That should shut Buster up!!!

Keyser

Whinge, whinge whinge!!!!

For weeks if not months now he keeps on and on about bloody wing vents - looking at replacement wings on flea bay, sending me links and every car show or meet we go to he drags me round to see all the different variants. But will he settle on a look? O no just keeps on looking and umming and rrring it's doing my head in :wacko:

Well enough is enough so tonight when he started on about it again I snapped :scare:

While he was busy surfing the web for yet more ideas I just assaulted his Zed with my angle grinder :evil:

S1051167_zpsfpnclrse.jpg

That should shut him up !!!!!!

I suppose now I have calmed down I should add

:surrender:

:sorry:

It will polish out, maybe :blush:

:

• Like 6

stage 1 underway ..........and yes they will be functional ....long way to go yet but hopefully by the end of play Saturday I ll either be in tears or beaming from ear to ear.

was frightening at first but i leave this sort of stuff to steady hands Keyser :wacko: what can go wrong :lol:

• Like 1

t i leave this sort of stuff to steady hands Keyser :wacko: what can go wrong :lol:

My first thought would be - A Lot :lol:

....... what can go wrong :lol:

Lack of planning permission ? ;)

There is a name for people like you :rant:

But thanks for that little reminder!!!!!!!

• Like 1

You just know that at some point Bob will actually be happy with all the mods and actually stop (i'm sure hell is due to freeze over sometime soon)

Of course this will be the day before he goes and buys a 370 !!

Good luck with this phase of "improvements"!!!

Edited by davedutch

I wanna see how this ends up. Always been interested in these. Do you have to have much skill with angle grinder? Want bonnet vents in my hood too :D

Well I can do it so ......................

You do need a steady hand, be very careful of the sparks (or hot metal fillings the bonnet is ali) they will mark the paint and burn the into the windscreen so make sure it is well covered!!!!

After that you just need to practice on something - I use Buster's Zed :lol:

Other things to be aware of - go slowly and stop often, you will generate a lot of heat so even with a clean edge you can get paint burn outside the area that will be covered!

Grinders can "kick" it's when you tilt the disk and the sides wedge against the cut and it throws the grinder out this will leave a nasty gash if you are not careful, experience and practice will teach you when and where to be more careful of that.

So get an old sheet of metal and practice first other than that just remember to cover and bare metal with something after you have cut or the rust monster will be in like a shot!!!!

Good luck :):thumbs:

Edited by Keyser
  • Like 1

Yeah saw that post, bloody awesome. I'm thinking of getting some focus RS bonnet vents as they're quite a nice design. Think that will come in very handy. Thank you Sir Keyser :)

Call me when you get vents...I will be quite happy to practice my angle grinder skills on your car :lol: :lol:

• Like 1

Yeah saw that post, bloody awesome. I'm thinking of getting some focus RS bonnet vents as they're quite a nice design. Think that will come in very handy. Thank you Sir Keyser :)

Call me when you get vents...I will be quite happy to practice my angle grinder skills on your car :lol: :lol:

Such a helpful chap isn't he :lol: