Tax difference??

Far2lively

You can't complain about the issue if you don't do anything to solve it.

Foreign cars are supposed to be registered after 12 months but I know of one Polish car that's been parked on the road for 3 or 4 years

That's what I wrote, where is the complaint?

Pete

Pete

As usual with internet based stuff, I have seen pages suggesting its more, but lets say is the same, thats per passenger and if you took a return flight to New York, thats around a years average motoring in one sitting into the upper atmosphere + your std years motoring.

The car industry is being forced to meet emissions targets, but airline industries are unregulated, if co2 is an issue as suggested in the world, surely this is an area that needs focus, rather than just ever increasing motoring taxes?

I have to disagree with what seems to be the majority opinion on here that the higher tax cost is an insignificance (unless perhaps you`re fortunate enough to be dead rich). Paying monthly it now costs me £12 more each month than what the wife pays for the year for her car. Together with the fact that I seem to need to put a tenner's worth of fuel in each time just to nip to the local shops a couple of times a week makes it rather expensive for what is effectively a driveway ornament for the majority of the time. If I didn`t love driving it so much when I do take it out I`d definitely be looking for something more reasonable to run.

Is there a ChildLine equivalent for abused & unloved 370's????? :(

Incidentally, I have 3 cars to tax, collectively OH and I do a lot of miles, all 3 cars have low mpg and high fuel prices.....I daren't even work out what we spend (probably single-handily supporting the Government). I just pay it and get on with it, like council tax!

Edited by Kraziekatz1

As usual with internet based stuff, I have seen pages suggesting its more, but lets say is the same, thats per passenger and if you took a return flight to New York, thats around a years average motoring in one sitting into the upper atmosphere + your std years motoring.

The car industry is being forced to meet emissions targets, but airline industries are unregulated, if co2 is an issue as suggested in the world, surely this is an area that needs focus, rather than just ever increasing motoring taxes?

Airlines will look after their own emissions, they are major companies and therefore have green targets to hit, plus the better their emissions, the less fuel they use and therefore the more money they make. They didn't create the A380 for nothing, twice the passengers, without using twice the fuel. :)

Airlines will look after their own emissions, they are major companies and therefore have green targets to hit, plus the better their emissions, the less fuel they use and therefore the more money they make. They didn't create the A380 for nothing, twice the passengers, without using twice the fuel. :)

Slightly off topic but I have no idea how airlines make any money. $400 million for a standard spec A380 :wacko:

Edited by 370Ad

First time I have ever done it but put mine on SORN this month as couldn't justify the £505 when I know I would probably only use my Zed a few times between now and March/April time, figured taxing it for 6 months each year and keeping it off-road for the other 6 and saving the £250ish for other things was a good option! I have enough room to move it about a bit and run it every week so hopefully no major issues when it's back on the road in a few months!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

yeah like most things its not to bad if you squirrel money away every month. multiple accounts is the way to do it, that way you have the money ready when all those big yearly expenses come round, like car tax, insurance, MOT, tyres... and other general stuff like TV Licence, Half yearly service charge, etc etc.

Still doesn't alleviate the sting of having to pay ~£500 for the privilege of driving your car when Maureen down the street gets it for free even though she does twice as many miles, but that's a different topic...

Slightly off topic but I have no idea how airlines make any money. $400 million for a standard spec A380 :wacko:

They dont, generally. 3 of the biggest freight/maintenance companies started as tax write offs for shipping firms, and the rest just go bust sooner or later. Trust me, I know the hard way. :surrender: