newbie here

Hello everyone I don't own a 350z yet but I have always wanted one and I'm looking into my options and where I can go with the car.

I currently have a skyline r32 and rx8 but thinking about getting rid of both and just having a 350.

I have set up my r32 for drift so I'm wondering if people can help with some info on the car.

For example how much are two ways coils and best way to add bhp to the cars

Thanks to all

Welcome aboard. :welcome:

Not necessarily easy or cheap to get big power from the Zeds but you can easily & cheaply enough get a bit more power with some of the following mods:

Obviously there is a lot more than that which you can do to these cars for more power but the costs do start to go up dramatically. As standard there is enough power/torque to get your drift on anyway. ;)

• Like 1

there are 3 versions of the engine, DE, revup (not to be confused with uprev) and HR.

The DE is the original, they then gave it some tweekings in 2006 to get a bit more peak power at the expense of less torque outside of the main power band. in 2007 they reworked the engine to get more power again and go back to the flat torque curve the original DE had as it's trademark. the reline also went up with each revision.

there are other changes like rays becoming standard in later years and some cosmetic changes but i guess it's more the engine and the tax change that you'll be looking at.

the DE and the revup engines are much cheaper to mod. the DE has poor air flow in the plenum, it gets thinner towards the front of the engine which gives an imbalance to the amount of air the front cylinders get. that's a nice cheap mod though. induction in general is cheaper to mod on DR vs HR as the HR has twin air intake and throttle bodies. there is also a lot more options for DE engines as they have been about longer and the modding market is a lot more mature for the larger number of DE cars sold vs HR cars.

so maybe give some thought to what you want to do with the zed over the next few years and look into what modding it will cost.

• 2 weeks later...

Well what I want to do is use it as a daily but also drift so my first thoughts where wheels coils and 2 way. Only thing is finding a car with good miles for the price I have tried to set myself.

I have looked on auto trader and piston heads but not found any yet at the rite time. Is there anywhere to look ppl know are good?

Mine has 100 k and there are some bits to sort out. Nothing I haven't had on other old cars though. The engine was designed to do 200k so Nissan have done their best to make a solid car.

The clutch will probably need replacing at that age if it hasn't already been done. Also check oil pressure is high on the guage. For some it idles at 30 psi but I think minimum is about 15.

What area are you based in? Can be good to take the one you buy to an expert for a service and once over.