Jump to content

Chris`I

Ex Team Member
  • Posts

    24,812
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Chris`I

  1. Thinking about this logically, surely there must be some reference to some bit of legislation on the notice of the fine? Otherwise they could fine people for whatever BS they like. I would take it down the Police station and ask exactly what you are being fined against. I'd imagine it becomes null and voild if its not charged against a relevant piece of legislation?
  2. I used to do 350 miles a week @ 45p a mile, and I found that it will cover petrol plus servicing - although not sure if you are saying your 100 a week is covered or just any extra you do off site. You will still find you'll have to pay for other consumables out of your pocket (tax, tyres, brakes, etc) but to me it was well worth the price for what you get. If you're careful you'll see just north of 30MPG. My old SEAT Leon wasnt half as nice and only gave me about 5MPG more (Leon FR 1.8T). And actually cost more to service! Well worth it IMO.
  3. Did you have it mapped first without the MAF then fitted it? I assume its a bigger one, in which case it will send a map mental. Good to see more great work from Abbey sorting it out
  4. GTR?!! Id have snatched their hand off I think! Not worth it for the 0.5mile drive back to the office from their garage. Slough roads are @*!# for driving too, wouldnt have gotten out of 1st gear! Pile of paperwork to have it also looked rather large Ended up being chauffeur driven back in a Juke instead.
  5. When I left my 370z with WLMG in Slough they offered me a GTR for the day. Just had to leave a £3k deposit incase I didnt come back
  6. Its very difficult to race in a garage. (pause for breath) I believe he did once race a washing machine and a tumble dryer..... I heard he lost My grandad had been known to go around rounderbouts the wrong way. Mind you he was pretty with it and said it was only when he could clearly see there was no one coming. He kind of had a point We soon stopped him from driving after finding that out.
  7. Tony should also now show up as a trader. I've also copied over the Abbey m/s sig to Tony too, so you are both consistent
  8. +1 +2 - thats a hard lesson to learn
  9. Sounds like you have a good dealer on your hands which is the biggest part of the fight IMO. They will need to push NMGB for a replacement, but should have no problems if they take good photos and have a good business case. If NMGB do kick up a fuss, then mention you are a member here and its all public as they know the forum and know that it wont be good publicity if they mess you around at all.
  10. Sometimes some people will pay silly money like that. I know Zedrush sold his old Veilside kitted car for a bit of profit as some guy just offered him silly money for it!
  11. Yes the idea is that the timing and a few other parameters are backed off to stop the det you get running 95RON as standard. You will lose a small amount of power. Abbey will be able to advise better. Usually if you have it done on the dyno you will get an exact map for your car, so they can get a bit more power (or rather get it back closer to stock power on 98RON), but a postal map will need to be more conservative from what I understand, so you may lose a bit more. For the cost of the remap why not just run it on Super Unleaded and save the hassle?
  12. Do we need to ban you for a few days?
  13. As if you wont get it tuned If I understand rightly, Abbey can hold the licence for you, ready to be flashed back to the 370z when you go for your tune
  14. Top work as ever, and good to see my instincts are still sometimes right Finish in the cubby/NOS area is looking excellent
  15. Part-timer Have fun bud
  16. I guess the jump from a 313 isnt that much really. Mine feels a hell of a lot more powerful than my old 276 but it is running ~350HP atm, which is a lot. Its also got a lot quicker from loosening up over the 10k miles mark. It was the interior that did it for me too, but again the 313 interior is a lot better than the 276. So I can see your point. You'll give in one day though
  17. We'll see how long that lasts - I've heard it before plenty of times, including when I said I wouldnt get a 370z as it wasnt worth it over a 350z
  18. Good work. Nice to see the Split Second box being replaced with UpRev, should keep it running sweet
  19. Thought it was only right to have the accompanying video
  20. Good progress Chris. Quick question (pointer), where you are feeding the cables into the rear cubby area, from the centre tunnel. I assume you have test fitted the tunnel cover/armrest to make sure it all fits? Only reason I ask is that I seem to remember my CarPC cabling run through the same holes and I had trouble getting the armrest/tunnel cover back down again. Wouldnt want you doing all that good work to find it then doesnt fit
  21. Nilfisk here too
  22. Chris`I

    UpRev...

    When you say EML removed, I assume you mean reset? If they use OBD to reset it then it should not effect the UpRev map. The UpRev code is modfied OEM code that resides in the ECU firmware. When you remove the EML by resetting it should not effect this. However if Nissan has used software to "rewrite" the ECU then most likely it will have overwritten the UpRev code. You can use UpRev to cancel the EML permenantly for emmission warnings (for decats for example).
  23. +1. I seem to remember most water wastage was actually their pipes leaking all over the shop! They might want to fix them first
  24. Good to see its been sorted. Paying the price you do for DBA you do kind of expect a greater level of service from them. Fingers crossed the issues will be solved with the new discs
  25. I live 20 miles from work and still cycle on nice days! Even when we drive (I car share), I still have a mile walk either way to get to work from the car. If I was only a mile theres no way I would be wasting fuel on driving. Walk/cycle during the week and save the fuel for fun trips at the weekend Added benefit is you get fitter too.
×
×
  • Create New...