-
Posts
19,490 -
Joined
-
Last visited
Content Type
Profiles
Forums
Events
Gallery
Store
Everything posted by GMballistic
-
I think that's good news Commander, ...happy wife, happy life. My old man used to have a TVR Cerbera back about 16 years odd ago so I've a lot of love for these. His was the 4.5 Ltr V8, ...what version engine are you going for? and are you going for the classic (older) headlight version or the (imo) horrible headlight looking version?
-
350z Gear knob, wheel nuts, locking nuts.
GMballistic replied to ZEUS's topic in 350z Parts For Sale
Ha ha, ...haven't we all. -
If you don't mind waiting for a delivery then zmanalex & Emperor Tuning are probably your best bet for good used parts. Zmanalex: http://www.350z-uk.c.../9648-zmanalex/ Emperor Tuning: http://www.350z-uk.c...emperor-tuning/
-
Is this the zed shed?? *New Episode* 18/3
GMballistic replied to 350 Russ's topic in Off Topic Discussion
I did wonder Russ. It's fine though as sometimes there are more important things then posting videos on a car forum (only sometimes mind). I haven't finished watching those above episodes as it got too late for me last night. Going to try & watch the rest later. -
Welcome aboard Joe. If you want to post bigger/better images on here just follow this guide: http://www.350z-uk.com/topic/103472-how-to-add-your-photos-to-the-forum/
-
As Paul said zmanalex & Emperor Tuning are probably your best bet for good used parts. Zmanalex: http://www.350z-uk.c.../9648-zmanalex/ Emperor Tuning: http://www.350z-uk.c...emperor-tuning/ Re: the interior parts ~ well another option is you could have them hydro dipped AKA water transfer printed as I did mine (link below). Link: http://www.350z-uk.c...ls-grab-handle/ If you decide to go down that route then try getting a quote from Eve@AquaGraphix or Ricey@revolveautomotive AquaGraphix: http://www.350z-uk.c...27-aquagraphix/ Revolve: http://www.350z-uk.c...automotive-ltd/
-
Great news blazemaguire and always nice to get a conclusion on these problems, ...might help other members out in the future knowing what to look/listen for.
-
Sold - thread locked Let me know if you need it unlocked for any reason MW.
-
350z Gear knob, wheel nuts, locking nuts.
GMballistic replied to ZEUS's topic in 350z Parts For Sale
That's a bit harsh, ....Chris is a good guy I'll have you know. GLWTS ZEUS. -
I think that's probably the best way to go for now and you'll definitely get a better finished part afterwards from them. Maybe ask for a half decent dipping kit as a birthday or Christmas present? That way if it is a waste of money for you then it's someone else's money that got wasted and not your own. Good luck with your plans.
-
Is this the zed shed?? *New Episode* 18/3
GMballistic replied to 350 Russ's topic in Off Topic Discussion
And the very latest episode.... -
Is this the zed shed?? *New Episode* 18/3
GMballistic replied to 350 Russ's topic in Off Topic Discussion
Ok so I'm not sure if Russ has forgotten about this but I hadn't and had began to wonder why so long between episodes.... I mean it has been a year! Anyway quick search and I bring you: -
I have tried hydro dipping AKA water transfer printing myself. Basically anything that you can dip into water without ruining it can be dipped. I bought a starter kit from eBay for around £50 odd which came with mostly everything you'd need to get started. As you'd imagine though it wasn't the best even for £50. The film (that's the part with the pattern on it) for starters although it looked fairly good quality it was in fact fairly rubbish (China made AFAIK) as was the supplied activator (the spray which liquefies the film). I have since ended up investing more money in it with better films (believe Japan make the best quality) and quality activators. All supplied by AquaGraphix a professional trader on here: http://www.350z-uk.com/forum/227-aquagraphix/ Trust me when I say the videos on Youtube are very misleading and as you're aware they don't show you even half the process or prep work involved in making a quality item. Also they never show you the messed up ones & trust me it does mess up a lot especially when you're learning how to do this process correctly (even the Pros will admit it never goes according to plan all the time with dipping ). ZEUS above has correctly touched on the basic process: Prepare the part for dipping ~ sanding maybe necessary/removing all old paint/other surface finishes etc, then wash, dry, panel wipe (degrease) and lay down a good coat of appropriate primer. Allow to dry. Check surface finish ~ may require more sanding (wet & dry), ..if happy Apply base coat colour ~ varies depending on the film you are using & the effect/look you want. For example; one of the films I have is a black snake skin pattern. It works best over any light coloured base coat but you wouldn't use a black base coat