Colour of car different to DVLA check and hpi?!?!

Ash87

Ok, so I've left a deposit on a Gun Metal grey car or whatever the official Nissan name is for that colour.

When I have done both the reports return colour: Silver

So I took the reg of a random gun metal grey zed off eBay and searched that reg. it came up as colour Grey.

This has confused me? Does anyone have any ideas?

Could this person have put the Reg off a silver car onto a grey car?

He has the log book and fsh etc, just find this really strange. Has anyone else got a grey one which says "silver" on the logbook or dvla vehicle checks or hpi reports?

I guess I'll have to check the chassis number against the one that's linked to the reg on the car.

ive had an old astra befor that its offical vauxhal colour was 'champagne'. to me it looked silver. maybe even wth a tint of green. it was metalic.

log book said grey.

to me grey is grey. grey with metalic paint is silver.

it hadnt had a colour change. but grey and silver (and champagne in this case!) are similar colours. i wouldnt worry. personally.

grey on the log book, and your looking at a red car - i would worry.

• Like 1

Yea I know what you mean. I did a mileage check too and the mileage on the system (that is linked to the reg on the car) is the same mileage as shown on the clocks in the actual car.

Well it's actually 2k more on the car than the report, but the mileage was last recorded 3mo the ago, so that seems legit.

It's a "53" plate Gun Metal Grey - the search returned Silver

The random EBay grey one was an "04" plate Gun Metal Grey - the search returned Grey

I then did a search on another random grey one "53" plate, it came back as silver.

So it seems pre-04 are silver on the V5 and post 04 are grey.

I THINK that my panic is over. 1 week to go until I get my grey/silver (probably a cut 'N shuv) Zed. Can't wait!!!!!!

Its been discussed before somewhere, some gm owners are down as grey, some silver, my gm is down as silver, nothing to worry about.

This has definitely alleviated some of my concern, if not all of it to be honest.

All the reports are fine etc and I guess dark silver (gm) and light silver (silver) are similar colours anyway, so not too strange that a gm car would be listed as silver on the V5.

I guess it's a type of silver....

Its been discussed before somewhere, some gm owners are down as grey, some silver, my gm is down as silver, nothing to worry about.

!!

+1

'04 GM owner with a Silver logbook

This is what I wanted to hear!!! Thanks guys!

The colour in the logbook is subject to the opinion of the guy who first registers it at the Nissan dealership, this is why there is a bit of variation, especially with silver/grey cars. After all, gun metal is simply a dark silver :shrug:

• Like 1

The colour in the logbook is subject to the opinion of the guy who first registers it at the Nissan dealership, this is why there is a bit of variation, especially with silver/grey cars. After all, gun metal is simply a dark silver :shrug:

How dare you! Everyone knows silver is simply a vegetarian GM :lol:

• Like 2

I understand that for Gun Metal colour: -

WV2 is Gun Metal Grey UK

Siverstone USA

There is a good Nissan 350Z paint chart, on Google, which shows colours, UK and Us paint codes togethr with a bar chart showing years of manufacture.

Edited by Ridz