Jump to content

Chris`I

Ex Team Member
  • Posts

    24,812
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Chris`I

  1. You should have had them back rather than let them go with the car
  2. Bummer - no mini adventure this time I think if the weather is bad enough to keep you at home it will be bad enough to not be riding! We'll be sure to pop over and see Fran if she's about though, and can go for a bimble if she fancies it.
  3. You nutter son We're back up in the Lakes in May, around the bank hol weekend (the one for the Royal wedding). Hopefully be getting up into the mountains again. Amanda got me a training day with the chaps at CycleWise@Whinlatter for xmas too
  4. I'd guess they are trying to actively price people out of paying monthly so to mitigate their risk with bad credit. If everyone pays up front, its all done and dusted and no risk of someone not paying. You see it all the time on TV where people are stopped by the rozzers and say they have insurnace and it turns out they started a policy but stopped the DD payments. I guess this now is more of a nightmare to manage, than the benefit they get from charging interest on the payments. What I used to do (they have done this for years) is put it on a credit card and pay it off over say 3-4 months anyway. You dont attrack too much interest on that, not compared to the percentage they want for it anyway! Now I just make sure over the year I save enough to pay it off up front
  5. ESR sticker is on the front carbon "splitter" as the ad calls it. Guessing its someone (from the other OC ) has PX it and done them a good sales pitch which they tried to write down to sell it on at a higher price. And oops -that doesnt follow the service schedule 3,916=P1 11,658=P2 23,567=P3 43,719=P1
  6. I think he has shown what we knew all along and as Rich says they add pretty much sod all. BUT if you mod for the noise then its all good. Also shows that spacers do add some power and torque, and also will give you a bit more after a remap. The other thing to remember is that the dyno is not the same as on the road. I used to get very differing intake temps on the dyno (higher) compared to the road (lower)
  7. They look about right for me. But what was his testing methodology? Did he reset the ECU between each and do a good few pulls to get the ECU adapt? Did he map it with UpRev (as I see he was using Cypher) for each? If not then they will all give about the same numbers (bar the spacers) as the stock tube has more than enough flow for the engines requirements. Its widely documented that the best bang for buck is a panel filter and the stock airbox - and the 06+ will net you maybe a few more HP if you're lucky.
  8. They have more than just 350z too http://www.nicoclub.com/FSM/
  9. Quite right matey, that will be going in next. The floor panels of the zed are very thin and rattly so sound deadening went in first to see what difference that would make. It did a good job but not as good as in the 350z. Sound barrier is def needed. I think it got about 2-3dB reduction so far according to my highly tuned iPhone app
  10. As Dan said. And yes they will only give you OEM parts back they don't cover like for like. However if you use the right repairer I'm sure they'll get you aftermarket parts cheaper than the OEM bits.
  11. They take a very dim view of d-box, it's pretty much cheating
  12. Dealerships will always be sheepish about modded cars. They dont want them on the forecourt which means off to auction, where they cant be sure what they will get for it and therefore will always be conservative in offering a PX. Glad you enjoyed it. I think with a low miles car like yours I'd keep it a while longer and wait for second hand prices to drop more on the 370z. When you got close 100k on it then chop it in I found that the stock 370z was a big step up in power from my MY03 Zed, but also once I added exhaust and intakes it took another step forward in power and drivability. Once I get UpRev on there I'm sure it will be almost 100HP more powerful than my old 350z
  13. nothings changed since the last zed then Nope. I have mine modded from my 350z
  14. Plenty of FI options for it these days in the States, 500WHP is possible on the stock block (although the 7AT transmission cant handle it in higher gears, they just arent beefy enough)
  15. Chris`I

    turkey

    Did 2k miles in about 10 days for the Jockland hoon last time around. Just take the usual precautions of fresh fluids and make sure oil etc is all topped up. The only real difference between the 350z VQ and 370z is the VVEL which is not an overly complicated system, so dont expect any issues from the engine at all.
  16. How random, thats Macs for you GoPro footage does look great, I want to get one at some point.
  17. Looks like fun. But why no HD?
  18. Remember that inc 12 months TAX (inc showroom tax I would guess), so thats quite a bit
  19. Did I miss you finally buying a 370z Paul?
  20. Not a PAC-ROEM then. So atm how do you have the headunit feeding into the Nissan loom? Did you buy a loom converter? Normally if you feed an aftermarket HU into the standard BOSE loom, it sounds very quiet, the PAC-ROEM increases the speaker outputs to what the amps expect.
  21. Do Wales then matey, gives you a chance to take the Zed on proper roads if nothing else. Make sure you do both Sat and Sun drives, you will be very happy
  22. That certainly sounds right for a MY03. Assuming nothing has changed between that and the newer models, I think you are good. Thats the stuff I used to do my old 350z
  23. Never had it done personally, but I have heard thats what can happen! Also can loosen deposits which then get stuck somewhere worse
  24. I cant do JapFest now, sodding mate is getting married. I'm only going for the evening though so might be able to make a cheeky morning of it
×
×
  • Create New...