-
Posts
24,812 -
Joined
-
Last visited
Content Type
Profiles
Forums
Events
Gallery
Store
Everything posted by Chris`I
-
Does the new HU not take a permenant live and IGN live feed? Sometimes these get mixed up, I've seen it before and they are actually the wrong way around compared to any ISO block you might use. New HU can drain a car battery if they are wired incorrectly. I would get a multimeter and make sure the right feeds are going to the right pins in the blocks.
-
Dont think it works like that due to the way that hydro-carbons interact with each other. Safer to assume the engine will run as if it has 95RON in it EDIT: Although the article suggests it will work so who knows
-
My mate has one of those ones from Halfords and its started our cars a few times when the Zed and Ibiza batteries were on the way out. I'll second Dave though, surely you need a better battery or something is draining it if it cant start the car after 2 days. I leave the Zed for weeks at a time and it fires first time every time ( *touch wood* ). Cant see how they can have designed it with such a small battery that you cant leave it for longer than 24hrs without it starting Maybe something like an Optima? Sure the GTROC will have the solution rather than using a booster all the time, thats not good for the battery.
-
Dealer can do it in Consult, should be a few button clicks. If they dont understand that - time to get a new dealer Dont think there were any changes that I know of around that part of the car between MY09 and MY10. When you say IGN on, you are pressing the button twice yeah? Not holding it down so the engine starts? Should be IGN on but engine not running (press button twice). I cant remember if the button you press is the button on the doorcard or the keyfob, I'll check this out later, but I'm pretty sure its the one on the doorcard/door
-
I bet I could find more on yours Only cos mine gets used and dirty requiring a clean
-
My last post lasted about 3-4yrs! Well worth it - get it from Tim@Envy and support our traders and forum. Advice from him comes free and worth a lot
-
Not my choice I want another go around Trossachs, see if I can make Amanda spew this time
-
Dog @*!# doesnt cause your bike to slide on the road though does it
-
Can see a few swirls in there Col
-
There's still time before the Hoon..... http://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/i.html?_nkw=smurf+stickers New we'd find something to spend the club funds on
-
The main thing you need to consider is what you are doing when you polish and wax. Taking pure polish and pure wax - polish removes a tiny layer of clearcoat, like doing an exfoliation for your car. This smooths back the clearcoat to give a blemish free finish, but it does remove some of the clearcoat in the process, and also removes other contaminants on the paint. Waxing applies a layer of wax over the paint to protect it. Ideally you want to prep the paint once properly giving it a proper polish (ideally by machine) to get the paint tip top. Then you want to apply wax and/or sealant to keep it protected. Once you have the paint protected you shouldnt need to polish it again until there is good reason - either the paint has a lot of contaminants and/or swirls that need removing. This could be every 6 months or even upto a year. If you wash regularly and keep wax/sealant topped up it should last a while. SRP is a bit of a middle man. It has properties of a polish (very very light cut) and properties of a sealant. This means technically you can use it more often as it technically seals the paint as you polish so will keep the paint looking pretty good - but IMO I would do it less and use a proper wax/sealant on top. Claying before polishing is also a good idea as it removes contaminants that are embedded in the paint (things like metal filings) which can not only make the paint feel rough, but also rust and mess up the paint. As with everything there are different levels of OCD you can have, but its well worth making some effort (clay, polsih, wax) to get excellent results
-
Personally I wouldnt polish that often, but then SRP has next to no cut (wont take off any clearcoat) so no harm done - especially if you are doing it by hand. You'd be better off using the 2 bucket method to wash it and keep it topped up with wax and/or sealant. Only polish it once every 6 months instead, and clay it at the same time. This will keep the paint tip top and not wear away too much clearcoat.
