Family Car Recomendations

neo-ninja

Hi All,

I am due to have my first born end of Jan. (Seriously excited / nervous at the same time!). Her car is currently a 2006 Ford Focus 1.8 Turbo Diesel. Its done us really well and actually perfect as a run around. We also used to have two greyhounds sadly just lost one :( so now only one. Its coming up to 75k miles and has a few minor things that need doing. But long story short I quite want to get something a bit nicer but just as practical for my wife to use.

Few thoughts:

Something a bit fun in terms of looks.

It needs to be economical but if it can be a bit sporty then great. (Not fussed about diesel or petrol)

Needs to be able to fit a greyhound in the boot (they can jump pretty high but not crazy high. - Also as they get older they cant jump well at all)

Needs a few mod cons ideally

Needs to have fairly low mileage (no more then say 60k miles)

Needs to be no more then 5-6 years old really.

Budget wise I really don't want to be looking at more then £10k if at all possible

I have been looking at a few things based of recommendation from friends and family. But nothing has quite grabbed me, and what has hasnt been in budget sadly

Anyway would be great to get some extra advice :)

Maybe ease off on the mileage constraint and go for a bigger, plusher 5 series? My mates 530D was just recently put to sleep at over 250,000 miles and he even tracked it a few times :lol:

As exciting to look at as an AA van, but they apparently drive well.

Edited by SuperStu