Jump to content

d95gas

Members
  • Posts

    731
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by d95gas

  1. Nice finish and I like the colour.......Did you sand the units down to a flat smooth surface, or have you left it with the bobbled surface ? Graeme
  2. You got an item number.....there is so many 350z badges there :-) Cheers Graeme
  3. Phil, I just hope she isn't on this forum or you may get home to worse than a curbed wheel!!!!!
  4. Having looked at the sill covers which are under 38 dollars.........shipping in excess of 168 dollars......I think I need to make contact with our USA office to arrange some internal shipping :-)
  5. Oh wow! Some awesome stuff on that link........gonna have to go hide the credit card before I do some serious damage :-)
  6. Hi All, Could anyone advise where to find Z Burgers to replace the standard Nissan one on the front of the car. Also looking for some nice sill covers either in Aluminum or Stainless Steel, if anyone can let me have any links or seller information it would be very much appreciated. Graeme
  7. How is the droning on this now Phil.......Has it gone totally, or just less ???
  8. Stuart maybe expensive, but dam his goodies are of the highest quality. He listens to exactly what the customer wants, and then builds them the system of their dreams. He did mine on the MR2 many moons ago, and that exhaust is still kicking around 7yrs later, and still looking like new. I shall be speaking to him this week to see if he an do anything about the droning on the True Dual system I currently have, I love the deep rumble it gives, but the droning on the motorway is not really my thing.
  9. Hi guys, Sorry to disappoint, but this car sold on 19th July 2013...... TO ME ........Sorry couldn't resist. I think the mods should perhaps lock this post. Graeme
  10. Maybe not the bargain I first thought :-)............. Open to sensible offers
  11. Jesus....... Maybe I should pull my exact same ones from the For Sale section for £200 and see if he will give me £500, he can them make himself another quick £400+ profit....
  12. Google is my best friend This may help,, Change Radio Shack for Maplins... Go to any auto parts store and purchase a four wire relay and wire it up as follows: The relay will have numbers written on the bottom for each pin. The wire from the parking brake from the H/U to 87. Ground to 85 and 30. Remote from the H/U to 86. This will give you an automatic bypass to the DVD lockout. If you want to just put a switch to do this manually you can also. Go to Radio Shack and buy a momentary push button switch, part number 275-1548. Take the green wire coming out of the unit. Strip the wire, and attach it to one of of the pins on the relay switch. It doesn't matter which one. Buy a standard 16 gauge wire from Radio Shack and connect it to the other pin on the switch, then connect the other end of it to a grounded connection on your vehicle. Now, when you play a DVD, the warning screen will come on. Just press the button on the switch and it will go away, since it tricks the receiver into thinking you have engaged the parking brake. Bear in mind that I think its against the road traffic act for the driver to be able to see any video being played!!
  13. Cheers Dedman, always a bit iffy on a new forum, did'nt want flaming over it
  14. Hopefully this time around I will get the post right...... Full set of 350 Wheels and Tyres. This were passed over to me on my recent purchase of the Zed, previous owner used them as Winter Wheels. As the car will be garaged over the winter, I have no requirement for these, and am probably better off with the space. All rims are in excellent condition, with no "Kerb rash". One of the spokes has a scratch on it, which can be easily touched in. Specifications: Tyres: Bridgestone Potenza RE040 (Rears have 3mm tread and the Fronts have 4mm tread) Front: 225/45/18 Rear: 245/45/18 I have uploaded Hi-Resolution pics to my dropbox, this will enable you to zoom in on the wheels/tyres and give them a good check over. Click here to view 350Z Rims (The *web pics are lo-res) Price wise I am a little unsure what these go for, being new to the forum, things have a different value here. Initially I will ask for £200 ovno, but if the general opinion is that this is too high, I am willing to listen and adjust the pricing as necessary. Given their weight and size, I would prefer collection (Durham area), but if someone is willing to arrange their own courier, I am happy to pack ready for transit. Any questions, please give me a shout. Thanks for looking Graeme
  15. Hi Guys, Wondering if you can advise this "Old newbie"....... Recently submitted a "For Sale"; Set of wheels & tyres, which got rejected with a "read the rules"...... I read the rules and amended the post to include the pictures instead of just a Dropbox link, and included my Username and the Site details on each of the images, assuming this was the acceptable method rather than written on a piece of paper. Re-submitted, but not heard anything or seen the post appear. I'm obviously missing something obvious, it must be the "rose tinted specs" . Thanks Graeme
