Hi, first time 350Z owner (drifter) looking for advice.

Hi,

I've just picked up my first 350Z and I thought I'd register on here as I can't imagine a better place for advice and parts.

Been a Nissan owner for approximately 10 years now, although I would consider the 350 as my first "modern" Nissan as my previous ones have been 200sx's (13's & 14's), a 300ZX and numerous Skyline's (32's, 33's & a 34)

I have bought the car to drift. I've been drifting for a few years on and off but am hoping to concentrate on it next year hence buying a more modern chassis and hopefully more reliable drivetrain

Lastly, little bit about the car. It's a 2003, manual, Rays, Brembo's, tan leather, inlet plenum spacer, K&N panel filter, lightweight pulleys, apex lowering springs and full stainless from the standard manifold back.

20151111_135536_zpsbu4i0utu.jpg

Initial plans are to sort some basic lock modifications, weld the diff, fit a hydro, some bucket seats and a steering wheel.

Any immediate advice would be greatly appreciated.

Gethin

If you're on facebook - Head over to https://www.facebook...72833969441252/

You shall get all the info you will need from our UK drifters :)

Yeah, because there arent any other drifter apart from Team Tarmac ............ ;):lol:

OP, you have picked an excellent car, it will make the S and R chassis feel rev obsessed and snappy. If you can stretch to it a 2 way would be much better than a welder, Ive heard of snapped driveshafts from cars running welders.

As for the rest, fully agree, if youve got some seat time behind you then youll notice the limited lock straight away and my handbrake was beyond useless, the long term plans need to be how to fit a decent number of wheels in it and losing some weight, Ive long said it but at 1250KG with a 2 way and coilovers the Z33 would be about as close to the perfect non ground up built driftcar as you could find.

Edited by docwra

If you're on facebook - Head over to https://www.facebook...72833969441252/

You shall get all the info you will need from our UK drifters :)

Yeah, because there arent any other drifter apart from Team Tarmac ............ ;):lol:

OP, you have picked an excellent car, it will make the S and R chassis feel rev obsessed and snappy. If you can stretch to it a 2 way would be much better than a welder, Ive heard of snapped driveshafts from cars running welders.

As for the rest, fully agree, if youve got some seat time behind you then youll notice the limited lock straight away and my handbrake was beyond useless, the long term plans need to be how to fit a decent number of wheels in it and losing some weight, Ive long said it but at 1250KG with a 2 way and coilovers the Z33 would be about as close to the perfect non ground up built driftcar as you could find.

Considering Matt and Steve were the ones who gave advice to pretty much anyone on the forum asking about drifting, It only made sense to point them out.

Didn't say TT is the only place for information did I? Just some people use facebook more frequently than this forum, so figured it'd be more helpful to the OP.

Would you like him to release a compendium of places to check for drifting related advice the world over? Or do you think him handing out his personal haunts is just fine? You know, like most people on the planet do.

OK, Im happy to play if you want to :)

If you really can get "all the info you need" can I get the how to guide on shimming a diff or changing the ramp angle myself? What about ideal drift alignment settings for an AE86? Info on whether you can still drift at Bovingdon and how you go about sorting it? How about which driftschool is the best for a beginner? Hell, I never did find out who the UK importer for a Nismo GT Pro was, I know where to go now :)

I didnt mean to cause any offence (to Grundy at least ;)) but I also dont feel that all the info youll need can be found on a single FB page either. Something like "get involved and join the fun" or "weve got a fair few 350Z drifters", fair enough, but when theres information that I cant find on Driftworks after 11 years on there ..........

Apologies, hijack over, carry on :)

• Like 1