Jump to content

GMballistic

Ex Team Member
  • Posts

    19,490
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by GMballistic

  1. You are right it does say 100mph on the back of the camera ~ solid back door for 100mph+ or in wet conditions. My Mrs bought me the "Hero3 white edition" Gopro camera. Very impressed with the quality of it but I've yet to actually record any video or take any pictures. I'm still looking at ways to fit it to my car tbh. Got the standard stick on mounts but looking at positions inside the car I'm not sure I'll be able to use them as if I put one on the plastic shelf just behind the seats in the Zed I'm sure the camera will be too low to get a decent video. Looked at mounting one on the rear strut brace in the boot but then I think it will be set too far back for a decent video & will just show too much of the back of the seats. That's partly why I have been looking at accessories already in particular the new wifi smart remote and LCD add on screen. That way I'll be able to see the shot using the LCD screen to help line it up as well as start recording remotely using wifi.
  2. Not yet Neil you? Will hold off just now as i dont get time just now! aye mate a few weeks ago. Have you got advanced warfare yet for ps3? Nope bought the last 3 cods the day they came out and ended up back on mw3 so not in ahurry. Plus im playing skyrim just now lol drop me a txt, I have a copy I will sell you brand new never played. Really cheap You should take Neil up on this Kris if you can as this new COD game blows MW3 out of the water imo. Just finished playing the main game and have played a few hours on multiplayer, ...so far it is fantastic.
  3. I've had a few funny comments about my name too but I'm sure it's nothing compared to yours. Some of the funniest I had where from Americans; "I guess he goes ballistic for balls" "Yeah that guy really love's his balls" etc.
  4. You'll be fine. More likely to trip over in the road here due to the cr*p potholes everywhere than be involved in some air related incident.
  5. Love it. Bet that's hilarious if you're using a mic on a game like COD. Operations commander; "GMballistic you attack from the front & hold your ground" "Cunilingus you flank round the back and attack from the rear, ...go in deep!"
  6. Which Gopro did you get then? I know mine came with two back doors for the case ~ a skeleton one which you can use to get better sound with at speeds below 50mph and a solid one which is designed for speeds above 50mph to cut down on wind noise.
  7. You are correct wider tyres don't always necessarily mean better traction. I tried to read about it awhile ago and came across some Physics forums that tbh just made the subject even more confusing. The basic gist of it is from what I read: wider contact patch sacrifices linear traction for lateral, narrower tyre's sacrifices lateral for longitudinal traction. Personally I think with what we're talking about though, changing the width from a 275 to a 285, I won't notice a difference either way. Although I would notice the price difference which is why I was considering this move in the first place tbh.
  8. Pritchard I'm currently running Falken 453's on my Zed with a 275/35/19 tyre on the rear driven wheels. If I launch it hard I can smoke & snake down the road like a crazy person but that's where you have to learn how to use throttle control to get the power you have down onto the tarmac. I'm considering getting some MPSS (Michelin Pilot Super Sports) next time the tyres need replacing as they are regarded by most to be the best tyre choice for our cars. The other thing I'm considering is going up to a 285 width tyre on the rear predominantly because for some strange reason they are cheaper than the 275 but a bit more width would help with traction I'm sure.
  9. You mean they're not real ? Thought you where going to try and be less sarcastic Andy? Suppose it's not the New Year yet.
  10. Its very difficult to compare the two..but yes I'm sure road accidents consume a lot more people in a year unfortunately. Definitely not really fair to compare the two but flying is still the safest form of transport for the most part. Personally I'd much rather drive somewhere than fly but then if I had to get to Australia for example then I'm pretty sure I'd have to fly.
  11. Shocking numbers but I'd guess deaths on the roads & vehicle accidents are a lot higher.
  12. Honestly no idea why people do this. Like when you see a V6 or V8 badge on a Corsa 1.2, ...crazy people
  13. Edited that for you Matt. Enjoy it btw.
  14. If you do number 4 commander I'm certain that it will help with number 3, ...two birds with one stone. And those will probably impress the GF so he's allowed to do number 2. Leave number 1 til last *insert poo joke here*
  15. Totally agree. They do like to drink oil like it's going out of fashion but still not a problem providing you check the level regularly. I used to check mine every one to two weeks and never had any issues.
  16. Not heart stopping by any means but I've wasted 3 1/2 minutes in worse ways. How did you mount your Gopro to the car? Was it a suction cup mount? I've already got a suction cup mount but I will need a Gopro adaptor first before I can use it. Reason I'm asking is because I've just got a Gopro Hero3 for Christmas from my Mrs you see so just looking at accessories & sensible ways to mount the camera to my Zed. Going to buy the new smart remote once I find stock of it at a reasonable price & also some mounts.
  17. I used to own a 2003 EP3 Honda Civic Type R 30th Anniversary Edition so a different car to the Accord but there are some similarities regarding the engines with VTEC. One important part to check with the VTEC motors is that it properly engages into VTEC. This happened on the EP3 around 6500rpm I believe it was. There should be a noticeable increase in engine noise, acceleration and speed that the rpm's increase. If not then the car is not properly engaging VTEC. This could be because of something as simple as not having enough oil in the engine but obviously if that is the case then that in it's self is not a good thing. It can be caused also by other things such as the car being in "limp" mode or a duff VTEC solenoid. More info here: http://honda-tech.com/honda-prelude-4/official-%22why-vtec-doesnt-engage%22-thread-830163/ I loved my Honda and found it to be the most reliable car I have ever owned with zero faults or breakdowns in my 3+ years of ownership. Highly recommend Honda VTEC engine equipped cars for definite imo (great engines).
  18. Following on from Pjf's good idea thought I'd do an identical thread for us Playstation 3 & 4 owners. Just post your gamer tags and maybe a list of the games you're most likely to play online so others that play the same games can add you. I'm on a PS3 using the same gamer tag name as on here; GMballistic Mainly play offline tbh but when I'm online it's generally for "Call of Duty" games. Just got "Advanced Warfare" for Christmas so on that most evenings.
  19. Changed it. Good idea, thought people could post their PSN ids too but it's always offline anyway Lol. Take that back. Nothing wrong with PSN when it's not being hacked. I thought seeing as you had an Xbox and are looking for players it makes sense to have this as a dedicated Xbox one thread otherwise it just gets confusing with people posting gamer tags that could be on either.
  20. If you do number 4 commander I'm certain that it will help with number 3, ...two birds with one stone.
  21. ^^ Some nice presents there. Guide here on how to fit the bonnet struts if you need it: http://www.350z-uk.com/topic/72194-how-to-fit-circuit-sports-bonnet-dampers/
  22. ^^ Pretty much look's like Grundys Zed already, ....just stick some Tarmac Sportz stickers on it & you're there.
  23. Not one for New Years resolutions really but I do want to give up my E-Cig this coming year which will be my last step in stopping smoking for good and I'd also like to visit more shows/meets next year. Stroll on 2015.
  24. Should change the title of this thread OP to "Xbox one" gamer tags. Just an idea.
  25. Been playing "COD: Advanced Warfare" on the PS3. Excellent game and definitely one of the best imo from COD. Great fun.
×
×
  • Create New...