Jump to content

AliveBoy

Members
  • Posts

    6,670
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by AliveBoy

  1. I know last year a lot of people went crazy about "being robbed" and the whole thing being a "scam". Looks like they took on board the negative comments and fixed the problems. Maybe they just had a bad year in 2012. The thing which always gets me is, there's so many people doing this type of thing now, I never know which run I want to join
  2. I figured the aero gains would not be massive but was just interested in if they had any real world gains, even if marginal. I agree they look very nice especially with the turnbuckle connectors That's a good point Dedman... fibreglass ones wouldn't last too long I'd imagine. Crack in the front of my fibreglass one and bits missing from the bottom! I've only had it on for about 3 months
  3. Not sure if trolling...
  4. More importantly they are made from urethane so will take a wallop on some curbs/speedbumps/road without any issues unlike fibreglass ones
  5. Most exhausts will discolour throughout usage from all of the heat cycles it goes through. A bit of metal polish should bring it up nicely, and then whenever you clean the rest of the car give it a wipeover with a damp microfibre to bring the shine up.
  6. To be honest this works in your favour, I had seen this for sale in the past for £350 and wondered why you were trying to beef the price up so much. Now you've justified it I can understand the extra cost. I'd hardly say they have clogged your thread up, rather helped you to provide extra information to make the price more reasonable.
  7. What about getting it smoothed (to remove the bobbly plasticy stuff) and then painted with a nice high gloss piano black type paint. Would work with the alacantara, and for a flair you could have coloured stitching.
  8. Irony: The fact that the fabulous front bumper is far from it!
  9. http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/UNIQUE-WESTLIFE-CAR-2001-FIAT-PUNTO-1-2-DRIVEN-BY-WESTLIFE-ON-TV-SHOW-/221254962405?pt=Automobiles_UK&hash=item3383d2cce5 A must for any Westlife fan!
  10. Normally, you can't replace the bush. Nissan won't supply them without the whole arm, however; zmanalex (in all his wizardry) has the genuine Nissan bushing which makes it a LOT cheaper and easier to fix. If you will just be using the car for normal day to day use, buy the normal Nissan one, if your going down the track or hard driving route go for polybushes
  11. One of them Being Knight-Racer Thought you may well comment on that
  12. It may well be something to do with the fact that they are hand made, with a very strong, light material which is very expensive. With cheap carbon it goes yellow, you can see the thick resin over imperfections and blemishes. If you buy a cheap bonnet it may well not line up properly and could go yellow within a year or so. Making a carbon body panel well is very hard and expensive as you require a massive autoclave and unlike fibreglass you can't really touch it up to make it fit. Those bonnets are £130(+/-) cheaper if you take the VAT off the price. A lot of places quote without VAT to make you think it's the cheapest price around, then whack it on when you check out.
  13. Correct. I think the cursor under your profile is a transparency thing, you can see how many warnings you have as can all of the mods. Then no-one can argue "but I didn't know it was my last chance"
  14. I presume you get them for bad language, aggression, rudeness, scamming etc, there's probably a 3 point system or something. 3 warning points and you get a ban, it's a way of recording who has had x many chances so far.
  15. http://seiboncarbon.co.uk/support 1st question or http://www.srbpower.com/products/SEIBON-CARBON-%252d-NISSAN-350Z-%7B47%7D-FAIRLADY-Z-%28Z33%29%2A-2002%252d2006-CARBON-FIBER-HOOD-VT-style.html
  16. AliveBoy

    Rx7

    I know a few people with them, and theirs are in the shop quite a lot, but I think that's mostly because both of them have very high HP and they get used a lot on track and very hard too. I also know that when they do use them, the smile they come off track with is larger than most other peoples.
  17. Uprate to polybushes, much better
  18. I've got BC racing ones, they are as low as they can go on the rear and all I changed was the rear camber arms. For drifting you want some front camber anyway, so that when you're on full lock you have a decent contact patch with the floor. Before I changed the rear camber arms I had -3 degrees of camber which was waaaay too much. Edit: Where's my invite to the airfield??
  19. Got one for a client which got paid last week, put it this way. It was over 70k!
  20. They had more luck than when they were filming this for transformers 3 then. This was supposedly a real police officer on his way to an incident and went through the closed roads for a short cut. All happened in Washington DC.
  21. They do (and it was the case with Bridgestone and others before Pirelli got the contract) but its down to the teams to ensure the wheels are then fitted on the correct sides as we see when the blankets go on with the directional arrows but I doubt very much that several teams would end up 'swapping sides' with the wheels and if anyone saw an advantage doing that it would be Red Bull who didn't have the issue....... but its fitting of the tyre to the rim thats the issue and not the wheel to the car. If the inner designated edge of tyre is been fitted to outer odge of the wheel ( so effectively the tyre is the wrong way round) then this is where the issue happens at pirelli. The wheels can then just be mounted on opposite sides though surely? Yep! Switch the wheel to the wrong side of the car and the tyre goes the wrong way round.
  22. Remove all warning labels from everything. The problem will solve itself!
  23. Just FYI, in the last 2 months I've bought 2 sets of those alloys for £100 from this forum, so £150 might be a bit high. GLWTS
  24. But the agro of time waiting for a courier to collect, the courier losing his wheels, the arrival day won't count as a day to work on them for the refurb company, neither will the return day, so you're looking at nearly 5 days. (Posting to refurb compay, recieving day, working day, returning day, delivery day) So hire car for 5 days + postage there + postage back + refurb = lots.
×
×
  • Create New...