Is Tinder a bad topic to mention...

GizmoGold

So how did everyone else meet their current partners then?

I met mine when I was in a band, and she was the guitarist's younger cousin. She was 15, I was 24 and engaged at the time so nothing happened, but we really hit it off. A few months later and I was single, the guitarist organised a Halloween party and we both had an invite, haven't looked back since. :)

See, being in a band DOES get you chicks! :lol:

Dammit! Definitely jealous!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I met mine when I was in a band, and she was the guitarist's younger cousin. She was 15, I was 24 and engaged at the time so nothing happened, but we really hit it off. A few months later and I was single, the guitarist organised a Halloween party and we both had an invite, haven't looked back since. :)

I hear AC/DC are looking for a Triangle player...

• Like 1

After breaking up with my girlfriend of 7 years who I met on the Internet, I've started using dating apps and I seem to get matched with robots trying to redirect me to sites all the time.

My other problem is trying to find girls without kids haha, me an my exe broke up because I didn't want kids but avoiding them seems to be impossible

try the free sites instead. i've found more fake profiles on paid for sites than i have on free sites. wasn't impressed with the paid sites anyway.

i like pof because the user base is huge, and if you pay for the upgrade it's still cheaper than a paid site and you get all features. paid sites tend to charge extra for the advanced features!

i also like OKCupid for the questions section, you can learn a lot about a potential match from those and i find there tends to be more properly filled in profiles on OKC than pof. pof has a lot of "ask me" profiles, which are my pet peeve :)

I've only been using the apps on my phone at thr moment tinder and badoo which as you say you have to pay extra for features. But I think I may try a proper site as you have suggested

I hear AC/DC are looking for a Triangle player...

I'm there! Haha

After breaking up with my girlfriend of 7 years who I met on the Internet, I've started using dating apps and I seem to get matched with robots trying to redirect me to sites all the time.

My other problem is trying to find girls without kids haha, me an my exe broke up because I didn't want kids but avoiding them seems to be impossible

try the free sites instead. i've found more fake profiles on paid for sites than i have on free sites. wasn't impressed with the paid sites anyway.

i like pof because the user base is huge, and if you pay for the upgrade it's still cheaper than a paid site and you get all features. paid sites tend to charge extra for the advanced features!

i also like OKCupid for the questions section, you can learn a lot about a potential match from those and i find there tends to be more properly filled in profiles on OKC than pof. pof has a lot of "ask me" profiles, which are my pet peeve :)

I've only been using the apps on my phone at thr moment tinder and badoo which as you say you have to pay extra for features. But I think I may try a proper site as you have suggested

ahh, i thought you meant the likes of match.com or other pay for sites. no experience with tinder or baboo but both pof and okc have apps. they are free to use and message and charge for extras like seeing if a message was read. match.com on the other hand is pay to message then pay even more to get read indicators!

You need to date a teacher, they definitely don't want kids as they have 30 of them to deal with every day as it is! :lol:

You have a good point there but they would have to teach in a secondary school because the teachers and pupils hate each other equally. But primary school teachers probably still like children lol

ahh, i thought you meant the likes of match.com or other pay for sites. no experience with tinder or baboo but both pof and okc have apps. they are free to use and message and charge for extras like seeing if a message was read. match.com on the other hand is pay to message then pay even more to get read indicators!

That sounds expensive lol might be cheaper to get hookers haha

You need to date a teacher, they definitely don't want kids as they have 30 of them to deal with every day as it is! :lol:

You're looking more and more suspect with every post.

Groomed a minor to be a teacher so you have unlimited access to minors. Got to respect you for the long game I guess.

• Like 3

That sounds expensive lol might be cheaper to get hookers haha

there is a good site for that too ;)

but yeah, i was not impressed with the pay for sites, so after my first month i cancelled and subbed up with pof instead for the bonus features. not that you need them mind, but i do like to see if a message was read or deleted.

if you're gonna start somewhere start on pof. not the best of sites but by far the strongest user base

You're looking more and more suspect with every post.

Groomed a minor to be a teacher so you have unlimited access to minors. Got to respect you for the long game I guess.

Coffee, keyboard :lol:

Ah man, that was a good one, I'll give you that :D

This is the funniest thing I've read in ages and really cheered up my lunchtime. I think I read somewhere that over a third of relationships now start online. It's not surprising really and I do think it's a good thing as like mentioned earlier you can get to know someone and the things you have in common before you even meet them! On the downside it does make it really easy for the cheaters to hook up with other people - even while you're sat on the other end of the sofa from them!

• Like 1

I bet her dad loved you!!

• Like 2

I met one of these online in 2013. Probably one of the most bizarre experiences of my life. Very pretty but an utter nut job! She came back at the end of 2014 wanting me back after two more failed relationships! They say that the internet is now a wash with these type of people, no wonder her second husband tried to strangle her!

http://shrink4men.co...-a-crazy-bitch/

Edited by Beavis
  • Like 1

Two of my mates met people on matched.com and are now married.

When I met with my wife I was chasing after three girls at the same time, she was the only one out of the lot who had no interest in the Z, and thought it was a pointless waste of money.....That was enough to make me realise she was the 'one'.

Now I've just convinced her to use some of 'our' savings to buy a car nearly three times the cost of the Z, so happy days :D

Me and my wife of 10 years met when we were both 16 at our first day of college ...... She showed me her boobs and that was that .... 17 years later here we still are and i still like her boobs . Im a simple man :)

Your wife is 10 years?!?!?!

I've got the same story, met in college when we were 16, been together ever since, first girlfriend, her first boyfriend :)

Met my OH whilst I was at Uni in Bristol. We were both living in St. Paul's, pretty rough part of Bristol so we tended to go out in groups for safety. He won me over with his wit and boyish charms, plus I think I'd had quite a bit to drink on the night in question lol. 3 mths later we got engaged, I was only 19. Didnt really want a big wedding so finally decided to tie the knot in Las Vegas whilst travelling around America. Think the wedding cost about $30, if you don't include the holiday :)

Not sure I'd fancy trying to date through a website these days, lots of weirdos out there.... ;) Also, knowing me I'd get Tinder & Grinder mixed up!