Jump to content

Chris`I

Ex Team Member
  • Posts

    24,812
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Chris`I

  1. Ill suggest it to the missus and send you her response It was my missus that said to go for it with the '70. You might get a nice supprise I think to get the feeling back you need to go for a really good drive on your fav roads on a nice day. That usually does the trick. Or a Wales run
  2. I had this with my 350z towards the end. You wont like the fix - its a bit expensive - the 370z Over the moon with it and feeling is definately back
  3. Vid makes me miss my Nismo
  4. This I cant argue with.
  5. So when are you off to Monaco then Chris?
  6. Dont be shocked when you see all the cop cars next door either - its where they prep them all
  7. Thats the one, has a nice before pic too. Very similar to the 350z except you dont have the spare wheel, just some foam where it would go. So you could get quite a lot of spare space in there if you wanted
  8. Not Berkshire but - http://www.myalloys.co.uk/ - get my vote. They are very nice people and will do a good job. They too will strip and powerder coat the wheels. When I got my last lot done, they put a massive amount of laquer on them, it was almost indestructable - apart from when I found a kerb
  9. Interesting find Andrew. I wonder if its newer models they seem to have made this mistake with? Mine seems fine on a MY10 Connect Premium. Might try and pull it apart later and see
  10. Looks great bud, better not get used to it though, it will be caravan central soon!
  11. and a bit of Sure the guys at AME will have her back to health soon
  12. It was optimax back in the day. Which was 97ron. Thats the one
  13. I started properly on an R6 but only because my Dad left it to me. I'd hacked around on mates bikes before, 125's and 250's and such. Dear god a 600cc is fast, mentally fast. And its dead easy to go fast. Thats the mistake people make IMO, they dont realise how quickly they are going until they have to react - them BAM - you hit something before you even knew it was there. Driving to what you can see is so much more important on a bike as you cant simply stick the anchors on and hope for the best like you can in a car (if the worst happens). As you say, chasing mates who are much more experienced is a very bad game to play too, just because the bike can take a corner at a certain speed, doesnt mean you know how to ride it around the corner at that speed. Also when you're more experienced you're happier to handle decreasing radius corners. Thats something that catches noobs out as they put the brakes on when they realise the corner is tightening which then sits the bike up and off the road they go
  14. I do now wonder how many of those were running 95RON though. There certainly were a few on RR days (Surrey RR for one), which is quite alarming knowing what we do now, and not sure how they werent picked up as knocking by the tech. Dont remember SRR having an aftermarket knock sensor, but Eurospec had one hooked up to my car when they dyno'd it - albeit it was running 99RON so they didnt detect knock. Real world wise, I dont think you will see any difference on the track, as I said above, you'd go quicker with driver training. I'd expect you need to step up to a 370z to notice some real difference, and even then stock for stock, it wont be a huge difference. Although taking my old 276HP 350z vs ~350HP 370z, there is a very noticable difference, mainly in how quick the 370z picks up.
  15. Honeymoon is fully paid for and non-refundable, and a whole wad of cash I dont want to lose
  16. If only I didnt have a wedding to pay for. Maybe I should cancel and do this instead
  17. Hmm might be tempted by a Cipher cable at some point - after the wedding of course
  18. Can we datalog the 370z without throwing the bonnet light Mark? I assume its just when you come to do the flash that the reboot of the system causes the bonnet light which needs Consult to switch it off? Just thinking if I ever wanted to datalog then I wouldnt want to throw the bonnet light.
  19. V-Power used to be 97RON. A couple of years back I think they did a small rebrand of it and it went up to 99RON.
  20. Mmmm those will look good
  21. Yes it is noticeable between a 276 and a 309 but its not that much that day to day you would wish you had one over the other. On the track the driver will make a much much bigger difference. You'd be far faster around the track in the 276 having had driver training (assuming you're not already a race driver!) with the change, than driving a 309 and no training. The interior on the other hand is enough for some to justify the price difference, thats what'd sway me one way or the other.
  22. Minimum buyin of £1000 for you this time sir
  23. This is why my R6 has sat in the garage untouched for a good few years
  24. Clinical Butt Test? I no understandy????? Don't I just get a licence buy a 1000cc bike then crash? You want Direct Access then. Go google Direct Access and CBT, you'll get the idea. They are roughtly the complete opposite end of the biking spectrum to each other
×
×
  • Create New...