Jump to content

Chris`I

Ex Team Member
  • Posts

    24,812
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Chris`I

  1. Andy only says that to minimise tyre wear as North Weald is so abrasive. Having heard it from the man himself as I asked why we do it - he told me it was mainly to stop the tyre from being able to roll under the rim as North Weald is so abrasive and grippy. With low profile tyres a lot of the guys run, you dont have to be sliding sideways much for them to grip and pop under the rim, completely buggering the wheel. Also it makes the tyre balloon which reduces grip meaning the cars will spin at lower speeds on the courses, which in turn means you dont have to go as fast to get used to the car sliding as it would on the road. He told me the correct way to pressure your tyres is to look for the little triangles at the edge of the tread. If you are under it (ie wear is inside of the markings) you can lower pressure. If you are over them (ie wear is between them and the rim, actually using the sidewall) then you should increase pressure. A friend in his Evo didnt pump his tyres up as much as he should and actually we saw the wear on the tyre wall itself Increasing it a few more PSI made it go back behind the triangles and the car handled much better. Pumping it up to max would have meant the tyres had less grip due to ballooning, but would have protected the rims further and also not meant he'd have to go so quick to induce slide.
  2. Good work chaps The other Zed looks so sad under the tarpaulin
  3. His clutch would have been good for at least a 1000 BHP and torques
  4. Sounds like an excellent reason not to do donuts Unless you want a reason to upgrade the clutch and flywheel
  5. How many miles have you done? Likely that its nothing - some noise is normal - but it could be a sign that the flywheel is on the way out. Does it feel clunky when you accelerate away? Thats a more telling sign its the flywheel. If not, then its perfectly normal.
  6. Sounds like they are quite fragile then, I've seen standard Y-pipe in far worse condition that wasnt blowing. I'm guessing the outer isnt as solid as standard or the inner is very thin? Could always replce it with no flexi straight pipe then you wont have the problem
  7. Put it in gear so it stops agains the gearbox, then put the handbrake on and see if that solves it? Have you tried disabling the tilt/ultrasonics yet?
  8. So what do you want? Bigger box? Re-ordered list? The list is in forum/subforum order, so if we make it alphabetical then it wont make sense. If you head over to the 370z theme though, I have made a tweak (change it in User Control Panel > Board Preferences > Board Style )
  9. +1
  10. Had a play with the 370z theme to see if I could work it out. Made it better I think - it displays down to slightly less resolution - but it still dissapears if the screen gets small enough, but eventually it doesnt go any smaller and forces you to scroll sideways. Cant work out what would make it stop disapearing
  11. Nah, just go downstairs, take laptop out of bag and boot. Work from home
  12. Google Street View wont let me get close enough to check Chefs look a bit ropey too, hope your tummy is ok
  13. Chris`I

    Whoaaa

    No - just Hugh Might as well lock this too
  14. Gonna get it on iPlayer just for that
  15. To be fair they are not meant to be winter tyres, they are meant for when you are proper stuck and cant move. Once you are off the snow they are useless, just as snow chains are. I think it is a general misconcenption that they can be used just like winter tyres. They are only material after all, you cant expect any fabric to not disintegrate on tarmac, especially with over 1.5tonnes and 300WHP to struggle against
  16. OK OK I'll take a look at the HTML The only thing I can see that causes it is having a small screen size. For some reason it does dissapear below a certain resolution. Some browsers display it and make you scroll the window, some just drop it from view
  17. Well it doesnt rock as it cant display HTML properly
  18. I'll check with Amanda now and see if I can come and play
  19. I'll take a look at the code later, but I dont think there are any browser/OS specific codes around that part of the screen Should have got an iPhone For now you can access it via this link User Control Panel and Private Messages
  20. The page is standard HTML so should work no matter what browser or platform. Do you know what resolution the screen is? Sparky is right if its too small then the PM button wont show, but if its that small it wont show you wont be able to read the forum anyway!
  21. Classic
  22. I don't think waitrose are planning to sell them you snob! Waitrose will do it properly and sell you winter tyres. I seem to remember they the only ones out doing deliveries last year as they had winter tyres on and no-one else did
  23. Thats a good idea. Could make it look like a new model from Nissan if you do it cammo style with loads of different off cuts and colours
  24. I'm waiting to see what the likes of the Asus UX21 Zenbook and ilk are like to replace my current Samsung X460. I'm half tempted to put a SSD in it and be happy, but I like the lighter shinier things I only really use it for web browsing and light photoediting so dont need massive amounts of power. Being able to sit with it on my lap cable free all night and standby for 10 days is quite a nice benefit.
×
×
  • Create New...