesterfield at the moment, just off the M1.

I'd hope to follow the same pattern as Wales, a 3-4hr drive both Sat and Sun, allowing for time for people to head off and do their own thing on the Saturday/Sunday afternoon if they wish, or just hang around admiring/cleaning cars and catching up with others!

MrNiki is excited already for trialling some routes :lol:

I've asked about 'other cars' being included, and my opinion is that it should be available to all forum members, however a majority of zed's is the ideal! What I don't want is a heap of mondeo's/Vectra's etc turning up haha! I'll see what information the mods/admin can give me on this, and take it from there ;)

• Like 1