Jump to content

GIXXERUK

Ex Team Member
  • Posts

    9,450
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by GIXXERUK

  1. +1 agree when I read up on this the cosworth came out best but all the tests were with the old hks filter, the new super hybrid gets much better reviews performance wise there is no difference really I have certainly read a lot of problems with the k&n oiled filters on the porsche forums, user error ?? to me it wasn't worth the hassle
  2. GIXXERUK

    Soooo Loud!

    Holy crap
  3. I used a blade to score the dip, the rear is easier, I took the fog light out to do it I'm convinced it's the heat coming through the grill tthat softens the dip and makes it lift, both times it looked perfect for a couple of days Mine's a bit dodgy round the top part of the teeth where they go into a point. I ran a blade around the edges of the painted area as soon as I finished spraying, hoping that dip wouldn't lift when I pulled the masking tape off. Rear valance at the weekend and maybe badges... Quote within a quote .... iPhone !
  4. +1 spoke to tdi north who remap and they said they give good results, they are dry and not oiled so no maf problems and are washable ... Oh and they're green
  5. Nobody is claiming it is better than any of those cars listed. Nor do we question the value. In my opinion I just don't need to be reminded how the z doesn't stack up to these cars on a regular basis... I never said it did in the first place. Just tired of hearing the negative on a z enthusiast forum! same here, I have never said the zed is better than anything, yes those cars are in the same price bracket and the c4s will out handle my 370, speed wise they are very similar to me but the zed is a much nicer place to be and they dont come with the "porsche paranoia" ims, rms, etc I am well versed in most cars capabilities and I am aware of the compromises that have been made in the production of the zed, it was built to a smaller budget ! I was on the porsche forum for 4 yrs and I never heard anyone being negative about the marque
  6. 4th year service, 17k miles and a knackered cat and rear shock !! that isn't good
  7. +1 upgrade it's often either cheaper or better quality at a similar price
  8. Having trouble finding the correct threaded Buddy Club knob so I decided to make a slightly more permanent knob out of nylon. Made it bigger than the wooden one and a bit shorter. Really like it actually. Got more weight to it and still gives good leverage....could be a keeper. Hard to see from the photo but there are 3 shallow grooves at the top and 2 larger ones at the bottom. Also dipped my fangs last night: I dipped my fangs and rear valance, I found that the lower corners near the grill started to lift/bubble, so I tried again this time prepping it better but got the same result and had to remove it, let me know how it goes
  9. Pure filth Pure filth battery cover needs a wipe that is awesome
  10. +1 I realise a lot of the time the porsche, jag comments are tongue in cheek but it does get a bit boring. You don't expect to join a forum to get you're car slagged at every opportunity Not just me then? And there I was thinking I am just being miserable!! not just you but I didn't say I'm not miserable
  11. +1 I realise a lot of the time the porsche, jag comments are tongue in cheek but it does get a bit boring. You don't expect to join a forum to get you're car slagged at every opportunity
  12. +1 iirc the crankshaft pulley is on a keyway and shouldn't be able to vary position !
  13. Agree with that, the attitude given off from the ad doesn't suggest a well cared for car tbh
  14. Is it just the nose that has had a repair ? To fit the pulley ? Would still need to be bang on centre otherwise the pulley will wobble like a fat bird on the waltzers If that's the case and the pulley is running true and the weld is good , what is the issue ?
  15. Think I read this wrong, I thought the crank had a repair inside the engine, couldn't understand how he had seen that,
  16. i can't remember the size on the 350 but the 370 is 19" and 21"
  17. off topic but ...great looking car
  18. I haven't used them but I've read good reviews on the Bosch aero twin wipers
  19. Did you need a camber and toe kit ? is the ride quality much different ? why did you go for ark ? Looks
  20. Ive heard of, and probably done a lot of dodgy things myself in my time, but ive never heard of anyone cutting a crank up then rewelding it. Thats pretty mental. I dont think its actually possible, having come from CA engines which @*!# their big ends every 20 minutes I know that even a light score can cause issues, a total reweld is never going to be balanced again. I can see that perhaps the very front part where the pulley attaches might have been grafted on, but like I say, if its not thrown a shell within 5 seconds of starting its probably not so much of a bodge job as you think I'd be amazed if you could weld and retain balance, if you could the cost would outweigh a new crank ? I would expect it take shake the engine to pieces I think it warrants further investigation, is it possible he has got it wrong ? Crap news mate
  21. From that angle the shape reminds of an original lotus Europa I would guess hybrid ??
×
×
  • Create New...