Jump to content

AliveBoy

Members
  • Posts

    6,670
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by AliveBoy

  1. Door card off, then they are screwed on behind
  2. 4 years, still going strong
  3. Hi Matt, Can you find a car with similar suspension and bodge it's springs to fit?! Love, Matt
  4. I suppose a positive is that now the engine has had a flush through, so long as it hasn't damaged anything yet. The colour of the oil when it comes out will tell you a lot
  5. You clearly don't know the limit's of my ham fisted-ness He has to do it with 1) A stormtrooper helmet on and 2) with those amazing boobs distracting him
  6. If you buy this, then you have to come to JAE! I'd of snapped this up, but I want to save this month, otherwise my wheels would be on right now! Ignore me, just seen it's gone
  7. Yeah -4 should suffice. Isn't -4 mentally high?! I had -3 on the back before and that was a pretty sharp angle I want huge camber on the front of mine for drifting, will be interested to see if you get some. Where are you based?
  8. Jeez - don't know how you two are inputting your details but I'd be amazed if you could get insurance on a zed for £2000 at 18 (or 19). Even allowing for the gender directive - which stopped firms discriminating against young male drivers even though statistically they have the most accidents - I can't see that £2k adequately covers the risk...and then there's those aftermarket wheels, exhausts.... Please believe I'm not trying to be an @rse or a killjoy - but if you don't disclose all relevant facts to an insurer - not just the ones that they ask for, you are storing up problems and leaving yourselves open to having your cover voided in the event of a claim - which could be potentially ruinous to you. To be honest I think you're being a bit cynical. 4 years ago I got a Z at 20, all mods declared and I paid £1800. The value of the car was higher then too (obviously!) and there weren't as many younger drivers either. I had one parent as a named driver and I didn't need a black box installed, it was through admiral too. I'm still with EUI group (Admiral, Elephant, Diamond, Gladiator, Bell) now and it's gone down nicely each year, just buy alternating between Admiral and Elephant, the service I've had from them has been amazing too. You're an arse sometimes
  9. You're my genuine hero! Love it dude. Long live super bizz!
  10. They're hard in the living room on a sofa, let alone whilst driving!
  11. It's next month now. Get going
  12. With the driftworks ones, I'd just ask them, they're a really helpful bunch If it's anything like their other car bits, they should have quite a nice amount of camber
  13. Love the ad, GLWTS Will
  14. This looks like a fairly unbiased test, shame the HKS isn't included though http://www.fastcar.co.uk/2012/05/04/performance-car-air-filter-test/
  15. Don't the HKS mushroom filters have a reputation for eating themselves? You don't want pieces of foam going through the supercharger, no matter how small they might be
  16. Forgive my stupidity but what do you mean when 'Wiped with a QD' I'm such a noob That's cool, quick detailer Literally, Just a quick wipe over was all that was needed. It was just things like fingerprints etc showed up loads. I had it fitted in october and it doesn't do it anymore though so it must have been something minor
  17. I had one supplied by National Windscreens through Elephant (All EUI group companies use National) For the first few weeks the screen showed up LOADS of tiny marks, which when wiped with a QD came off, but it must have been in the residue from the protective films they removed or something. The guy was a bit of a thicko, but he did a good job, had to come back twice to collect tools he'd forgotten though, and he had to borrow some tools off me too!
  18. Personally, I'm not a fan, when you take pictures, there's no wheels visible, when the car is moving it looks like you have steel wheels on. Have you thought of a gunmetal colour? Dark enough to still look moody, but light enough that you can still appreciate the lovely alloys the 370 has?
  19. Do you not think it's a little bit lame, LITERALLY copying someone else's design? "Oh cool graphics mate!" "Yeah, they were made by some guy in his shed in sussex" "So you've got fake nismo graphics?" "Yeah, but I saved a few quid." Surely it would be much better to take the nismo ones as inspiration, mix it up a touch and then have 10-15 people driving round with your hard work on their cars? Instead of your work you can't really take credit for, because all you've done is copy it? Take Wasso as a prime example. He didn't like aspects of the motordyne plenum spacer, so he took one, improved on it and made it his own, now he sells it. A "Wasso spacer" is far more desirable than a motordyne one on this forum now.
  20. Congrats dude, hard work has paid off!
  21. This thread is amazing! Love the mop Dave, looks a bit like a baboon!
  22. This is when I like the american way of doing things, take one illegally parked car blocking a fire hydrant, one house fire and the need for water... Full story: http://www.dailymail...alarm-fire.html Fair play to them but typically stupid American way of doing it. If that had been the UK Firemen then they would have smashed just the one window, let off the handbrake and rolled the car out of the way. I'd guess they did it this way to prove a point, and if the car has deadlocks, you wouldn't be able to open the door anyway, and if there's one of the foot "handbrakes" they'd have to mess around trying to get in to it. Quicker to put both windows through and chuck the hose through I guess. How the pressure was affected by that massive kink I don't know
  23. I'd love to see a Z in this colour if you can get hold of the code. If you do, never share it! Keep it a secret
×
×
  • Create New...