Jump to content

GMballistic

Ex Team Member
  • Posts

    19,490
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by GMballistic

  1. Had to buy a ferry to get home, ....sounds expensive. Surely cheaper just to buy a ticket to go on another ferry rather than buy your own ferry?!. Seriously though glad you made it home safely in what sounds like bad weather & traffic.
  2. That is probably true. Still look's good though.
  3. I like pjf's set up as above but personally OP I'd go for the 245 front and 265 rear as he recommends (not much stretch then), ...or possibly even a 275 on the rear as I prefer the staggered set up with nice wide rear tyres as it look's more "muscle" car imo. I'm currently running 245/35/19 ET20 front and 275/35/19 ET20 rear with Rota alloys.
  4. Probably.
  5. Not a bad view jimboy. I've got a cheap suction cup mount which worked well with my last camera which is probably three times heavier than the Gopro is so I'm pretty sure it will be up to the task. Might have to get the Gopro adaptor and then give it a go.
  6. GMballistic

    Gun in the sun

    Still better than an "AA" one I guess. "RAC" rule.
  7. I agree. Think Pritchard's just interested though as he's thinking of supercharging & just mulling over what the performance will be like afterwards. Really it's above 100mph where the power of the supercharger on the Zed really comes into it's own & the speedometer needle rockets round like it didn't before. Although you can't do that on the roads unless on the Autobahn or an old airstrip.
  8. GMballistic

    Gun in the sun

    Very nice. You can get rid of that awful tax disc holder now though you know.
  9. Nice to see you've done a proper build thread for it. Really interesting to see one of these for a change, ...lovely shape to them I think.
  10. Couldn't see this anywhere so thought I'd do it. Happy Birthday rt.
  11. ^^ That is all.
  12. ^^ Great picture. Really lovely shot imo.
  13. Sessions. Have a read of this thread; http://www.350z-uk.com/topic/90146-goodbye-grundys-engine/
  14. I did say very rough idea. Tbf though that's accurate to within a few tenths of a second from what Nissan states for standard at 5.9 secs so not too bad really. I mean you're talking 0.4 sec difference which although on paper look's a lot in the real world it's not a lot of difference imo.
  15. Welcome aboard Billy.
  16. Great work all and congratulations Matt. Have fun.
  17. Just so many variables; tyres, suspension set up, driver, weather conditions, track conditions etc etc. You can use a "performance calculator" online to give you a very rough idea on performance but then again there are so many variables not taken into account like I've listed above but also including gear ratios, wind resistance, reaction times, fuel load etc etc. Link: http://www.torquestats.com/modified/index.php?pid=calculator Mine comes out using that calculator like this.... All though doing those times under real world conditions is another matter.
  18. I'd just PM zmanalex on here or Shades Rs or R35LEE to see if they have any good used ones for sale. http://www.350z-uk.com/user/9648-zmanalex/ http://www.350z-uk.com/topic/87886-53-nissan-350z-gt-breaking-spares-with-20-khans/ http://www.350z-uk.com/topic/63996-2004-350z-breaking-all-parts/ Might even get one in the same colour and if you're really lucky the colour will match.
  19. Just managed to catch up with this again today. Thanks for posting Russ. Incredibly interesting as usual.
  20. You on PS3 or PS4 then Randy?
  21. Haven't seen a guide for fitting but it will be very easy to do if you have a lift or high enough ramps. Might be a PITA though if you plan on fitting them just on axle stands on your driveway. Problem can be removing the old standard Cats especially if the bolts/nuts have seized on at all. It's also a bit awkward getting to the first set of 3 bolts/nuts where the Cats connect to the manifold. I think if I'm right you can get at two easily enough from under the car but then the third one is best tackled from topside through the engine bay (some people remove things for easier access again). I had a garage fit mine as I was having other work done at the same time but most garages shouldn't charge you too much for fitting them, ...maybe £50-£100 tops I'd have thought depending on labour charges. The O2 sensor spacers just screw in place & then the O2 sensors screw into them so nothing complicated there. Can't comment on the fuel economy side of things though as I'm FI but tbh I'd imagine it shouldn't really be any different.
  22. What a bl**dy good idea.
  23. Cheers both. I'll have a look into the Gopro app then.
×
×
  • Create New...