  16. Well Sunday was a good day, managed to get the dash stripped down and the headunit removed......and what a shock.......Never seen so much "Sellotape" in an install . The rats nest of wires took a good 15mins to sort out finding out what went where. The installer had made life harder for themselves by not only installing the relevant connectors and add-on's for the headunit conversion (the standard 350 one's) but had also added in a "Autoleads PC9-460 RCA phono line level signal booster" and a "Ground loop isolator" which only added to the bulk of cabling, along with 3 additional phono patch leads of one description or another to connect all this up........here's the offending articles: So the easiest thing to do was take everything out, start from scratch without the above two items, and see what we have from there. On wiring up everything as it should of been, I had no output to the front right speaker, turned out to be a dodgy phone. Ran the engine to check for any background noise, and found nothing, just perfect audio and everything coming out of where it was supposed to. So the next job was to follow the advice of the forum, and do the "Buster" conversion on the phono lines, chopping the plugs and soldering the wires: http://www.350z-uk.c...__fromsearch__1 This all worked out perfect, not only did my volume increase significantly (Which is what the line booster above was supposed to do I guess), it also got rid of the dodgy phono plug, and made the whole job a lot neater. Everything back together and out for a road test and just hope that I didn't need the ground loop isolator. As it was, it was perfect, no engine noise or anything, so I don't really understand why it was put in........ Thanks to the advice and guides of the forum, and thanks to Buster's ingenuity in the first place in finding out about getting rid of the phono plugs Graeme
  17. Currently down as their hard drive failed on Thursday......Hope they had a backup. PM'd my details to upload when you can. Thanks
  18. If anyone has a retractable UK one, I would be interested as my sticky out one is not going to help my project plans. Thanks Graeme
  19. On a similar vein........ I got stopped by the police whilst driving my MR2 Turbo, nothing "boy racer" about, just a "sleeper" looking very OEM, but they couldn't see who was driving due to the rear window being blacked out. First thing the copper says is "Whats a guy your age driving a car like this for". Now it must of been a good day for me, as quick as a flash, I replied "So you drive a robin reliant do you" ? to say he wasn't best pleased was an understatement :-) but it made my day.
  20. Hi Bud, Lovely car, I looked at it a couple of times when I was on the hunt for a zed...... I finally decided on a black one, but glad to see that one's will be around the Northeast (I hail from Darlington). Hopefully will bump into you at some stage. we have a local forum for meets, etc....I'll pm you. Graeme
  21. Hey Graeme, I know the house lol you got a 350 now? Yeah it's a battle fitting this in and the drifting around work and stuff but it's pretty addictive. Think you might regret the offer of help my man :-P Yep the MR2 went last Saturday, went as far as I could with that, wife still has hers (Red with black roof) - been itching for a 350 for over a year now, and glad I took the switch, really loving it........now to get enough time to enjoy it. Looking forward too seeing yours, that's some major workload you've got there, but sure you will make easy work of it, having seen what you've done so far. Regards Graeme
  22. thanks Spursmaddave, all these tips come in handy, and might save me a lot of grief, so I very much appreciate them Thanks Graeme
  23. Cheers Bud, ok better start Saturday afternoon on the positive side, it will give me chance to hoover out all the crap that fills the little joints up, etc and get her spick and span. Also looking forward to getting another piece of kit next week
  24. +1 on the RS Stubby. Picked up the car last week and on the 150 mile drive home I could only get a very very poor radio 4......Drove me nuts, so the RS Stubby was my first portal of call, it made 500% difference, now I get all my favorites and I never want to hear Radio 4 again........Sorry any 4 listeners out there Previous stubby must of been a cheapo, was literally 1.5" long and did zilch!!!!
  25. Cheers Guys, superb information there and hopefully (fingers crossed) its just a case of swapping the RCA's. Volume wise I initially THOUGHT it was ok, but was conscious of the fact last night that I seemed to be turning the volume up a heck of a lot just to get some useable noise from it. So will take a look at the guide and carry out the modification, I do like some decent volume in the car, and it may even help me over come the droning on the exhaust I shall report back Sunday. I am of course assuming....... Front bezel off the Pioneer and should reveal some screws to pull the unit out OR is it going to be the whole of the center panel has to come out........ Hoping not. Thanks again chaps Graeme
×
×
  • Create New...