DVLA cancelled sons driving test

ioneabee

arbitarily cancelled and they re-appointed it for him on 16th October

it was due for next wednesday 26th Aug

have we any comeback on this - he goes back to Uni in September and had all sorts of plans

its cost me wasted driving lessons this week and additionally my time, because we'll have to re-do all this when he gets back at christmas

have we got any recourse ?

My first test was cancelled as I was on my way to the test centre. Just one of those things, could be the examiner has broken a leg and can't get to work, or any other number of things.

Look at it this way, it's more practice time.

Ah that doesn't sound so good.

Some things in life are bad

They can really make you mad

Other things just make you swear and curse.

When you're chewing on life's gristle

Don't grumble, give a whistle

And this'll help things turn out for the best...

• Like 2

My first test was cancelled as I was on my way to the test centre. Just one of those things, could be the examiner has broken a leg and can't get to work, or any other number of things.

My daughters test was cancelled after she'd been sitting in the test centre waiting room for 15 minutes. She was first test of the day and the examiner was late phoning in sick.

Pete

Just keep phoning up looking for cancellations. They're bound to happen.

When i booked my test, there was a 3-month lead time until test day. Then when test day came around we had a huge snowstorm, so it was cancelled and i had a further 3 months delay! From booking on 31st October 2003, my test wasnt until 8th April 2004.

Passed first time though. B)

The examiner just could`nt face being in the car with yer... :lol: :lol: :lol:

have we any comeback on this - he goes back to Uni in September and had all sorts of plans

its cost me wasted driving lessons this week and additionally my time, because we'll have to re-do all this when he gets back at christmas

No, life lesson that he'll never learn at Uni.

Life's a bitch, I'm sure you'll both cope. Look for a cancellation.

• Like 1

FIVE tests ??????

remind me not to ask for a pax ride with you :p

No, life lesson that he'll never learn at Uni.

Life's a bitch, I'm sure you'll both cope. Look for a cancellation.

contacted dvlc - thats basically what we had off them :wacko: - I'm checking their website on a regular basis as she said cancellations get put up immediately ......... just got to be very lucky to hit one at the right time................... otherwise he's re-booked for just before christmas now

yep - just carrying on with daily spins out and manouvers........... although he did say whats the point :wacko:

trouble is - he goes back to Uni at the end of september and won't drive until he returns at the beginning of december :dry: