Insurance Trouble :(

TheRabbiJones

i have been looking at buying a Z for the past few months, and when i finally have the money to buy one the insurance is coming out at £2600 For the year using comparison websites. I have just got off the phone with sky insurance and they are saying they can't insure me even though i'm 24 with 2 years NCD :dry::angry::wacko: all a bit ridiculous if you ask me i also live in London any one have any advice?

That doesn't make sense there are plenty of under 25's on here that pay less than that.

I'm 23, 2 year NCB and pay £770 for my Zed and a corsa.

Have you tried going direct? i found Elephant 10 month policy the cheapest. Go direct

Edited by M1 6RYF

Maybe try Adrian Flux as I've found them to be pretty good although I'm a lot older than you, with more years NCB and don't live in "gangland" territory. :lol:

The last bit was a joke btw. :D

Link: http://www.350z-uk.c...89-adrian-flux/

Welcome aboard. :thumbs:

I just got off the phone with them and its the same thing maybe its london ??

I just got off the phone with them and its the same thing maybe its london ??

That sucks then. :thumbdown:

Must be down to your location then as others have said there are quite a few young members not paying that much for their 350's insurance.

What about Chris Knott insurance?

Link: http://www.350z-uk.com/forum/126-chris-knott-insurance/

More sites to try if you haven't looked at these ones yet:

http://www.policyexpert.co.uk/car-insurance/

http://www.moneysupermarket.com/?Source=GOO-004AEF26&Keyword=moneysupermarket&p=0&mckv=s0ER6q1q2|dc_pcrid_36543617942_mtype_e_kword_moneysupermarket_2764ri918980&uuid=a3189108-0471-4306-9b3d-0fe18f2fe094&Device=c&gclid=CNXN55W0xsUCFSkcwwodbxoAKw

http://www.gocompare.com/car-insurance/

A quick look here shows N9 to be classified as 'refer' which means your premium may vary based on who you speak to http://www.motorcari...ode-ratings.php

Although funnily enough I live in Richmond, very expensive part of Surrey/London, and I am an E/F and very high risk postcode! I had my zed here when I was 36 with zero ncb and I paid around £500 I think it was.

Edited by coldel

Yes. Experience *should* bring lower premiums, that's common sense.

Always used to make me chuckle when insuring Jo on her cars, like the MR2 or the Clio. "Any experience madam?" "Well, I've driven a 320bhp Impreza and a 385bhp 911, does that count?" :lol:

• Like 1

Every insurer I tried asked the same thing, what experience i have had driving other 'sporty' cars offering similar performance. If you don't have a back catalogue to rattle off that will go against you?

After a couple of years on the Zed my insurance halved. My post code is quite insurance friendly mind.

i have been looking at buying a Z for the past few months, and when i finally have the money to buy one the insurance is coming out at £2600 For the year using comparison websites. I have just got off the phone with sky insurance and they are saying they can't insure me even though i'm 24 with 2 years NCD :dry::angry::wacko: all a bit ridiculous if you ask me i also live in London any one have any advice?

I'm with Elephant, best prices I've found, I'm 23 with 3 years NCB, listed all my performance mods and my wife's insured on it too, £700 fully comp. been with them since I got the Zed

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Another one for Elephant here, cheap and goodish sales service (though not had to claim), the 10 month accelerator isn't a bad way of getting going on NCB. They're also fairly mod friendly, so long as you don't want actual cover for your mods :lol:

Another one for Elephant here, cheap and goodish sales service (though not had to claim), the 10 month accelerator isn't a bad way of getting going on NCB. They're also fairly mod friendly, so long as you don't want actual cover for your mods :lol:

Elephant was 2,600 odd i has to be where i live

Err, what kind of value and model of Zed are we talking about? If we are saying £2.5K for a brand new 370 Nismo @ £35K I'd say that's probably a good quote at 24YO! If however it's for a completely standard UK '05 350Z @£6000 then not quite so good :lol:

OUCH that does sound a very very OTT quote! I'm in east london in an IG6 postcode with 6 points on my licence, 1 year NCB on zed, 2 years NCB on polo and 27 years old and i'm paid £1200 last december! It was a lot less than that the previous year, but the points hiked up my premium :(

Err, what kind of value and model of Zed are we talking about? If we are saying £2.5K for a brand new 370 Nismo @ £35K I'd say that's probably a good quote at 24YO! If however it's for a completely standard UK '05 350Z @£6000 then not quite so good :lol:

Value of car seems to make no difference, its purely down to stats. When I got my zed, I was paying £1000 to insure it and at the time it was worth about £16k. And yet I was quoted only £400 by the same company to insure a brand spanking new Lambo Gallardo which was worth significantly more. Same postcode, same details, even telling them id park it on the street outside my house etc. I guess statistically more zeds have been claimed for than Gallardo`s and so they are a higher risk.

• Like 1

Value of car seems to make no difference, its purely down to stats. When I got my zed, I was paying £1000 to insure it and at the time it was worth about £16k. And yet I was quoted only £400 by the same company to insure a brand spanking new Lambo Gallardo which was worth significantly more. Same postcode, same details, even telling them id park it on the street outside my house etc. I guess statistically more zeds have been claimed for than Gallardo`s and so they are a higher risk.

That's probably about right, if you're over 25, even more so if you're over 30/40 or 50. :)