Greetings!

Hello everyone! 350Z noob here, please be gentle!

I've been snooping around for a while, and just taken ownership of a 2007 313 in what I think is pretty good nick, unmodified, 60K on the clock. Very happy chap!

But reading around a little more on the forums, I've got a nagging suspicion that my BHP could be down a fair bit - although I've read that ECU adapts to your driving style, so maybe I just need to push it to the limiter a little?

For example - a fairly lame attempt at 0-60 (without huge revs/dumping the clutch) came in about 7 seconds (2nd gear), and the traction warning light did not come on at all. I believe the car limits the throttle at low speed - but does that sound normal? I don't get any clutch smell, and there are no strange sounds coming from the rear axle. I think the handbrake is OK.

Aside from a rolling road, what can I do to check if I'm down on power? Someone mentioned timing 30 to 70mph in 3rd - does anyone have times for that?

Any tips much appreciated - it's nice to be part of the family!

Cheers

-Mat

post-26517-0-18975200-1439405148_thumb.jpg

Welcome aboard Mat. :welcome:

Really the only way you're going to be certain what power the cars putting out is by getting it on a rolling road.

First things first though imo ~ check the service schedule here: http://www.350z-uk.com/topic/31110-service-schedule-for-a-350z/ ) ..to ascertain whether everything's been kept up to date on the servicing side of things. It could be that your Zeds in need of some new fluids, spark plugs etc.

All of which may help improve the car if only slightly making it run better. :thumbs:

Thank you for the greets! (and tips) I'll get used to the car for a while, then when the wife has started thinking about other things, I'll get it down to TDI North in Warrington...

Cheers

-Mat