Jump to content

Chris`I

Ex Team Member
  • Posts

    24,812
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Chris`I

  1. The problem is that there was a time (probably about 10yrs ago now) when cars said to run on Super in the filler cap, but they could safely be run on 95RON. At that time, you'd get good performance from 95RON (that stated performance in the manual), and with Super you'd get a bit more. People still assume this is ok but as we've seen with the Zed, even the @*!# fuel map does not wind back enough timing to stop doing damage above 5kRPM. Its only now that people are really coming around to the idea that its not only losing you power, but also very damaging to the engine The problem a lot of new Zed owners now have is that the previous owners have run on 95RON and already done the damage
  2. Should work well with that The gui is based on the new Xbox one that came out a few months back... Which in itself is based on the phone GUI, they are trying to present one GUI for all Windows family products. Not sure how well a PC will work with touchscreen gestures, think I will stick to W7 unless they have significant performance increases for SSDs etc.
  3. The extension the Nismo pedal provides is well worth it if you are serious about heel/toe action
  4. Nismo pedal is great, but its not any longer than standard IIRC. It has a extension over the standard pedal that protrudes towards the brake pedal at the bottom left of the accelerator pedal. I too found that heel/toe was actually more like ball of foot/side of foot, but it works well, you soon get used to it.
  5. I have lots of Tesco points
  6. COLIN! I'd have expected better of a veteran of heel/toe - wash your mouth out - you should be doing it properly with your own heel/toe, not letting the car do it. Might as well have an auto How do people find the 370z floor mounted throttle for heel/toe, or does no one bother now they have syncro-rev? I found it a bit of a pain compared to the 350z and Nismo pedal which pushed me more towards the 7AT.
  7. With synchro-rev or good heel/toe action then its fine. So long as the gearbox matches the engine speed its all good. Its when they dont match that you put strain on the syncrhomesh and can start to damage things. Of course it is a given that when you are changing down and still have revs left and arent going to bounce off the limiter
  8. Christ, you'll make an easy profit from that one. If the Nismos are in good nick they'll fetch like £1.5k alone. Plus suspension, rollbars, diff, Haltec too! Good find Bob
  9. How does this muppet get any work - she is so annoying Never heard of her so that cant be good either Scott Mills isnt the best, but his show is light hearted trash which is exactly what you need after a hard day at work.
  10. OK found the original one when just fitted but thats without decats
  11. Fark cant find it in the archives Sure someone else must have taken one though..
  12. AdrianK - I think I have a vid somewhere ...
  13. AMD have a very good rep from what I remember on the Cupra forums. More expensive than plug and play chips but I think they remap akin to UpRev on a Zed.
  14. The old Ibiza Cupra remaped to mental power too
  15. I have some from Paints4U to do stone chips and the match is very good as always. The code wasnt on the site when I tried to find it (this was almost 2yrs ago now though!), so had to do a manual input of the code, but it came and was correct. Remember just to put a tiny amount (via toothpic or proper touch up swab), just enough to get colour in the scratch. Dont try and put a blob in there. You need the smallest amount to actually apply the colour to it. Then a tiny amount of laquer too.
  16. Now that's an offer not to be turned down Well I kept saying that I would sell them, but TBH I just want rid of them now, so they can go to a good home and a dontation to the forum or something I dont think I'll ever get rid of them if I try to sell them as they need retrimming, and once you factor that in, plus the expense of buying the seats, it doesnt really make them a cheap mod to do.
  17. Where abouts are you based? I have a pair of leather ones in the loft that need retrimming, but you can have them for free if you come collect them from Basingstoke (open to anyone else that may want them too - but collection only)
  18. How random. You'd think it would hold until it senses the car going forwards/backwards under its own steam. 7AT doesnt appear to have this, I just roll backwards/forwards a bit until the torque converter gets enough revs to hold it - hence not really needing it.
  19. I'd be calling them to ask what it meant. Just ring them and ask what a code 318004 is. If they cant tell you and cant tell you where to find out, I'd be asking how they can enforce law they clearly dont know anything about
  20. Very cool
  21. Autosol will sort it. As the others have said, it will rust up eventually, but its just surface rust. My old 350 Nismo exhaust did exactly the same, just need to get out there with the Autosol.
  22. Childrens (Junior) ISA would be one thing I'd certainly look at. I think they are newly launched and would let you save tax free for the nipper. I'd take advise from an IFA really as I think the tax matters can be quite grey and you could end up being whacked with a tax bill if HMRC deem you to be doing it in their name only to avoid tax. Junior ISA keeps it all cushty but might not get you the best returns. Also depends a lot on when you/Alfie want to be able to access the dosh. A lot of savings for children is designed to keep it unaccessible until they are 16yo or 18yo.
  23. GTR should try harder huh? Good riding, but I bet there are a few people out there that could do it quicker. It didnt look as on the edge as most TT riders are when lapping that. Give most the TT riders long enough to learn the track and I bet then would fly around it
×
×
  • Create New...