Two Britons killed on the Grossglockner Pass, Austria

Bockaaarck

I just hope they went quickly and didn't suffer.

From the look of the damage to that car I'd have thought it was quick.

I'd have never have guessed what car that was without the pictures Matt posted of it in its undamaged state. :scare:

Edited by GMballistic

RIP.

They were out there living the dream.

They were probably enjoying themselves a bit too much, but now they are dead.

But they died doing what they obviously loved. When I die, I want to die doing what I love, not at my desk...........

But they died doing what they obviously loved. When I die, I want to die doing what I love, not at my desk...........

When I die I want to be really f**king old, in bed and dreaming of all the things I love that I've already done in my long life.

• Like 4

When I die I want to be really f**king old, in bed and dreaming of all the things I love that I've already done in my long life.

Yeah ideal thought there sadly don't happen to often

i bet falling 400m probably took a good few seconds?

Apparently one of the reports said they traveled 60m in the air, they must have a bit of time to think.

ahh ok, reading mixed messages.. even so - they would have seen it coming. horrible.

I read the Leon page, horrible to think one minute you are there posting excitedly about your pride and joy then the next...

Reminds me of a thread on the 300zx site, a lady battling cancer literally posted up about her car and attended meets until just weeks before the end, even then quite matter of fact saying she only had weeks to go and sold her car to a fellow member, then someone just posted onto her build thread she had passed on, I was in tears.

I read the Leon page, horrible to think one minute you are there posting excitedly about your pride and joy then the next...

Reminds me of a thread on the 300zx site, a lady battling cancer literally posted up about her car and attended meets until just weeks before the end, even then quite matter of fact saying she only had weeks to go and sold her car to a fellow member, then someone just posted onto her build thread she had passed on, I was in tears.

I've lost both parents to cancer early. My friends sister is in Myton hospice she's 32

Life is as brutal as it is awesome peeps just make the most of it

When things like this happen, not that I 'plan' to find myself in the same kind of circumstances (but you never know). It reminds me even more to really savour every moment that I have on this earth.

I don't necessarily just mean in a desperately "YOLO" kind of way, like going to Japan earlier this year. I also mean the simple things, like yesterday, when I was in the lounge watching the sun reflect of the rain as it poured down. It was beautiful watching it cascade down.

Fingers crossed I (as will you all) will have a long, relatively healthy and comfortable life. While I have the chance, I'm more determined to try and do or see as many things as I'm interested in as I can.

If you're wondering whether you should go and see your relatives in Oz. Or whether you should get to the gym and get training. Or even if you think you should change jobs, get a dog or move to a different part of the country or world, I would say this.

Life's too bloody short, which I am becoming more conscious of day by day, get on with it and do something that makes you happy :)

• Like 3

Just read all the ph posts, obviously there are some bellend comments but also some intelligent responses. There is a link to a video the driver had already posted previously, i didnt want to watch so only echoing the comments, but it does seem the driver was "exuberant" to say the least and comments from in car such as, "this is a very angry car" and how flying off the edge would result in 100% death......

Rip in fellas, it probably could happen to any one of us if luck wasnt on our side.

Yes there were a few vids on that PH thread, I watched the one of some bikers going around, that corner is a shocker where its uphill into the sun and blind crest sharp left past the monument style building - imagine they were through the barrier before they knew they had even left the road. People who looked at their in car footage showed them driving dangerously fast for the roads by all accounts.

i bet falling 400m probably took a good few seconds?

Apparently one of the reports said they traveled 60m in the air, they must have a bit of time to think.

By my quick reckoning:

3.5 seconds to fall 60m

9 seconds to fall 400m

either way, doesn't bear thinking about.

I read all of that build thread too as well as the Pistonheads discussion.

Very saddening to read some of the comments left on Pistonheads though as some people showing their lack of empathy for what was ultimately two lives taken far too soon.