Jump to content

Chris`I

Ex Team Member
  • Posts

    24,812
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Chris`I

  1. My OEM clutch lasted over 70k miles with some mechanical sympathy and a fair few motorway miles. As above it depends on how its been driven, do a clutch test and see if its still ok. I wouldnt imagine many last more than 70k miles though.
  2. That was scary just watching it live, I thought he was going to cause a major incident
  3. I hope he does learn from it, but somehow I doubt it. Real shame as he is an amazing driver, he just cant drive like its on an Xbox and shove it up the inside with no space all the time
  4. +1 - people please take not of the sections you are in and what posters are saying. 370z section is now a lot busier and we are getting a lot of small mis-reads/posts WRT 350z and 370z I dont know anyone in this country that has a Scanguage on a 370z, but be happy to try one out if a local 350z owner has one.
  5. Have to agree with Colin. From my bystander view point (not knowing the ins and outs of F1), it looks to me like Lewis takes a lot of opportunites that arent really there, trying to shove it down inside/outside of a driver, expects them to back off and when they dont he complains about it. Maybe he should make and/or aim for bigger gaps?
  6. Guess is depends as what you consider worth while Colin. 5-10HP isnt to be sniffed at, but for me and you the extra noise would not be prefered, and I dont think you'd see any difference with the 5-10HP OTR once you have gained the good chunk already from exhaust/intakes/remap combo. That is of course unless you are tracking it or wanting the extra noise - then they would be worth it. What we also didnt consider in your car vs mine - where we discounted the Stillen intakes giving any extra power - is that my 7AT drivetrain may have sapped more power than a manual. So my intakes may still give some gains over standard airbox/uprated filter combo, we just need to see them on a manual car.
  7. We did from Jenson's lovely missus
  8. Usually its all switches, no keys required. Closet thing to a key they will have is a kill switch that they can usually remove to remove all power from the car - however at an even theres not reason to remove it. As above, you'd need to be fairly savvy to know the order to turn stuff on but you could get quite lucky especially if it was about to go out anyway it might have already had all the ancilleries turned on
  9. GET IN BUTTON
  10. Cant have been that clever a thief otherwise they'd have flatbeded it (covered of course) just round the corner from the Pod
  11. Why didnt they follow it? I assume they didnt realise it was stolen until after they got home?
  12. +1 I am a massive fan of Hamilton, but when is he going to learn to calm the F down for a while and stay out of trouble
  13. Try here for the guides - viewforum.php?f=105
  14. Speak to Mark@Abbey, with Consult3 he can do the supported things on the UK cars. Not everything is supported as we have some features that the Yanks dont have, and being cheap, using the same hardware, the memory in the car only has so much space for functions. To make way for ours, they have dropped some of the others. I had a play before and wrote a How-To on the ones that I found to work manually. Having the doors automatically lock as you drive away was one, and unlocking both doors at once (IIRC) is the other. Should be in the 370z section somewhere.
  15. On the Abbey Facebook page? Good work Mark - look forward to seeing the UpRev progress
  16. Not overly scientific, but Mark overlayed a car with exhaust, filters, remap and HFC/decat against mine and it was neck and neck pretty much up to the near the redline where the HFCs allowed more power to be had - but saying that it was sub 5HP extra. IMO I would go HFC for more noise, but not the performance. When you think exhaust, panel filters and remap net you so much, HFCs dont add a lot. For a complete package and especially for the noise, I guess for quite a few they are worth it though Trying to get up to Jockland for the Hoon later in the year
  17. OK, looks like I made a balls up. Colin pointed me at a stock car dyno that Mark has done and it appears the Stillen does make some power on its own, and that the Abbey dyno / stock car combo, gives slightly low readings compared to OEM quotes (plenty of reason for this, so its to be expected). From what I can find, the hub power that we have seen is: 1. Stock: ~273HP 2. Stillen exhaust: ~297HP 3. HKS exhaust , HKS Panel filter and UPREV: ~300HP 4. Stillen exhaust, Gen3 intakes: ~303HP 5. Stillen exhaust and UPREV : ~310HP Note the readings were taken on different days, 1 &3 together, 2&5 together, and 4 (mine) - which gave the same as 5 after UPREV. Hope that helps. Should clear things up a bit. Also, doesnt look it in the pics but the Y-pipe for the Stillen isnt restrictive, its at least the double the size of the two pipes going into/out of it
  18. Not knocking the Akrapovic btw, its a lovely exhaust, just dont let the butt dyno fool you into thinking it will add a chuck of power without the remap. I thought it would, but it doesnt appear to. What is good news is that it wont make the car run too lean and also there is a nice increase to be had by having it remaped, you get much better low down torque than the Akrapovic graph shows
  19. Guys, dont get wrapped up in marketing BS about how much power they add. Stillen claim an 18HP increase themselves. H-pipe, y-pipe makes no discernable difference, this has been proven many times in the US and over here with different 350z exhaust combos. Here are the 2 exhausts to compare - they look pretty similar no? I will only beleive what people have seen on UK dynos, we already know JDM and USDM cars behave differently from experience with 350z If anything the Stillen looks more free flowing. We know FACT that Colins car made stock power figures with the Stillen. Whether this was actually 15HP up on what it was before we will never know, and Mark@Abbey is looking forward to getting a stock car in so he can compare. We know FACT that my car dyno'd 10HP above Colins base. This has to be down to the intakes messing with the MAF housing. We know FACT that after Colins and my map they both made about ~310HP@hubs
  20. Ebized actually found that with exhaust changed he only made stock power figures on Abbey's dyno with OEM map (with a bit of fudge factor to get you to fly figures). He then made ~15HP by having the remap. Equally, my car with Gen 3 intakes (this is very important) and exhaust made +10HP more than OEM figures before map and +15HP (so pretty much the same as Colin) after the map. So either Abbey dyno is a heartbreaker, or this ECU also cancels out any gains from certain mods. With exhaust only, the car still runs really rich, but it will be allowed to rev a little freer. What we've seen on Abbey's dyno is you dont gain any power from just exhaust. Gen3 intakes gain some as it messes with the MAF housing and makes it run leaner.
  21. Some say Martins wind is single handedly powering all of those Looks good bud, keeps you out of trouble
  22. This is what I get up to on the road bike - you didnt think I just went riding down country lanes did you?
  23. Today I met a true legend -Martyn Ashton. He was demoing in Basingstoke as part of the Animal Bike Tour. No pics of the event as we were in M&S cafe overlooking the action so too far for iPhone to get footage. But here the proof I met the man. Anyone of a similar age that grew up with Tricks and Stunts, Bi-King and MBUK will know what this man is to biking - I was well impressed
  24. We've had just shy of 60 before down in Bala, not bad for a much rarer car
×
×
  • Create New...