-
In fairness that Mini can be hustled incredibly quickly, and the BMW is no slouch either on track. You may not be going as quick in the Zed, but you'd be having more fun Yep, I also notice most of those cars didnt get above 110 / 120 which means the zed would have still been in 4th gear and just getting warmed up. Also the smaller cars will have much shorter gears. Drop in a new final drive to the Zed and it will fly around
-
Like his shipmate then - all the nice boys........ Theres a thing about drop top Zeds on that boat
-
It's really not Steve's day (Samsung content)
Chris`I replied to Ekona's topic in Off Topic Discussion
Not a fan then Chris?! I truely hate Flash with a vengence. Its plain crap - end of. Thats not because I love Apple, I dont really rate Apply that highly other than their interfaces (both physical and software). But Flash is just a pain in the bum. It served its purpose by doing things you couldnt in HTML/Javascript, but things have changed and its now just pap. Try watching BBC iPlayerHD. I cant get that to work on anyones PC/laptops I know, the Flash implementation is @*!# and just sends CPU through the roof. It uses H.264 which I can run on my PC - full 1080p - without it cracking more than a few percent CPU (because its all done in hardware). Stick it into Flash like BBC have done with iPlayer and it uses all software to decode and that means LOADS of CPU Its a true waste of space. Oh and also for those saying they dont like locked down software/standards etc, what do you think of Google buying Motorola? How long before you see features in Andriod that are tuned purely to their hardware? Thats all Apple do. To get the best experience you have to tie hardware and software together. I have a good 5yrs expeience of coding with all things web, Java and another 5yrs+ of 3rd party software and have to say, those which are tied to specific hardware/OS run much much quicker and slicker. Apple take this to the extreme, but they then ensure that the user expeience isnt often a bad one. -
Bikes - The "awesome" kind with no engines
Chris`I replied to AK350Z's topic in Off Topic Discussion
Whinlatter is a great little all weather rollercoaster Glad you kill other people than just me and Amanda matey -
It's really not Steve's day (Samsung content)
Chris`I replied to Ekona's topic in Off Topic Discussion
Flash is the spawn of the devil himself and should be burnt at the stake. I have never seen a site executed in Flash that I have thought couldnt have been done better in other technologies. Its slow, clunky and power intensive, all things that you dont want anywhere on a mobile device. Java was much the same for mobile devices and has all but died off in them now (J2ME). The more OEMs that get behind HTML5 the better, it will give sites a faster, sleeker and more stable experience. Interesting to see how you get on and rate it Dan as I do like Samsung, have many TVs and laptops from them which have all been very stable and worked well. -
Don't forget that that 350z time was in MY03 import, you'd expect a 313 to close that gap a bit. Also, the list is not up-to-date as the new MY11 GTR was quicker than the time listed I think. Shh I have to justify my purchase As Dan says, take it all with a pinch of salt, its all different drivers, track conditions etc. If even 5% of them are actually comparable I'd be amazed. Still makes the 370z look good though
-
I got a one for the Pug that was advertised on here, think Nixy sent it to me actually. Fit the 350z perfectly but was slightly too big for the 370z. No problem though, I just trimmed down the bungee cord and fit perfectly after that. No paying 80 quid for me
-
If they let full size bikes back on trains with an area for bikes, it should be dead easy to board them. The one or two times I've taken my bike I've been on the train far quicker than the usual half asleep commuters I guess with all of the above, it depends on the specific situation. I obviously live in an area where they let full size bikes on and they cause no problems, you work in area where they dont and have a bunch of mong tards trying to get the train which hold you up To be fair I'd far rather pay to run my car than get the train - its cheaper, easier and quicker. Unfortunately working in the town centre I would have to pay for parking which is £15/day I'll stick to getting a lift and cycling and on the odd occasion - getting the train when I have to. Speaking of mongtards that dont bother to move up the station to get the empty doors - I had the same when I used to work at Canary Wharf. So many people would pile down the stairs straight to the nearest door and have to wait for 2,3 or even 4 trains to be able to get on. I used to walk right down the other end and get straight on It also meant when it got into Waterloo that I was at the right end to get straight out the exit whilst the other idiots fight over the other exit. For people that are meant to be in very high paid jobs for clever people, they're not very smart
-
People just dont listen when you tell them its a seriously fast car. Nearly 4.5sec quicker than a 350z Nissan 370Z 1.27.5 Nissan 350Z 1.31.8
-
MY EYES
-
Watched this last night on iPlayer - I knew it was bad back then but this really opens your eyes
-
Do they make them for auto's too?