Jump to content

Chris`I

Ex Team Member
  • Posts

    24,812
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Chris`I

  1. Just imagine a Veyron with a custom map
  2. Just need someone to donate a 370z to him to do the same to that
  3. However stupid, I'd be interested to see how they manage it
  4. Seen parts of it at various car shows and it looks awesome
  5. +1 - I love seeing this stuff as I dont have the balls to do it to my own
  6. VR38DETT is based on the long running VQ, so its a lot closer than you think. True it has a lot of differences, but the block is just a 3.7l block vs 4.0l block, but very closely related in layout. So it does sound about the same. Obviously at full tilt they will sound pretty different due to the turbos.
  7. Corrected that for you To me its not even a choice, you have to get it done to give the car the voice it deserves. I know a lot of people think it will make it chavvy and loud, but stock its just so quiet. It just makes it a nice level, quiet when cruising and around town at low revs and a nice bit of bark when giving it beans
  8. Ah I kind of assumed they were pretty much the same price, but looking at them on autotrader, they are sub-20k. Depends if you want to save a few quid and get one a few years old or get a nearly new 370z which would cost a bit more. I think if it were me I'd be having a drive in both and see which way it sways you.
  9. Fuel prices will never drop
  10. Must admit I've not kept my eye on the Z4M's. When was the last year they were made? Maybe I'd swing for a second hand Z4M then if they are cheaper than a 370z if you're looking for a second hand car and dont mind it being older.
  11. What he said
  12. We loved him really...... no really we did I remember Phil stopped answering the phone to him
  13. Yeah I know he was talking about the 350z, I was just pointing out the 370z can easily be made to keep up, and probably cheaper than a Z4M would cost to buy
  14. 370z with uprev and exhaust/intake would give it a good go though. 370z - ~340HP and 1,466 kg (from wikipedia and the fact my car dyno'd at 308WHP which add transmission losses of ~30HP) Z4M - 343HP and 1,495 kg (from some random article on Google) Would make an interesting race
  15. I know which one I'd have and its in me garage atm
  16. Vid on pg21 sounds very very similar to my 370z - I guess with them being quite similar engines if you forget the turbos. The build looks awesome
  17. Obviously not busy enough to discount it entirely then! We're in testing atm so just waiting for defects largely and then releasing the fixes, so I have a bit of time to spare now and again. Up to pg14 from skim reading One thing I find funny atm is how much Nissan go on about their engines and gearboxes being put together in clean rooms yet Jurgen was just pulling his engine apart in his workshop by the looks of it. Not sure if thats fine or not - I assume it is!
  18. 51 pages - there goes my day at work
  19. No GT pack though. Can't believe people didn't spec it. Not all of them are built to order, some are built as demos, some just built to build a buffer. As such they do them in various configurations
  20. Ask Martin, I think he knows his real age, it might have a 9 in
  21. Yeah off-site it just needs to be under the 100x100px limit, no size limit in terms of Kb as its not our bandwidth so we dont care You be shocked to know how much bandwidth we chew through a month for a lowly internet owners club
  22. That car is We did see a other cars on the Megs stand that ironically needed a polish though
  23. Look forward to seeing the progress thread
  24. You doing quite a few track days now then Neil? You seem to be focusing on them big time now
  25. I'll let you try and escort him off the premises! I thought you had already decided to get one Jay? Lovely cars, they sound amazing. One pulled up at the lights when I was walking to work the other day, and I just had to stop and wait for it to pull off. I think it had some race exhaust or decats as it was uber loud and sounded amazing
×
×
  • Create New...