Jump to content

Jp606

Members
  • Posts

    1,237
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Jp606

  1. It's a no brainier, the Z is a much better all round car IMO, you're getting a lot of car for the money.
  2. Anyone on here? Looked slightly modded and noticed it had a black/carbon fuel filler flap.
  3. Normal, it's the exhaust cam timing. An UpRev remap cures it, as well as making the car 100% more fun to drive. No just a software remap sorts it, no risk of engine damage or anything like that, you tend to improve the efficiency of it too.
  4. Saw this on related videos :/ http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=df2_1378560731 Busted..!
  5. Speak to Mark at Abbey Motorsport http://www.350z-uk.com/forum/101-abbey-motorsport/
  6. Best thing for the exhaust is to go to some meets, or find Zed owners in your area with the setup you want and listen to them in person, videos on YouTube don't really sound anything like they do in person.
  7. How do you know they are money laundering?
  8. I disagree about the clutch. A lightened flywheel makes a noticeable difference to the engine pick-up and IMO is a big improvement to the feel of how the car drives. Fair enough I guess what I mean is I'd rather spend the money on upgrading other bits first, only replacing the clutch if necessary. I haven't replaced mine so don't have any experience of what difference a lightened flywheel makes, but it makes sense that it'd improve the feel.
  9. As you are upgrading the brake lines to SS ones, I'd also go for upgraded discs and pads and of course a decent fluid, such as Motul RBF600. I'd look at suspension tweaks too, the best thing I did to my Z was change the ARBs to Eibach ARBs + decent drop links, add stiffer suspension springs and get a proper alignment setup done (at Abbey Motorsport). Obviously good tyres too. This massively improves the handling of the car and how you can utilise the extra power from a remap etc. I personally wouldn't bother with the damper, or the pulleys and I'd leave the clutch until it actually needs replacing. If I was going FI then I'd upgrade the clutch first. If you're looking for the best gains then the stock air box + filter panel/decats/upgraded exhaust seems to be the best proven method and in your case a spacer on the earlier models. A few people go for headers but they are tricky to fit and quite expensive for relatively little gains, imo.
  10. Cool pics. Is your friend any relation to Kamui?
  11. Someone asked me if it was an Aston Martin the other day..
  12. Get an UpRev remap, you'll get an increase in power and torque and also switchable throttle response via the cruise control buttons, which is all that a D1 controller does anyway.
  13. Out of them two, definitely the 997.
  14. This. We have also been here and stayed in the same villas, really nice relaxing place.
  15. Second hand OEM replacement or a Milltek is pretty quiet.
  16. Is that on inside out? Had a green Halfords cover on previous cars, found it trapped moisture under it. Which I believe isn't good for paintwork. Used a separate sheet under the cover to kind of soak it up. No it's the correct way. It's a breathable 3 layered waterproof one so you won't get any of that.
  17. Pull the handbrake on tailgaters, 9/10 it scares them and they stop doing it.
  18. Yeah, it's only £50 so I don't mind replacing it when necessary.
  19. Came to recommend this. I bought one after your advice in another thread and find works brilliantly and is a very good fit too. As others have said, car needs to be spotlessly clean before you cover it so you don't damage the paintwork. I had mine sat under it for the last 2 weeks as I wasn't using the car and it's still as clean as it was when it went under, no marks on the paintwork.
  20. Despite using two P-clips one of mine moved slightly when I very first installed them and the plastic coating rubbed on my tyre, so had to move the clips about to get the line to sit right. (The lines tend to lift themselves upwards or downwards depending on how you route it) I left it for a few months before replacing the damaged one and had no problems. As I only had one line that needed replacing I spoke to HEL to see if I could buy a single one, they immediately sent me a whole front set free of charge, no questions asked!!
  21. Normal.
  22. That's what I would've said.. A detail to me is paint correction.
  23. I.........am far, far too cheap. If that doesn't include machine polishing then I'm far, far, far too cheap. I just charged £140 for an 8.5 hour detail on a Range Rover Super Sport! That's ridiculously cheap. I'd happily pay £300-£400 for a proper detail.
×
×
  • Create New...