Jump to content

Chris`I

Ex Team Member
  • Posts

    24,812
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Chris`I

  1. Bit hard to stop a nuclear reactor though Chris, a lot easier with a turbine The turbine in Reading seems to be going most of the time and apparently powers most of the business park its on - or so I hear. No idea if thats true. But £500 of leccy a year sounds like sod all, thats about as much as a few houses use?
  2. Effectively they were the G35 released in Japan, and brought here as imports. And thats why they are rare, as they are an import and not a model present in the domestic Nissan range.
  3. Well you could argue the damage has already been done My boss suggested that they have a fook off big tube over the trainline so people cant distrub the service.
  4. One way linking is not beneficial to this site. The proposal was designed to allow links going both ways to facilitate joint meets and ventures, but thus far it seems only to be abused to get traffic flowing one way and not the other, and not for meets or joint ventures as it was intended. Someone cynical might even go so far to say its purely an exercise to get more traffic to the linked site
  5. Sure Mr AK can answer this properly The main fault in the proposal of wind power is as of yet (AFAIK) there is no way to store the engery now for use later. So if there isnt high enough demand for the energy they produce at the time, then its better to stop them and stop wear and tear on them I'd guess.
  6. Crikey Nismo's a big lad now! He was big enough at LakeZ, but he looks bigger now. Might employ his services if it snows down here again to tow the Alfa
  7. Well said Chris. The problems is that everyone WANTS everything, and that was far too easy to achieve using credit. When Amanda and I got our mortgage 4 or so years back, they were willing to lend us 110% value of the house. Our incumbant bank - HSBC - wouldnt even talk to us about anything less than their great 100% mortgage. They werent even intersted in lending us the 80% we wanted at a lower rate! So we took ourselves elsewhere. We saw quite a few friends at the time take big percentage mortgages and now they are struggling. Even with Key Fact documents outlining the pitfalls, people are just too greedy to think about "what if" scenarios
  8. The Zed is designed to have ever so slightly larger rear wheel (rolling radius) than the front. Not sure why, just the way it is. Must offer some benefit I guess otherwise why would they do it?
  9. Dont think floor mounted accelerators lend themselves to heel/toe very well. Much prefer the old 350z top mount with a Nismo pedal Wouldnt trade my auto in for anything though, unless I had a track only car, as the times the auto is nicer to drive outweigh the times when I fancy changing the gears myself. Horses for courses and all that.
  10. In which case, why not ask for all 4 to be done in say the Anniversary/GT Edition colour when you have signed on the line - I certainly have that in mind myself a little later on..... Would be easier for them to replace the wheels I've heard its a 3 step paint process, so not sure they will be buying into that one. Although you could get them done something like that colour as a single metallic paint.
  11. The problem is I dont think this is supported any more. New browsers tend to do stuff slightly differently which can then break it. I'll see if I can find any info about it and see if there is a fix. Super busy at work atm so might not be able to look at it for a while.
  12. From results thread: Good gains you got there buddy
  13. Very nice Jay. You know Stillen Gen 3 intakes and exhaust are the way to go
  14. Practice, practice, practice. Come up with a short (few miles at most) loop, and keep repeating it. As she knows the course, she knows what is ahead and can work more on the actual driving than constantly worrying where she is going. Once you get the loop nailed (ie consistently no problems negotiating it) then try varying it with new bits to build up the confidence. Let the instructor work on the manouvers, you just get her plenty of seat time
  15. Not really any different to driving an auto when you use SRM on the manual, it does it all for you. Heel/toe is officially a lost artform Not when you still own an old school 350z.... I do miss the feeling of nailing a good heel/toe into a corner
  16. Not really any different to driving an auto when you use SRM on the manual, it does it all for you. Heel/toe is officially a lost artform
  17. You have to be very quick to stop the flywheel being knackered when the clutch has gone. Most dont risk it and just order a flywheel anyway as if you get it all apart and dont have a flywheel, you will have to tear it all down again to change it later.
  18. And I thought I had quite a good pension
  19. This perhaps - http://www.jaguarforum.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=50&t=23623
  20. +1 or if it is an issue then you should be able to find the fix easily. If you cant then I'd walk away. Could get John to get you the parts from work If you can override it with the key then its likely to be some kind of solenoid that you are manally pushing out of the way, so its likely that is shot, but not knowing the car, how do you know its not the controller, ECU, etc? Really needs someone who knows about them to comment
  21. Oh good grief, I have to read this tonight, sounds like a barrel of laughs and could do with cheering up You mean you two dont own a FTSE 100 company like the rest of us?
  22. Welcome back Daryl and congrats on a great race Bet that was an amazing weekend, you are one lucky sod indeed - although I think everyone at RB deserves a weekend away at a race for the hard work and effort they put in
  23. Are they stupid enough that they need a Key Facts document to go with it?
×
×
  • Create New...