-
Posts
19,490 -
Joined
-
Last visited
Content Type
Profiles
Forums
Events
Gallery
Store
Everything posted by GMballistic
-
2nd week into my first zed
GMballistic replied to Jeff king's topic in Introductions & Welcome Messages
Welcome aboard Jeff. As one of my old mates would say it's not ginger, ...it's strawberry blonde. -
My dead Zed and the garage who've ripped me off. Advice welcome!
GMballistic replied to Speedway Fan's topic in 350Z General
Very sad story and I've actually been in a similar situation myself in the past. The situation that I found myself in was quite some years ago now when I purchased a my96 JDM Impreza from a small trader. The engine went a few weeks after I had bought it (big end failure due to oil starvation after the oil pump failed) and after doing a very similar thing to what Ekona (Dan) has suggested, with all things said & done I ended up getting a measly £500 from the trader towards what ended up being a £4.5K rebuild. In hindsight although I loved the car (just like you seem to with the Zed) and didn't want to let it go the best thing I could have done was outright reject the car and get as much as, if not a full refund from the trader. That car cost me literally thousands & thousands and even after the rebuild things went wrong again & again including the engine which went some 12K miles/2 years later (this time due to a thrown conrod which went through the block). Imo I'd try to get the garage to accept liability for the car and if you can return the car to them in its current state asap. Then using the money you get back try to find another Zed you can love just as much. -
Yep it's not always about the numbers, ...just how it drives afterwards is the main bit so if you're happy that's all that matters.
-
Hard to tell from the slightly blurry image but just cracked 300 then? Pretty good then. Maybe post the results in the "dyno" thread if you like. Link: http://www.350z-uk.com/topic/23450-dyno-results-info-thread/page__st__160#entry1529796
-
sold my 03 Boxster to get my 09 Z Convertible GT
GMballistic replied to mcorbett's topic in Introductions & Welcome Messages
Welcome aboard, ....get some pictures up of the old Boxster & its replacement if you can (Photobucket works best). -
ZeppoJeff's Zed Journey - RB26 swap In Progress
GMballistic replied to ZeppoJeff's topic in Member Build Projects
Ohhh they look nice. Going to look even nicer contrasting against the lovely purple of your Zed. -
That made me think of this meme which seems relephant considering the story Stu...
-
Welcome aboard.
-
New Member - Gloucester
GMballistic replied to Rowland977's topic in Introductions & Welcome Messages
Welcome aboard. -
Congratulations.
-
Got you but the way you worded it made it sound like the CREE LED's get rid of the orange glow, ...which they don't as I've just said and you too it's the Silvertec bulbs that get rid of that. No worries either way.
-
Are you sure? Few on eBay and this company states they have 6 available when I last looked. Link: http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Nissan-Fairlady-350Z-3-5-2003-Rear-Lower-Bar-Rear-Member-Brace-/371418001776?hash=item567a3cf170 Hope that helps.
-
You're thinking of the indicators Jeff as edenc is on about replacing the sidelights with CREE LED's. To get rid of the orange indicator bulbs your best bet is "Silvertec" T20 bulbs imo (available on eBay). Although you may be able to get some orange T20 LED's but I'm not sure how good they are. Welcome aboard edenc.
-
A years MOT too and the tyres are branded, not smartprice! 127k miles. How's the new house Gaz? We're moving soon. That's good then although it's covered some ground hasn't it. The new house is good thanks. Few teething issues though, like we had a flexi water pipe burst at 1:30am one morning & start flooding the upstairs bathroom. It's all good though as I knew where the stop c*ck was, got a new flexi water pipe the next day & fitted it myself. Plus my mate a plumber/heating engineer came around a few days later just to double check everything was ok for free and it was. My garage is turning into a bit of a problem though as I may have to knock it down and have it rebuilt due to a previous owner not being too clever & building it smack bang next to another wall with no soak away. Not going to be cheap & I'm still getting quotes as I won't be doing that myself. I could just live with it but the amount of water getting in the garage when it rains heavy would rust all my tools & possibly cause structural damage eventually but fingers crossed though it will come good in the end.
-
^^ Sounds like a bargain as £600 isn't a lot really for a decent running, MOT'd, FSH motor. What's the mileage on that then?
-
The Zed Shed Part Deux Build still going
GMballistic replied to Keyser's topic in Off Topic Discussion
Great progress. -
Welcome aboard.
-
Maybe Scorpion or a Cobra exhaust system then as they're lower budget systems at around £400 odd (est). ...Or keep saving up so you can get what you really want.
-
Welcome aboard. Exhaust will vary depending on budget, what noise you're after & style/look. I used to have an Invidia Gemini full system on my Zed which imo sounded fantastic and is a middle ground exhaust cost wise at around £800+. If you can stretch your budget further then the Motordyne is one of my favourite sounding exhaust systems for the Zed but then there are loads more to choose from then just those two. Have a look at Torqen, Tarmac Sportz, The Cougar Store and some of the other traders on here in the "Professional Traders" section as they'll all be able to help whatever your desires & budget. Link: http://www.350z-uk.com/forum/93-professional-traders/ Some videos of my old S/c Zed here with an Invidia system: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UClRmiU_ciZ6yuBPT99e4Niw/videos
-
You could always give Cookbot a try as I know he has been talking about making some 350Z gear knobs for the community so a "gear gaiter finisher" should be a doddle for him to make. Link: http://www.350z-uk.com/topic/102259-350z-custom-gear-knob-interest/
-
Related thread here Ryan: http://www.350z-uk.com/topic/79121-my-r35-gt-r-exhaust-came-today-pics/ Also I know Scott on here fitted a GTR exhaust so there might be more info in his build thread (or maybe you could send him a PM for more info): http://www.350z-uk.com/topic/68764-scotts-project-zed/
-
Nice drive for nice day... Then ruined by wannabe racer...
GMballistic replied to Mj86's topic in 350Z General