making servicing easier - diy 'hydraulic lifts'

ricochet

Ive had a look at this Keysers suggestion is best option really, anything else wont get you enough height for the price so you might aswell get 2 decent trolley jacks

this was the other option I was looking at

http://www.ebay.co.u...=item4aeb32b2e7

I posted that a little tongue in cheek, they are the ones I'm going for in the garage the one you linked to has the problem that you cant get a gearbox out easily as they are solid in the middle though.

I have looked at a lot and there are pros and cons to them all.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

What do you want to do with it?

I have a scissor lift, you need ramps on either side, or recess it into the floor to drive low cars over it.

It obviously has its limitations, but its still so much nicer/quicker than lifting a car with a jack and axle stands. Lifts the car over a metre off the ground quickly and easily. A nice height to sit on a stool to work on breaks/suspension, also good for body work, engine pulls etc. Exhaust/brake/fuel lines/gearbox are fiddly above the lift, but you can just lift the car up, then lower it onto tall axle stands, or wheels stands, then lie the lift flat.

Whilst it is "portable" you will not be zooming it about the place!

I would like a flush mount twin scissor lift like Keyser listed, but money and roof height are slight inconveniences at the moment.

My brother recently moved into his first home - his garage is pretty epic!

IMG_20151003_135528.jpg

Makes life so much easier than dicking around with jacks and axle stands. I find the Z to be particularly hard to get up on jacks for some reason, mine is on aftermarket springs but wouldnt say it was low compared to others.

• Like 1

My brother recently moved into his first home - his garage is pretty epic!

IMG_20151003_135528.jpg

Makes life so much easier than dicking around with jacks and axle stands. I find the Z to be particularly hard to get up on jacks for some reason, mine is on aftermarket springs but wouldnt say it was low compared to others.

May have to put a good word in for me...could make installing coilovers a whole lot easier 😉

Yeah, he is fairly chuffed although he had to sell his skyline to buy the place!

Can do Jeff. It does have one slightly annoying feature which may hinder access out of the garage once the car is lowered but we will need to figure out a way around it at some point anyway so maybe you can be be the guinea pig!

• 3 months later...

http://www.cjautos.org.uk

bought and collected CR01 ramps +lead ons + lge axle stands £415.

CR06X aer bigger ,heavier and dearer and prob better if you don't have to move them................ not in stock but can be ordered at the low price only on this

'VAT FREE Week End'

Mission St Heywood Bury OL1 0 1HY