as you wouldn't see the pattern then. Once your base coat is done and properly dry you need to check the surface finish again, degrease, ...then if happy You're ready to start dipping your part: **skipping the dipping technique info just for now as it's mainly in my thread below** Once dipped you will need to gently wash your dipped part: I do this under a lukewarm gently running tap. This is to wash off any film residuals. Once the part has been washed and left to dry you will then need to lacquer (clear coat) the part to protect the film/part & ensure a long lasting finish. Allow lacquer to fully harden and then you're done (well hopefully). This is my thread I wrote for my first attempt at hydro dipping: http://www.350z-uk.com/topic/102662-tried-my-hand-at-hydro-dipping-aka-water-transfer-printing/ I have though gotten better thankfully at hydro dipping since my first attempts and am still practicing on bits like computer parts, car parts, phone covers etc whenever I get the chance. Below is a picture of one of my latest dips which was on a "MadCatz Rat1" mouse using a digital green camo print film over a cream white base coat. Pretty challenging doing the digital camo as the pattern will distort as it goes around the part especially with a shape as complex as that mouse is (fyi: it was totally dismantled for dipping and the parts individually dipped ~ the dark olive green parts were spray painted as too awkward to dip imo). Anyway hope you like & have found that informative. Gareth, Just in case you're interested this is below what the Pros did for me when I had my Zed Dipped interior parts done by AquaGraphix: http://www.350z-uk.com/topic/86048-hydro-dipped-interior-parts-door-pulls-grab-handle/
-
1992 Golf VR6 ~ The heater matrix went and it was a very costly job to have fixed by a garage plus a PITA to do myself so I just decided to join the pipes up with a piece of copper pipe. Thus bypassing the heater matrix altogether. Worked a treat but I never had hot air again inside the car. Not something I've done but when I was 16 years old (1995/6) I worked for a friends car sales garage as a car valet/garage hand. They had a Ford Orion come in one day on a p/x against another car. Only thing wrong with it was that it had a broken back box ~ the tail pipe had rusted off. Rather than get a new back box though & in order to save cash to make maximum profit the garage mechanic there cut off 4 inches from the bottom of a metal drain pipe. He then welded that on were the original exhaust tip would have been (with my help). I remember they then advertised the car as having a "Big Bore 4" exhaust back box. I'm not sure if that was genius or not but the car sold like that.
-
[SOLD]Rota Gtr's 18" ***BRAND NEW (BOXED WITH COVERS)
GMballistic replied to gazzard27's topic in 350z Parts For Sale
Fyi ~ you can get the centres easily enough from Ben@RareRims on here as I did after I had two stolen (cheap too). -
Oh and look forward to seeing what you're doing with yours Graham.
-
Colour for yours when it arrives Mine is going something completely different booked in for June 13th at PwPro, wrap is being designed now and I am loving the mock-ups! Believe me when I say I'd have a GTR in literally any colour, ...as long as it was a GTR I'd be over the moon. It's one of the only reasons I play the Lotto.
-
Yep just another selfish pr**k unfortunately Mudman, ...society is full of them. Just be thankful they didn't actually hit your Zed if their parking is that bad.
-
[SOLD]Rota Gtr's 18" ***BRAND NEW (BOXED WITH COVERS)
GMballistic replied to gazzard27's topic in 350z Parts For Sale
Well that's not quite true. The 350Z was always sent out from the factory on a staggered tyre set up, ...yes the alloys on certain models were identical in size as in, for example an 8.0J alloy at the front with 225 width tyres and an 8.0J alloy at the rear with 245 width tyres (as both tyre widths will fit comfortably on the 8.0J rim). More info here on the 350Z alloy wheels/tyre fitments: http://www.350z-tech..._Specifications Gazzards alloys bytespc could easily run a staggered tyre set up if that's what you want to do to keep the handling. GLWTS gazzard. -
Like that Graham and what a great colour GTR too.
-
Welcome aboard.
-
Great stuff Nic, ....just hope you enjoy it although I think your new Zed has a tough car to follow.
-
Litchfield stage what?? Pfffttt, ...you need T1 ~ 2500HP Nissan GTR
GMballistic replied to GMballistic's topic in Other Cars
Thank goodness for that, ...I thought all the true petrol heads had left the forum for a second. -
Litchfield stage what?? Pfffttt, ...you need T1 ~ 2500HP Nissan GTR
GMballistic replied to GMballistic's topic in Other Cars
Fair enough Matt. It is in the US though so I'm pretty certain they don't have corners on their roads anyway judging by some of the previous US car offerings.