Jump to content

veeg33

Members
  • Posts

    2,060
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by veeg33

  1. Just had mine swap today (picking up my zed tomorrow) all in including braided brake lines fitted, £460 =(
  2. A little summary here just in-case someone did a search for similar issue...... Dash light lighted up: ABS, ESP and Slip What triggers them: When idling, few press on the brake will trigger them or when you press the brake, slowing down to a junction or traffic light. Symptoms: Car drives normally, not on limp mode, just no ABS or ESP capability as they are disabled Fault code: C1143 and C1109 (Only possible using proper OBD tool, don't think a cheap bluetooth dongle will read them) These lights will reset when you turn engine off, but will reappear once you press the brake (sometimes 1 press, sometimes a few) Things to check yourself before getting help from specialist: 1.) Brake fluid level - make sure they are topped up to Max level 2.) Rear brake lights - make sure they are on when lights are switched on and the should be brighter when you press your brake 3.) Brake pedal switch - make sure they are not faulty If all those above fail to resolve this, time to go to a specialist unfortunately In my case, they checked all sensor, brake light, etc. Finally diagnosed to faulty ABS actuator pump. If you need a good quality pre-loved ABS actuator pump - Great service from Alex
  3. Thanks Gudzy, i've checked the brake lights as suggested by you and Zmanalex. They worked fine. Zmanalex sold me a pre-loved ABS actuator unit. L&G removed the ABS pump today and checked it. They confirmed it was the pump issue. They are charging me £260 (diagnostic, removing and installing new ABS pump, replacing all brake lines with braided lines that i supply to them and brake fluid) I think that's a fair deal.
  4. Maybe the ARK has great filtration system? which i don't think so.....Go back to the same MOT station next year and compare the readings.
  5. Oh no......have you just uncovered another embedded software in Nissan? I'm not sure why, could be your new exhaust as you mentioned or their machine. How many miles have you driven with the ARK fitted?
  6. Hello and welcome
  7. Hello and welcome
  8. I think first protocol is to check brake fluid level, but someone with more experience will come along to comment. Mine has ABS, ESC and Slip light on, it was diagnosed to ABS actuator which needs replacing. My local garage used a proper code reader and it gives out C1124 and C1109. Which is ABS system related. I have a Bluetooth dongle code reader, but it fails to read these Cxxxx codes. I'm assuming only Nissan Consult OBD tool will pin point you to the issue, other OBD tool will only give you brief description hence more time needed to diagnose (ie higher price for diagnostic). I'm sure Japex can solve it for you. I'm on the same boat as you previously, driving around with no ABS or ESC. I did give it a try (in safe environment) to check if I still have these electronic controls when they are all lighted up, answer is NO!!.
  9. Hello and welcome
  10. Hello and welcome
  11. Wasn't me mate
  12. This? http://www.centralsomersetgazette.co.uk/Sports-car-crashes-Travelodge-Hotel-Glastonbury/story-29098436-detail/story.html Thankfully just minor injuries........
  13. You can't get replacement anymore hence your exhaust now needs replacing. I'll be happy to collect your scrap exhaust from you to scrap them FOC. Joking aside, a standard gasket will do the job
  14. Flyboy sells them as a kit with fitting instructions --> http://www.350z-uk.c...stock-dec-2015/
  15. Sorry if repost. Pretty cool teaser video by Nissan. Hopefully they'll publish a full video. https://youtu.be/KTEITmTomII More info http://www.nissangtr-me.com/en/web_GTR/media/detail_40101.htm
  16. You have a PM
  17. I bought them Mobil 3000 X1 Formula XE from Halfords to top up every now and then (I think i got them 5Litre for £19.99 when they are on offer, its £29.99 now) . Alternatively, if you are near to Eurocarparts, Shell Helix HX7 Pro (http://www.eurocarpa...72231&0&cc5_247 ) should be OK for £19.99 (5 litre)
  18. Running on Toyo Proxes T1 Sport all corner at the moment. I quite like them to be honest, hence did considered buying them again but I would like to try something new. MPSS seems to be the best for zed, so will give it a go and see/feel how good they are.
  19. Thats terrifying haha You can get mid range tyres for not a lot more, and my MPSS were around £530 from Oponeo just over a week ago. Shop around, maybe try Falkens? Not bad for the money but not great either I'm not keen on them to be honest, maybe on a slower less powerful car. Cool, thanks mate. I'll shop around. I've only checked Tyreleader and Blackcircle so far. Will try the one you proposed. But you'll trust Jinyu? Really? Falkens have great reviews too.... I mean I'm not really keen on Jinyu. I do like my spirited driving every now and then, so would rather pay extra to avoid loosing my zed or my life. I'm pretty much set on MPSS now. Get the front first, then rear a month later.
  20. Thanks Jonny B. Let me know details once you find out.
  21. Hello and welcome
  22. If and only if you are only 1 hour away from me. I will definitely buy them from you.
  23. Thats terrifying haha You can get mid range tyres for not a lot more, and my MPSS were around £530 from Oponeo just over a week ago. Shop around, maybe try Falkens? Not bad for the money but not great either I'm not keen on them to be honest, maybe on a slower less powerful car. Cool, thanks mate. I'll shop around. I've only checked Tyreleader and Blackcircle so far. Will try the one you proposed.
×
×
  • Create New...