Jump to content

AliveBoy

Members
  • Posts

    6,670
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by AliveBoy

  1. Wasn't that precisely their problem? They weren't high enough!
  2. Really nice, love those wheels. You've had it a more than a day now, what's the plans?!
  3. Is that the new cat sat next to the y-pipe? Did you heat wrap it, as it looks a bit fluffy Car looks ace
  4. In the spirit of wage willy waving, here's the contents of my wallet. If you look really carefully you can see my two bits of string!
  5. It's probably because they need to be brighter to be seen during the day and if you're turning the headlights on it's getting dark out, therefore a dimmer light will do the same job. You can adjust the brightness of the display using the buttons on the right of the binnacle.
  6. Not a bad price I've bought 2 sets recently for £100 each without tyres and courier price looks good too GLWTS.
  7. I'd heard if it gets wet and then dries it's a pain to get off, explains a lot!
  8. I use t-cut (yep, the stuff the devil created) which polishes the haze out quite quickly, however give it a few months and I can notice the haze coming back. I'm not sure if this is because I haven't removed the top layer as sanding would do, or because the UV has already reacted with the plastic and it happens again. Bringing new unprotected plastic to the surface (buy removing the top layer) might re-haze, but some anti UV wax might save all your hard work.
  9. Has anyone ever used the "snooze box"'s at Silverstone? I'm doing an event in September over 2 days and the thought of sleeping inside the Silverstone grounds for £25 a person (3 person room is £75 a night) is really tempting me. It's on the same days as the BTCC so getting in and out with the car/tyres/kit etc will be a right pain, so this looks good. I just wondered if anyone has any feedback? Their website is www.snoozebox.com. Thanks, Matt
  10. Have you used anything to prevent it from happening again? Otherwise you'll find it comes back.
  11. There's a few traders on here who should be able to help. One will probably come along shortly
  12. That is in no way a shed Very nice
  13. Wasn't even born then lol
  14. At my work we call it intaxication. Intaxication: the feeling of joy at being awarded money, until you realise that it was yours in the first place.
  15. Certainly sounds like our friends at HMRC to me. Bunch of inbred illiterate knobshanks. The amount of times they mess up the most menial tasks is astounding!
  16. OH! MY! GOD! You use a sponge?? Yeah, it's melon shaped, like this: The car is treated to a lambswool wash mitt.
  17. Yeah, currently working for a company called Global Tax Network, it's great because every client is different and it doesn't get boring. Are you with a firm?
  18. I dance around in a mankini spraying the hose vertically to keep me cool. Bit of a soapy sponge wringing over my chest and I'm nice and chilled, car is still a mess though.
  19. AliveBoy

    LOUDER!!!

    What DB do you get on it?
  20. I work in expatriate tax, dealing mostly with high net worth individuals. When I see someone only 2 or 3 years older than me with a tax bill multiple times my wage I do get a little bit sad
  21. Which has subsequently been gated up and shut to traffic, so fellsteruk you won't be able to do you own.
  22. I'm currently working on a method of securing the indicators/numberplate lights to the body so that if the bumper gets touched it won't take anything with it. You have room to play with, but I just don't fancy losing an inch or so of available space
  23. Morning all! I'm starting to do events where you need a tow eye fitted on both the front and back of the car and not just one. What do you guys (and girls!) use? Obviously I have the standard screw in eye, but for the back I want something a bit better. In the event I'm doing in September one of the requirements is to drift with the back of the car as close to some concrete blocks as possible, now with that sort of thing I don't really want to have the hook hanging out waiting to be ripped off taking the car with it. I've got a tow strap, but I'm not sure where to fit it; I was thinking bolting it through the rear crash bar and putting a slit in the bumper for it to hang out of. If the worst should happen, would this be strong enough to tow the car for a short period of time? Thanks, Matt
  24. Theres also the taylor run for the Meningitis UK charity, its only in the UK which is good and bad at the same time.
  25. Ditto! But I'm really curious now
×
×
  • Create New...