Jump to content

Chris`I

Ex Team Member
  • Posts

    24,812
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Chris`I

  1. First things first, dont get goaded into the willy waving of bigger engines - you will regret it. Something like a Hornet 600 is more than enough. I did direct access (after many years of dicking about on loads of smaller bikes) and inherited my old mans R6 - dear god its fast! No way I'd want it as a first bike if I'd not ridden before, you're simply a passenger if you dont know what you are doing. One sneeze and you'll be into triple figures followed by a bush. If you really want to learn get something small and crap to play on and learn how to handle a bike that you can chuck about. Its getting harder to justify these days, but starting on a 250cc or something similar will teach you a lot. /dons flame suit Anyone who says you NEED more than 600cc to have a good ride needs to learn to ride properly, as anything more powerful is just a waste in the UK. But then again, I think a GTR is too much for the roads in the UK too.
  2. Habby Birthday dude
  3. Dont think Mark will be posting on the matter somehow Given Alex and Ian do know what they are talking about having done them, I would take their advise.
  4. Just need to do it when the car is new and bolts are easy to crack off. Maybe I should do mine now while I have a chance
  5. S'all just nuts and bolts sirley
  6. Can you get em in black Jez?
  7. Nice one bud
  8. For £300 all in I would say its definately worth it, so long as it doesnt cost more
  9. +1 - as soon as a stone manages to break through the lacquer it will ruin them. I had a diamond cut lip on my old Rotas and they went white when I kerbed the rim slightly and also from stone chips
  10. Its stamped on the tyres If in doubt, ask one of the CarLimits guys what to do - if Andy is there see if you can grab him, he is a very knowledgable guy and will explain it much better than me
  11. Is this a track day or a CarLimits Airfield Day? If its an airfield day I would recommend that you inflate the tyres as they explain. This is partly to protect your sidewall and rim of the tyre in high speed corners, and partly IMO to reduce grip so that you slide easier and break away is smoother. I always pumped mine up to a few PSI shy of the max stated on the side of the tyre and had no problems, full speed 70MPH slides with no adverse effects. A friend didnt heed this advice and after his first spin on the high speed bend we could see score marks on the tyres only a few mm from the rim Needless to say after that he pumped them up sharpish!
  12. Nope we dont over here - didnt anyone tell you?
  13. Wot he said
  14. Nope not touched them since the last time we had the troubles. Just goes to show that most (read: ALL) of the troubles are with peoples browsers
  15. Crikey that was quick - good work!
  16. Footwell lighting in the old 350z. Cost about 25 quid for all the bits off ebay and looked really good, but we now know its not best to wire them up to the dome light
  17. Lol, stunning. The lines between the shorts and the socks, sleeves and gloves, and best of all, the tanned finger tips and white hands. I tend to wear full lengh gloves, so its limited only from my wrists to t-shirt line! Does look great though
  18. Not on the side too Col? Nice to see the rain go flying off the side windows too
  19. We're all in the same club here. My missus is even worse, she loves anything that beads water and anyones car where it doesnt Admittedly it does look cool
  20. Megs Glass Polish/cleaner followed by IPA on the outside, then a very very small amount of Rain-X. Rain-X is a sod if you use too much and smears all over the place. You need to use a tiny amount and buff it off with a clean cloth after you fist buff it off. IPA and clean cloths for the inside, you'll be amazed at how dirty they are inside!
  21. I use paints4u.com. Stick in the paint code and get a proper colour match - they've always been spot on for me, with my GM 350z, Halfords paint was well off, P4U was spot on. With my 370z, paint wasnt on the system, but gave them the code and they sent me a spot on paint again
  22. Wouldn't that be false advertising though Only if they are advertising the car
  23. I managed (just!) on one tank all day, that was getting there, doing the day and getting home. I live about 1.5hrs away (forget the distance now). There is a BP fairly near. You will also find people have compressors on they day, but get there early if you want to borrow someones as once they want to start, you will need to be ready.
  24. Yes they are most likely wider than the Rays, most aftermarket wheels are. Standard size on the 370z 19s for example is 245F 275R which is the same you are running, and I also had the same on my 18" Rotas
×
×
  • Create New...