Which octane boost to go with 95 Ron fuel?

gstraw

Hey

I'm

Doing a trip to the highlands and there is no high octane fuel past Inverness. Which octan boost do people recommend to use with supermarket fuel to stop the engine from blowing up? It will be sprinted driving

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

the standard 370 should be fine on 95, unlike the 350s.

However if you have had the uprev/ remap that may no longer be the case. I had a map done specifically for 95 just in case i needed it on one of the roadtrips but 95 should not be used with the other maps

When I did a road trip north of Fort William and Inverness, I emailed Gleaner filling stations looking for Super in the highlands. They kindly replied with the following (which is now about 2 yr old info, you've been warned!)

"In response to your email below I can confirm the following Gleaner Branded Filling Stations sell Super Unleaded:

Fort William to Mallaig

Onich Service, Onich, PH33 6RZ & Ben Nevis Services Fort William PH33 6TF

Armadale to Kyle of Lochalsh

Kyle Filling Station, Kyle of Lochalsh, IV40 8AG

Applecross to Ullapool

Lochbroom Filling Station, Ullapool, IV26 2SX

Ullapool Durness to Thurso

Bridgend Filling Station, Thurso, KW14 8PP

Thurso to Inverness

Skiach Services & Restaurant Evanton IV16 9XH

Hope the above information is of help and you have a pleasant trip in the Highlands"

Clearly it may not always be in stock, I accept no responsibility for anyone running out of fuel, or not taking octane booster with them!

• Like 1

I'm not using octane booster to get more power. I'm.getting it because it may be essential if I cont get super unleaded fuel

Sent from my KFTHWI using Tapatalk

I understand that but given the reults all show a decrease in power is there any proof that they actually do increase octane levels? As has already been said there's plenty of 97 in Scotland too :)