What Company Car to get on Lease,

flyboy

I may change job roles slightly and there is a company car on offer amongst other perks,

I have £500 ish a month inc maintenance to spend

Rules are

4 seats

4 doors preferred

20k miles a year

4 year lease

min initial hire (3 months)

What should I get?

VW are giving away some cars again...

http://www.hotukdeals.com/deals/vw-scirocco-r-280bhp-heated-leather-seats-nav-19-alloys-bluetooth-phone-prep-parking-2268198

The BMW 340i on lease at 20k will be just about £500/m.

As suggested why not take the cash for your self. £500/m = £9k extra of gross annual income. Personally I would much rather have that in my pocket than be on a company car scheme.

Edited by gangzoom

A mate of mine got a Land Rover Defender Td5, but a commercial variant, basically has plastic panels which are screwed in over the rear windows, door card off and they are gone and he pays realtively nothing tax wise because its classed as commercial.

VW are giving away some cars again...

http://www.hotukdeal...parking-2268198

The BMW 340i on lease at 20k will be just about £500/m.

As suggested why not take the cash for your self. £500/m = £9k extra of gross annual income. Personally I would much rather have that in my pocket than be on a company car scheme.

Unfortunately he's already said that isn't an option.

First of all see if you can get a car allowance rather than a company car as tax is a lot better

Depends on what you want - I Got a Honda Civic £229 pcm 3 yr deal on 15K - not exciting but that's why I also have a Zed. 60+ to the gallon, nippy when it needs to be and because on car allowance I get to keep the difference in my pocket

I'm in the same boat currently, but am being given a car allowance. I'm probably going to get shot here, but think currently my money is on a Kia Pro C'eed 1.6 Diesel SE Tech. Has got all the gadgets of cars costing 30k+, but costs 22 ish, returns somewhere around 70MPG and has the same BHP as the equivalent engines from Renault or Citroen.

Not the sexiest idea, but the most practical one ive found for me anyway.

Its not about the tax. Its not about the tax

Honest its not about the tax !!!!!

Forget about the tax.

Also i'm not being offered £500 a month extra in salary to spend on a car

I'm being offered a car, on lease, of my choice with a £500 ceiling

It will be the first four seat car i have had for 10 years and the first that's not an out and out impractical boys toy

So it needs to be cool and fun and quick and not a rep mobile.

I Like the masarati but cant find one under £500 a month.

Infinity is a possability

F type is too much also

What else am I missing?

Edited by flyboy

Also i'm not being offered £500 a month extra in salary to spend on a car

I'm being offered a car, on lease, of my choice with a £500 ceiling

It it's a job move and they want you, cannot you negotiate a little??

Yes there are lots of cars for £500/month lease, but if its just about getting from A to B than it seems like a waste of your potential income??

The 'best' deals on lease cars will be the likes of diesel BMW/Audi/Mercs, all will be nothing more than a 'rep mobile', because thats what the vast majority in the Leasing market want. You could have a look at the Lexus IS300H for something non-german, Infiniti don't do any large volumes so I'll be surprised if you can find a good lease deal on one. Or if your feeling really brave something like a Kia Optima :surrender:

Edited by gangzoom