Jump to content

rtbiscuit

Members
  • Posts

    22,020
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by rtbiscuit

  1. For every bad parent I come across there are at least 100 good parents. I once talked to a parent about their Childs swearing and their inability to know what is and is not appropriate language. The parent was very apologetic, said I don't know where he gets it from; then turns round to his kid and says....what have I fcuking said about swearing you little sh!t. I had to bite my lip to stop the laugh about to burst out.
  2. Like I said in a previous thread....I blame the parents
  3. For ekonas next wish he'd like to see someone pull a goldfish out their arse.
  4. How's about the £50 mark ? http://www.ebay.co.u...=item4ac7e9d14e
  5. Closest I could get http://www.amazon.co.uk/EB1503-B038E-Desktop-1-86GHz-Processor-GeForce/dp/B00AAXC41K/ref=pd_cp_computers_0
  6. rtbiscuit

    Coolant

    Its OAT
  7. Slow in and fast out. Trick with rwd is being smooth
  8. Tarmac Sportz also sell it
  9. There is another alternative to a bomb. Its a liquid that is sprayed directly down the vents and onto the coil. But I can't remember what its called. The best way to stop it, is to not run he blowers on air recirc. It needs to be set to always bring in fresh air from outside.
  10. I've not named any student in person, I've not refereed to any parents by name, I've not mentioned the school I work at, I've not used my actual name. And I'm entitled to an opinion just like you. With regards to parents. Pretty much every screwed up kid you can trace the issue back to the parents. Its not a sweeping statement its fact. And my issue is every man and his dog has an opinion on what teachers should and shouldn't be doing. Everyone seems to know best, but very few are willing to actually step forward and do the job themselves. But you are correct that there are issues in the education system. We have an assessment system that only caters for 80% of the students going through it. We have a setup focussed on league tables which breeds a culture of prepping for exams and not actual learning. You have politicians deciding on curriculums with no actual experience of the job and very little consultation with actual industry in what they want out of newly trained students. There is little emphasis on vocational subjects. An observatory body that moves the goal posts to suit the political agenda and the poor setup from exam boards. Schools being able to quote performance figures excluding English and maths but including sub standard qualifications. Falling budgets, growing class sizes, no new schools being built. I could go on. Yes the system is flawed but lots of us try to do the best with what we have to use.
  11. Glwts, shame to see you sell up, don't be a stranger.
  12. he could differentiate alright he just happened to have left his brain in neutral that lesson. And thank you its rare to get praise from parents. Most just expect a child minding service. I do my job to the best of my abilities, but as always I'm just a small cog in a big machine. I just happen to work in a very good school with lots of other very good teachers. As for did I find it funny, of course I bloody did, and I shared it with my colleagues. And its not like I've emailed him the link to this thread. But if it helps. The kid did his gcse last year. He was predicted a D, I helped him get a B. So he can't of done too badly having me as a teacher.
  13. So you don't show up on the logged on list. On when viewing a thread your name won't show up at the bottom of the thread. Never used it myself but some may want to read what's said on the forum without letting others know they're reading it.
  14. Wow someone has a stick up there arse about the teaching profession. Firstly no I have no kids...yet....they arrive in October. Secondly I didn't fail in my task he did everything exactly how I demonstrated it. He used the vice correctly he wiped of the excess, he laid up and measured everything just like I showed him. His mistake was not being able to identify between a big bottle labelled PVA that he's used every year for the last 4 years. And a completely different bottle with a picture of a sink on it and the words Cif written on it. Now you might question why I let him continue. I'm a strong believer in learning from ones mistakes, and guiding them to the correct conclusion. I didn't mock the student, I laid out all the facts in front of him. As they say you can lead a horse to water etc etc etc. As for my teaching ability, I worked in the real world first before I went in to teaching. I also work with some of the toughest kids, and I also get some of the best results. Since I've worked in my current school the results have gone up 30% over 5 years. My lesson which are observed are either graded as good or outstanding, and in the recent Ofsted inspection I was also graded as outstanding. I think until you've done my job, or been in my classroom you can't really comment on my ability as a teacher. Oh and I also teach teachers as I'm a Subject mentor for several teaching courses. As you say I must be failing in my role as a teacher
  15. What did you pick as the learner car
  16. Yep I watched him pick up a bottle clearly labelled cif sink cleaner, I watched him apply it, clamp it etc. And then waited. 30 minutes later he came to see me. Sir my woods not gluing. I asked him what he used. He said glue. I told him to get me the bottle. Then I told him to read it. He read it, I asked him, why do you think its not stuck? His reply.......I don't know. I can teach monkeys to make high quality furniture, but I can't combat stupidity....which is generally passed down from the parents
  17. I blame the parents. Think of it this way, you can't polish a turd or...sometimes its like putting lipstick on a pig. I can only mould what the parents give me.
  18. I had a kid last year try and stick 2 bits of wood together with cif sink cleaner
  19. This part worries me! You should be able to take corners as fast if not faster than a FWD car of similar chassis/spec....obviously this is not a rule of thumb that all RWD cars are quicker in the bends than FWD. Youve never driven a 306 GTI-6 then ........ But in FWD all of your weight is over the driven wheels, you can also shift weight past the point of drive more quickly. Which do you reckon is quicker in the wet?? I knew someone would throw the GTI-6 or DC2 out there, that's why I covered myself with the majority not the rule comment Lol well you shouldn't be driving hard in the wet anyway....O yeah and have you seen that new FWD Lambo?! I also had the gti6 one advantage of fwd is that its more confidence inspiring and easy to correct if you go to far. Its easy to go fast in fwd it takes more experience and skill to go fast in rwd.
  20. bit like me and my son this evening - I'm teaching him to drive Are you using the 370
  21. That sounds like a father and son team
  22. someone better call Evette Fielding
  23. i'm just handicapped....that is all
×
×
  • Create New...