Jump to content

Chris`I

Ex Team Member
  • Posts

    24,812
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Chris`I

  1. Depends how much you want your car to look good. My missus Ibiza has always been lovingly detailed. She had a small bang in it and sent it off to the bodyshop to have it fixed and was mortified when it came back all swirled. Evidently they washed it with a bucket of grit. She still cringes when she see's it in the sun or petrol station forecourt where you can see the swirls. Horses for courses, but I hate seeing cars swirled to death, it looks horrible in the sun and so easily avoided.
  2. Fixed the formatting errors for you Mart. We couldnt see Z Club
  3. I hope you're right, in my experience it wont be the case, we'll still get the BS threads as noobs are too lazy or inexperienced to search
  4. Surely we can have one thread with age and exhaust and you can just do the stats in the first page? I know we have a new mod on board, but that doesnt mean we need more new threads for him to track
  5. Your kind remarks are appreciated As close as a compliment you'll get from that old timer
  6. Quiet at the back
  7. You get unlimited refills with it though Chris. Thats what makes it viable to pro detailers to use it, and charge their clients a forutune.
  8. 2x mix carvery and 2x crumble please (and yes thats not just for me )
  9. Why are there no lights in the moderators office these days?? We cant afford them - we are free after all
  10. That would be dependent on me having anything other than NXT's wash and wax That will do just fine, dont have to go overboard, just a use a little more than they recommend
  11. to the Dark Side
  12. Mines lucky to go north of 3k RPM atm with my commuting on the M4 Must admit I dont know an aweful lot about this kind of thing other than a car is meant to run richer as it revs and that turbo/SC tend to run richer too - I always heard it was to keep temps down to help keep det at bay. Oh and that 350z/370z run very rich as stock and for a reason know one quite knows
  13. Most car shampoo if mixed a little strong will strip wax. To a certain extent all shampoo, even wax friendly, will strip a little, its just usually weak enough that it doesnt take much with it. Any of your older cheaper shampoos mixed a little strong will do the job nicely
  14. Whoops Still, would like to know whats better about it. If there is something better, its always worth adding to the detailling collection
  15. I can see the UK's GDP dropping by quite a few percent because of this
  16. The Highway Code is what is known as a "Guidance publication". It is not in itself an act of parliment (i.e. law - The Road Traffic Act), but compliance with it will ensure you keep within the law. If you ended up in court, you would be charged under the Road Traffic Act 1991. But examples of your digression from the highway code could be used in evidence. Thats my understanding also
  17. Maybe we should just him
  18. How do you define better? I've used their QD that comes with the clay kit and found it far far inferior to Red Mist. While they both are fine as a QD, Red Mist provides a nice level of protection and wet look shine that I didnt get from the Megs QD. Not sure its the same stuff though.
  19. Mine went on the bottom, dead centre of the rear window
  20. Watermarks can also appear etched into the paint. I've got something similar on my 370z. I tried to remove it with Lime Prime and it didnt budge. Need to get out the PoorBoys SSR and see if I can shift it. Bloody annoying this water based paint
  21. Chris and Mac are saying its legal. Its my understanding that the Highway Code is not law, although it can be cited in a case as an example - ie it can be used to deem someone as driving dangerously if they undertake, however the undertake itself is not illegal. /nod Although you'd have trouble arguing your case if lane 3 was available in this example. If the inside lane is clear and all outside lanes are full of slow morons then you're well within your rights to overtake on the inside.
  22. Good stuff, thanks for clearing that up. PS Is the dyno fixed yet?
  23. Yes they are different you cant have them working together. So what does tweaked give us? 100% at WOT, anything else? Not sure how that applies to 370z which I beleive only has the butterfly to provide vaccum when off the throttle?
×
×
  • Create New...